Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Costs of Movies

TMK9973

I have heard complaints about cost of Football and baseball games. Lots of complaints about how it will cost of $100 for a family of 4 to go to a game.

How about Movies!

Last Sunday I took my 2 kids to a Nationals game. 3 hours of fun, being outside, watched a good game, ate food, got 2 free Zimmerman Jerseys, each had a hot dog lunch there and cost me less then $100 total ($68 for tickets, 2 family packs for $8 each, 2 beers and nachos).

tonight, wanted to take them to see UP in 3-D -

$40 for 3 tickets! Plus it will be another $25 for pop corn and drinks! So at least $65 to take my kids to see a 2 hours movie that will not include dinner and will have nothing to show for it afterwards!

That is WAY to much!

the padres have 5 dollar tickets and even have a miniature diamond in the park for kids to play on.

IMAX cost me 16.50 a pop for Star Trek.

Petco also has the kid stand near the sand box. $1 hot dogs and $1 lemonade! (Although one day a Home run is going to hit a kid in the sand box!

besides having two kids under 6, that is why i built a home theater in my basement(pure mancave) with a 117in screen and 8 reclining badass chairs with cupholders and subwoofers in each...not to mention having Netflix.....it has paid for itself in 3 years.....nothing beats it and NFL in HD on that screen is SIZZZICK!!! but i digest. :)

Went and saw Star Trek a few weeks ago,and the large soda cost more than the ticket. Go during regular showings and I may have to take out a loan for the pop corn.

You know what killed me? They wanted a buck fifty for ****ing popcorn seasoning. The same popcorn seasoning that used to be free. :wtf:

Amazing that a movie ticket is 10 bucks, and 6 months later, a Redbox rental on a nice upscaling DVD player is a DOLLAR. You'll pay more than that on gas in the parking lot trying to get a space on a busy Saturday!

It's cheaper to own the DVD than to see it in theaters. Sheesh.

Archived