Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The ES List of the Greatest Cartoons Ever - SEMIFINALS - B (vote before 12 PM)

Sticksboi05

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

escartoons.gif

Welcome to the semifinals. We have narrowed it down to 50. The seeding format will go sort of like sports. Group A's winners will play Group J's winners and B plays I etc. Once again, you are to vote for FIVE of the cartoons listed. Happy voting and good luck to your favorites.

Thundercats????

Worst acting and some horribly formulaic, weak storylines. The stills were nice and they weren't badly drawn, but in terms of storytelling and execution Thundercats were downright awful. Almost as bad as He-man. He-Man loses because of the stiff horid animation. Dreadful cartoons that showed the rot of our culture.

South Park for pushing boundaries and being downright funny for the sake of it.

Tom and Jerry - beautiful animation, amazing sequences. Very good characters with many ranges. NO STENCILS. EVER.

Rocko's Modern Life- Loony. And I love loony.

~Bang

Thundercats????

You're arguing with nostalgia. It doesn't matter how stupid or bad it was, if you liked it as a kid reasoning doesn't mean a thing. I've recently rewatched GI Joe and thought it was cheesy as hell, but it still doesn't negate the good memories.

You're arguing with nostalgia. It doesn't matter how stupid or bad it was, if you liked it as a kid reasoning doesn't mean a thing. I've recently rewatched GI Joe and thought it was cheesy as hell, but it still doesn't negate the good memories.

Exactly, can't negate my childhood memories of Thundercats no matter how stupid the voices were or whatever.

Seriously if Tom and Jerry doesn't win it all the contest is crazy.

The early episodes from Hanna-Barbera (before the abominations of the Chuck Jones era) are the best cartoons ever made. They won 7 freaking academy awards. The animation is light years ahead of the dog**** kids watch today, and those things were made in the 40's and 50's which tells you how much some cartoons have regressed. The musical scores are legendary, they set the standard for so many things, and they did it all with 2 characters that NEVER SPOKE A SINGLE WORD.

BAH HUMBUG.

Seriously if Tom and Jerry doesn't win it all the contest is crazy.

The early episodes from Hanna-Barbera (before the abominations of the Chuck Jones era) are the best cartoons ever made. They won 7 freaking academy awards. The animation is light years ahead of the dog**** kids watch today, and those things were made in the 40's and 50's which tells you how much some cartoons have regressed. The musical scores are legendary, they set the standard for so many things, and they did it all with 2 characters that NEVER SPOKE A SINGLE WORD.

BAH HUMBUG.

Tom/Jerry will make the top 5 likely but it won't beat out The Simpsons because it is not better than The Simpsons.

If we were going by animation, Dragonball Z would still be in.

Tom/Jerry will make the top 5 likely but it won't beat out The Simpsons because it is not better than The Simpsons.

Tom and Jerry ran for 25 years and won 7 academy awards.

The Simpsons has run for 20 years and has won 0 academy awards.

Hell, a major aspect of the Simpsons, itchy and scratchy is a direct homage to Tom and Jerry, in fact you could go as far as to say Tom and Jerry have carried a few Simpsons episodes.

Plus the Simpsons have sucked since around 1998-1999 anyways.

South Park > Simpsons > Family Guy

Nah, Simpsons has been doing it better longer - without needing to have kneejerks like Cartman and that homophobe/gay teacher.

Simpsons is based on much funnier storylines. But I agree that both are better than Family guy. I can't wait until Simpsons is cyndicated.

The thing about the cartoons of today (ala Southpark and The Simpsons) is that in addition to being funny stuff, they've got deeper storylines. Tom and Jerry was so freakin predictable and it was mainly sketches than actual shows.

it has been...for about 15 years now.

what channels show simpsons other than Fox? I want it to be getting as much air time as Seinfeld and Family Guy are getting. Maybe I shouldn't have said cyndicated, but just shown more often. People think Family Guy is the greatest show ever cause its crammed down our throats. Even WB picked up Southpark on latenights. We need to be able to see Simpsons more.

what channels show simpsons other than Fox? I want it to be getting as much air time as Seinfeld and Family Guy are getting. Maybe I shouldn't have said cyndicated, but just shown more often. People think Family Guy is the greatest show ever cause its crammed down our throats. Even WB picked up Southpark on latenights. We need to be able to see Simpsons more.

the WB shows the simpsons...at least by me they do.

Archived