Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FOX: Top 10 Hottest Current Rivalries

Riggz101

I love how every other NFC East team is a hot rivalry except ours. I don't think the Dolphins-Bills are a hot rivlary at all. The TO/Parcells battle is old and it would be different if Parcells coached the Dolphins but he doesn't. Not sure about Titans/Steelers either. They played one good game and now they are big rivals? Not buying that.

Right now? I don't think Skins/Boys are top 10. In the 80s and early 90s? Probably #1.

Certainly not on the National scale.

It's slowly coming around again now were winning more games against Dallas, but for a long time, it was pretty hard to have a true "rivalry" when one team dominated so much.

It'll always be "the game" to the fans, more so on our side than the Texans, but sadly the day's of the players caring as much as we do and making the game the hate filled spectacle it once was are long gone.

Hail.

It is interesting to see everyone hates each other in our division but we're not in on it.

The top fans was an interesting read, and not necessarily one I'd agree with. The Cowboys ran in at number 10 and the blurb said this:

This fan base, which was really a bunch of bandwagon jumpers during the Aikman-Irvin-Emmitt dynasty, transformed into diehards. With fans in every city, "America's Team" has become wildly popular. Simple folks flock to the star and seem to be enamored with it, but the rules about cheering for a team you have no connection with is still a violation.

Still a lot of bandwagoners.

Certainly not on the National scale.

It's slowly coming around again now were winning more games against Dallas, but for a long time, it was pretty hard to have a true "rivalry" when one team dominated so much.

It'll always be "the game" to the fans, more so on our side than the Texans, but sadly the day's of the players caring as much as we do and making the game the hate filled spectacle it once was are long gone.

Hail.

I don't know I recall Haynesworth stomping the face of dallas Center..HMMMM

Dolphins/Bills?

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease.

Yeah I don't buy that one at all. They are saying its a "hot" rivalry because of TO and Parcells. They haven't even played a game yet and some how its a top 10 rivalry? I feel like one of these two teams has finished in last for the better part of the last 5-6 years anyway.

I don't know if anyone looked at the "top 10 fanbases" on there but it's equally ridiculous.

They say that dallas fans used to be bandwagon fans but have "transformed into diehards." :laugh:

That might not even be the funniest part, they said that eagles fans are without question the most knowledgable fans in the league.

Wow. :doh: Fox is stupid.

I think top rivalries are either between top teams or teams with a lot of media presence. That's who shows up on this list. We're neither, yet. The Skins-Cowboys rivalry is more on our side at this point. The Cowpokes seem to be sort of ambivalent towards us.

I would think the Skins & Eagles would be a better rivalry than the Dolphins & Bills.

Whatever....

What about the Skins v. Giants?

-- 1936, had the Giants win, they win the division.

-- 1937, had the Giants beaten us, they win the division.

-- 1938, had we beat the Giants, we win the division.

-- 1939, had we beat the Giants, we win the division.

-- 1940, had we lost twice to the Giants, the Dodgers win the division.

-- 1941, had we beat the Giants, we win the division.

-- 1943, beat the Giants in a tie-breaker to win the division.

-- 1944, had we not been swept by the Giants, we win the division.

-- 1946, had we beat the Giants, we win the division.

-- 1947, half the Giants' wins came against us.

-- 1949, bad year for us which included being swept by the Giants.

-- 1950, again a bad season and again swept.

-- 1951, again a bad season and again swept.

-- 1952, had the Giants swept us, they would have at least gotten a tie-break game v. Cleveland.

-- 1955, if we had swept the Giants, we'd have won the divison.

-- 1958, the Giants sweep us en route to a pretty fair season.

-- 1959, the Giants sweep us en route to a pretty fair season.

1960-1970, pretty much both teams were mediocre but there was the highest scoring contest and several exiting games.

In the 70s, the only time we went to the dance, we swept the Giants and also swept them all but once when we went to the playoffs. Had they not swept us in 1977, George Allen would have won the division.

In the 80s, every time we went to the dance, we had swept them and in their two SB years, they swept us (including beating us in the NFC Championship game).

In 1999, we swept them and win our last division crown.

In 2000, the loss to the Giants got a coach fired.

In 2001, the victory over the Giants was our first solid one.

In 2002, the Giants don't sweep us, they don't go to the playoffs.

In 2003, the Giants don't beat us and who knows what might have happened.

In 2004, the loss to the Giants was key to Joe Gibbs having such a bad season.

In 2005, the victory over the Giants was key to the playoff run.

In 2007, the victory over the Giants was key to the playoff run.

Last year, they swept us and we miss the playoffs.

Every dallas or philly fan I meet loathes the Skins with a passion...like almost as much as I hate them. We talk a ton of ****.

The only NFCEast team of which I've met fans of who don't really care about us is the giants. Their fans seem to greatly dislike the Skins, but don't actually talk much **** nor seem to really care about hating us.

But maybe that's just me?

Either way, I would have put the Skins/cowgirls or Skins/eagles on here over the dolphins/bills. Seriously?

It is hard to give any serious consideration to our team being a rivalry with anyone.

When was the last time we won the division, let alone went to a SB?

It is like in college football. Who the hell wants to watch the Outback Bowl? A game that means nothing, with teams that aren't so great.

Exactly, no one.

Only fans of the teams playing. No one else in the country gives a crap.

If we just read this we wouldn't be talking about it..

"With nearly a century of storied tradition — and a sport built on high intensity, bruising hits and crushing collisions, bitter rivalries were a natural result and have helped power the league's interest for decades. But with all due respect and apologies to old-school rivalries like Packers-Bears and Cowboys-Redskins that helped build this league — which are the tastiest NFL rivalries RIGHT NOW?"

Archived