Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The ES List of the Greatest Cartoons Ever - SEMIFINALS - B (vote before 12 PM)

Sticksboi05

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

It took only a few seconds to vote for Tom and Jerry, the Transformers, South Park, Family Guy and the Boondocks. I enjoy all five of those cartoons.

Tom and Jerry is one of my all-time favorite cartoons. T and J were entertaining, and the animation and sound effects were superb.

Transformers were a fun after-school ritual for me during my middle school years.

At its best, South Park is terrific social satire. I also love Family Guy. I think Seth MacFarlane is a genius.

As for the Boondocks, I'm a fan of both the show and the comic strip.

This is the first one I had to really choose between. I couldn't vote for Boondocks. I liked the second season, but they haven't done enough (on TV) to warrant my vote for them.

Yeah lack of episodes really hurt them.

Tom and Jerry is an earlier favorite to win it all IMO. That is the only cartoon I watched my WHOLE LIFE. Got tired of Family Guy, tired of Spongebob, tired of The Simpsons, and tired of South Park.

Yeah lack of episodes really hurt them.

Tom and Jerry is an earlier favorite to win it all IMO. That is the only cartoon I watched my WHOLE LIFE. Got tired of Family Guy, tired of Spongebob, tired of The Simpsons, and tired of South Park.

And you didn't get tired of Tom and Jerry? THat show has the same plot every episode!

This is a tough group...

The Transformers: I loved the Transformers. But they weren't around long enough and I was very young.

South Park: classic show. Revolutionized adult comedy IMO. Doesn't have deep roots for me though.

Tom and Jerry: If you were to ask my Mom one cartoon I was hooked to, this would probably be one of the top.

G.I. Joe: NOW, if you were to ask my Mom my favorite show, she would no doubt say GI Joe. And now that I think about it, you couldn't pull me away!!!! It was my ultimate show!!! Heck, I even joined the Army!

Family Guy: My favorite cartoon show today, but hasn't been around enough.

Rocko's Modern Life: Loved it, didn't last long enough.

Thundercats: Great for after school.

Dexter's Laboratory: Came out at a time where I wasn't watching too many Cartoons but I would watch this one.

GI Joe FTW

Since this is a cartoon thread and before i get to my votes, did anyone ever catch the Korgoth of Barbaria pilot that was on Adult swim a few years back and is on youtube? It was freaking awesome and one of the most promising cartoons i have seen in awhile and adult swim didnt pick up. It was medieval, violent, funny, heavy metal music, just awesome. Many people petitioned to get it on the air but they said it would be way too expense to produce a season and even the pilot was super expense. All cartoon fans here should give it a search and a shot on youtube. You won't be let down i promise.

Man i had to leave Family Guy off my list. Granted most of my votes were because of how much i enjoyed the cartoons growing up. GI Joe was great and partly because i had about 40 if not more of the those 3 inch replicas of the characters and a ton of other toys from the GI Joe Universe. Same with Transformers. I also loved Thundercats growing up. Not many people you can walk up to in my generation and say "Thundercats!!!" and not get the "HOOOOOO" response. From all different types and sorts of people too. South Park is currently my favorite cartoon on tv still making new episodes. The simpsons has just gotten stale for me as I've gotten older but obviously i still enjoy it and have seen just about every episode multiple times. Finally there was no way i couldn't vote for Tom and Jerry. So sadly Family Guy couldn't get my vote.

Insstead they'd rather air Tim and Eric and a bunch of crap that isn't even cartoons now. I think Tim and Eric is one of the most mind numbing 15 minutes of television there is. I'd rather watch an infomercial.

This is a tough group...

The Transformers: I loved the Transformers. But they weren't around long enough and I was very young.

South Park: classic show. Revolutionized adult comedy IMO. Doesn't have deep roots for me though.

Tom and Jerry: If you were to ask my Mom one cartoon I was hooked to, this would probably be one of the top.

G.I. Joe: NOW, if you were to ask my Mom my favorite show, she would no doubt say GI Joe. And now that I think about it, you couldn't pull me away!!!! It was my ultimate show!!! Heck, I even joined the Army!

Family Guy: My favorite cartoon show today, but hasn't been around enough.

Rocko's Modern Life: Loved it, didn't last long enough.

Thundercats: Great for after school.

Dexter's Laboratory: Came out at a time where I wasn't watching too many Cartoons but I would watch this one.

GI Joe FTW

How has Family Guy not been around long enough, my god it debuted Dec 31, 1999. That's 10 years ago.

Besides G.I. Joe lasted 2 years...

Since this is a cartoon thread and before i get to my votes, did anyone ever catch the Korgoth of Barbaria pilot that was on Adult swim a few years back and is on youtube? It was freaking awesome and one of the most promising cartoons i have seen in awhile and adult swim didnt pick up. It was medieval, violent, funny, heavy metal music, just awesome. Many people petitioned to get it on the air but they said it would be way too expense to produce a season and even the pilot was super expense. All cartoon fans here should give it a search and a shot on youtube. You won't be let down i promise.

Man i had to leave Family Guy off my list. Granted most of my votes were because of how much i enjoyed the cartoons growing up. GI Joe was great and partly because i had about 40 if not more of the those 3 inch replicas of the characters and a ton of other toys from the GI Joe Universe. Same with Transformers. I also loved Thundercats growing up. Not many people you can walk up to in my generation and say "Thundercats!!!" and not get the "HOOOOOO" response. From all different types and sorts of people too. South Park is currently my favorite cartoon on tv still making new episodes. The simpsons has just gotten stale for me as I've gotten older but obviously i still enjoy it and have seen just about every episode multiple times. Finally there was no way i couldn't vote for Tom and Jerry. So sadly Family Guy couldn't get my vote.

Insstead they'd rather air Tim and Eric and a bunch of crap that isn't even cartoons now. I think Tim and Eric is one of the most mind numbing 15 minutes of television there is. I'd rather watch an infomercial.

Good thing they played it in syndication for so long. It had a good run though,

1985-1990.

How has Family Guy not been around long enough, my god it debuted Dec 31, 1999. That's 10 years ago.

Besides G.I. Joe lasted 2 years...

But it was canceled for a while. It doesn't have deep roots like GI Joe does for me.

I seriously have every season of Family Guy on DVD, other than the new episodes being aired. I watch those on Hulu. I love Family Guy. But cartoons and shows aren't the same for me like when I was a kid.

Archived