Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Adam Schein say's Skins will finish last. Unless Jason gets help at WR.

clskinsfan

He will be collectively seen as a douche.

First, he refuses to acknowledge the pracitcally legendary status of our defense with their new additions.

Second, and most importantly, he refuses to acknowledge the Hall of Fame status of our 3rd string QB who was drafted in the 6th Round.

That is the first time I have seen Schien after hearing him on the radio. He doesn't look anything like I thought he would. Anywho...

The criticisms can be made of Dallass

We have Moss and Cooley.

Dallass has Williams and Witten.

That is a wash as far as I am concerned.

Running games should be similar as well.

Skins D is better.

El, Kelly, Thomas, and Davis have a much better chance to succeed and have higher ceilings than Crayton and Austin.

I'll take the Skins FTW.

El, Kelly, Thomas, and Davis have a much better chance to succeed and have higher ceilings than Crayton and Austin.

I'll take the Skins FTW.

Disagree on that......I've seen Crayton and Austin do a lot more serious damage to defenses, than El, who has been around a while, and Thomas/Davis, who have proven nothing thus far.

For what its worth i think JC is primed for a big year. First time he has had the same system for 2 years in a row. It is a contract year for him. He needs to play well to either get paid here or somewhere else next year. If not it's career backup time. I may end up being completely wrong. But I sure hope i am right for once.

I think we just have to wait and see. We have not seen enough of Thomas/Davis/Kelly to form an opinion. El is best used as a number 3.

We just have to be patient and hope at least 2 of the 3 show they belong this season. The potential is there, but potential doesn't win games. I am hopeful and confident that are corps of receivers will demonstrate that they belong.

For what its worth i think JC is primed for a big year. First time he has had the same system for 2 years in a row. It is a contract year for him. He needs to play well to either get paid here or somewhere else next year. If not it's career backup time. I may end up being completely wrong. But I sure hope i am right for once.

Well if he's throwing to a bunch of midgets it won't look good. In the red zone cooley is always double teamed, which is why he has 1 TD. We have no one in the red zone.

If I were to rate our current weaknesses, they'd be:

1. QB.

2. No. 2 receiver

3. RT

4. OLB

So, if someone steps up at No. 2, it's likely to make No. 1 better. And, vice versa. If Campbell steps up, the No. 2 receiver, even ARE, seems more competent. Overall the spot we lack someone we know can fill the role is strongside backer, but I'd rate it fourth as a weakness because the defense has 10 real nice pieces, plus well-placed depth. You can get by with competent play at strongside given that.

Well if he's throwing to a bunch of midgets it won't look good. In the red zone cooley is always double teamed, which is why he has 1 TD. We have no one in the red zone.

I totally agree, we need Thomas and Davis to contribute down there so that Cooley and Moss can catch some balls. It is pretty easy as the opposing DC to just take Cooley out from the thrity in, and Moss is too small in tight space to make the tough catches. I love both of them, but without some help they can't be expected to carry the team in the redzone.

It is what the Skins spent the three seconds on anyway, so even they know it is a problem. What I hope to see is Davis, Cooley, Moss and Thomas along with El in the slot on third and longs. You don't know which TE is hot and which is staying in to block or maybe neither is and El takes the end around? I think this set makes for nightmarish match-ups. Too many times last year teams could just pin their ears back and take the needed time for Campbell to find his open man. I like El more than most around here, but he has been mis-used, IMO.

I think we can get good play out of the line we have, Thomas being healthy, Dockery returning and a resurging Heyer could surprise all of us. Now we need a number two... tall guy who has not fooled around with underaged girls or who acts like one to step up. I think Davis is going to be great when paired with Cooley.

I had felt that JC had regressed down the stretch and lost some confidence. After rewatching the games I'm getting a different impression. JC didn't appear to be holding the ball nearly as much as I had previously thought. The biggest thing to me is that he never appeared lost with the additional pressure due to a sagging running game, or pass pro with the injuries and breakdowns on the O-line.

Accuracy is still a concern. Hopefully that will improve and hopefully the Kelly and DT can give us more in terms of possession guys on the quick throws.

];6426424']He will be collectively seen as a douche.

First' date=' he refuses to acknowledge the pracitcally legendary status of our defense with their new additions.

Second, and most importantly, he refuses to acknowledge the Hall of Fame status of our 3rd string QB who was drafted in the 6th Round.[/quote']

Amen,

The skins have had the best 3rd string QB in the league since I was born, and its nice to see that someone else agrees that Colt Brennan will be in the HOF considering he has had 0 incomplete passes and 0 INT's as an NFL QB.

Although the guy's annoying as hell, he may be dead on. When teams have figured out how to take Moss and Cooley out of the game plan, they've basically have won the game vs the Skins. Kelly and Thomas have to make their presence known on offense for the Skins to be effective this year.

I'll take the Skins FTW.

Kelly may not ever see a field again. Your post has some good points.

That line is absurd.

I'll take the Skins FTW.

Crayton's numbers are a little better than ARE's the last few years. He's had more competition for receptions on his team, but a bit better QB play.

They had a rookie TE last year, Bennett, who got on the field and outplayed Davis.

A lot of people are pretty high on Austin's upside. And, to a lesser extent, that of Stanback and Hurd.

You can certainly argue the opinion that the Skins have more upside, but it's pretty far from a slam dunk. And the Cowboys group has certainly proven more in the NFL so far.

The next time Schein says something complimentary about the Redskins it will be the first, but on this he's dead on. If we don't get improved productions from the 2nd year receivers we will struggle to get out of last place.

For the record I expect them all to have strong 2nd seasons and for us to finish above Dallas (and Philly) in the division.

Schein, and pretty much eveyone else, picks the Skins to finish last every year. Last year we lost to the woeful Rams and Bengals. You have to shut these people up with success on the field. Until you do, you will be considered inferior.

Archived