Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is the Devil's music

Burgold

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Anyone remember King Diamond? I used to take bass lessons from a guy who toured with him. (he was a bass player for the band Toxic). Anyways, he said he was definitely a weird dude, didn't say much.

Also, anything Danzig has done, except the Misfits. Samhain, Danzig, etc.

Haha I definitely remember Kind Diamond. I actually have a Mercyful Fate song somewhere on my iPod "Doomed by the Living Dead," great song but I never got big into King Diamond or Mercyful Fate really.

whenever I think of Norweigan Death Metal the first person I think of is King Diamond. All the way down to the makeup.

Danzig was definitely dark...and kind of scary. That was until he got knocked out!!

Lol, as soon as I saw the youtube link and that you were replying to something about Danzig I knew it was him getting KO'd!

See Tipper Gore & the PMRC. See also my mom who claims the Devil's music is whatever is blaring out of my stereo.

:evil:

meh, I think it has worked out to the artist's advantage, if anything. Bands like Slayer and Danzig and King Diamond rode that horse as far as they could.

Put a pentagram on your album cover and a lot of 13 year old boys will buy it.

(No one ever admits the obvious. Mozart, clearly and obviously, made a Faustian deal.)

If you're gonna bring up Faust while discussing music, I find it my duty to bring up the Kamelot albums Epica and The Black Halo, which tell the story of Faust. Damn good Epic Metal in there for those interested.

I understand your point but who's promoting these songs? Sure the rappers make the music but the big CEO's ie..Jimmy Iovine(interscope) promotes it and pays these rappers to rap about those things.

Although I dont relate to any rapper who talks about selling drugs or pimping hoes I grew up on that kinda of music from the likes of Dr. Dre and Snoop. Jimmy Iovine is the machine behind all of it that pays radio and tv stations to play it. Their's no way in hell he's scared of anybody with all the power he has so If things are going to change it has to start with people like him.

By the way I dont have an opinion on "devils music".

I got you and for the record I listen to Rap music and have since 1985 when I first heard Run DMC. But to me the problem isn't the rappers who are making the music and its not the CEO who wants to publish it. The problem comes down to the kids that want to listen to it and act upon it. This morning I was reading an old article in Blender magazine about TI and in it he was saying things like "I downsized my car collection from 16 cars to 10" and talked about his need to buy those illegal guns which landed him in prison even though the mans a millionare. This attitude that money rules all is passed down to the kids today in the music they listen to. It's different from the past where bands like Canibal Corpse, Slayer, Danzig, and Ozzy would scare the kids with demonic images and images of hell. You can't see those things or feel them but when you see a guy driving a BMW you know he got from selling drugs or doing some criminal activity your on a different level. Rap music back in the day had some personal meaning to it. Today's music is missing that. You listen to a top 40 station and you'll hear some rapper talking about his money, his girls, his homeys, and the crime he commits to get it all. It's a blueprint to a criminalistic, materialistic lifestyle that people are becoming more and more acceptable with. If that's not the devils music then nothing is

I got you and for the record I listen to Rap music and have since 1985 when I first heard Run DMC. But to me the problem isn't the rappers who are making the music and its not the CEO who wants to publish it. The problem comes down to the kids that want to listen to it and act upon it. This morning I was reading an old article in Blender magazine about TI and in it he was saying things like "I downsized my car collection from 16 cars to 10" and talked about his need to buy those illegal guns which landed him in prison even though the mans a millionare. This attitude that money rules all is passed down to the kids today in the music they listen to. It's different from the past where bands like Canibal Corpse, Slayer, Danzig, and Ozzy would scare the kids with demonic images and images of hell. You can't see those things or feel them but when you see a guy driving a BMW you know he got from selling drugs or doing some criminal activity your on a different level. Rap music back in the day had some personal meaning to it. Today's music is missing that. You listen to a top 40 station and you'll hear some rapper talking about his money, his girls, his homeys, and the crime he commits to get it all. It's a blueprint to a criminalistic, materialistic lifestyle that people are becoming more and more acceptable with. If that's not the devils music then nothing is
It's better than a birdwalk or some stupid dance like that. That's when Rap was at it's best.

also see my mother and her definition of KISS

Kids

In

Satans

Service

oh yeah, ozzy also.

See also Blackie Lawless. :)

We're

All

Sexual

Perverts

And zoony it wasn't so much as slap a pentagram on an album as it was slap that Parental Guidance Explicit Lyrics sticker on a CD.

You see the PMRC in their misguided attention whoring to rid the country of all things metal/rock/whatever you want to call it missed one major point. If you label something as 'bad' then teenage angst/rebellion kicks in & says '**** you. I gotta have that.'

Tipper & her army of misguided housewives ended up making more bands successful rather then having them done away with.

my mom calls me up after the second season of meet the osbournes and tells me "that ozzy sure loves his family and he is so funny".

yeah the SAME ozzy that she used to call a devil worshipper and make me destroy all of his tapes. Parents never understood the theatrics and gimmic behind it all. I wasnt worshipping the devil, I was just in to aggressive in your face metal that seemed to scare everyone else.

And zoony it wasn't so much as slap a pentagram on an album as it was slap that Parental Guidance Explicit Lyrics sticker on a CD.

You see the PMRC in their misguided attention whoring to rid the country of all things metal/rock/whatever you want to call it missed one major point. If you label something as 'bad' then teenage angst/rebellion kicks in & says '**** you. I gotta have that.'

Tipper & her army of misguided housewives ended up making more bands successful rather then having them done away with.

Yah that's exactly my point, I agree.

If people didn't find that kind of thing controversial, than hundreds of artists couldn't have capitalized on it- and you'd probably never would have heard of any of those bands.

So really, I think it's just the opposite of what Hendrix posted. All the "devils music" nonsense was one of the best things to happen to rock.

Archived