Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike & Mike: Justin Tuck on Jason Campbell

SkinsTerps26

Likes him, but he's still developing. Window for development is small in this league

Says his Upside is the greatest of a group of QBs Greenberg brought up who are below 30 years old.

doesn't have the group of guys the other teams do

I think he's a promising young QB

Also, when asked if he would build a team with Romo sits to pee his response

"I plea the fifth"

:dallasuck

Romo sits to pee sucks hard

I know this sounds really bad but...Why couldn't Romo sits to pee been at that Rookie Mini Camp....

I know I know heartless right ....but somewhere deep down I would have liked to see Romo sits to pee buried under one of those lights...kinda like the wicked witch under that house in OZ....I kid I kid...

campbell has all the tools

He does...no doubt. However, he still sometimes appears to be missing something.

I think of it like this (and forgive me for comparing our 2 young QBs as people have done in about 100 other threads)...

Campbell is a better physical QB than Brennan, no doubt. He has a better arm, better mobility, better measurables, and even played in a better conference vs. better competition in college.

However, Brennan was THE MAN at Hawaii. In crunch time, he took the offense on his shoulders and took it upon himself to make a play/win the game. Campbell, despite tougher competition, wasn't even the biggest threat on his own team. He had 2 great RBs and was probably only asked to do something clutch a handful of times at Auburn.

Now, what that translates to, I don't really know. However, I can't imagine that Campbell is more sure of himself with games on the line than Colt is given he's had less experience in those situations. Also, I would guess it's easier to "command the huddle" when you had to do it all through college and everyone was looking to you. Campbell, whether he actually deferred or not, had the option to defer to Ronnie Brown, Caddillac Williams, etc.

Anyway, just something I've been thinking about and been waiting to post in a Campbell thread since I didn't think it deserved its own!

I know this sounds really bad but...Why couldn't Romo sits to pee been at that Rookie Mini Camp....

I know I know heartless right ....but somewhere deep down I would have liked to see Romo sits to pee buried under one of those lights...kinda like the wicked witch under that house in OZ....I kid I kid...

:doh:If you knew it sounded bad, then why did you bother posting it?

Did Romo sits to pee do something to your family to wish something like that for him? Damn.

He does...no doubt. However, he still sometimes appears to be missing something.

I think of it like this (and forgive me for comparing our 2 young QBs as people have done in about 100 other threads)...

Campbell is a better physical QB than Brennan, no doubt. He has a better arm, better mobility, better measurables, and even played in a better conference vs. better competition in college.

However, Brennan was THE MAN at Hawaii. In crunch time, he took the offense on his shoulders and took it upon himself to make a play/win the game. Campbell, despite tougher competition, wasn't even the biggest threat on his own team. He had 2 great RBs and was probably only asked to do something clutch a handful of times at Auburn.

Now, what that translates to, I don't really know. However, I can't imagine that Campbell is more sure of himself with games on the line than Colt is given he's had less experience in those situations. Also, I would guess it's easier to "command the huddle" when you had to do it all through college and everyone was looking to you. Campbell, whether he actually deferred or not, had the option to defer to Ronnie Brown, Caddillac Williams, etc.

Anyway, just something I've been thinking about and been waiting to post in a Campbell thread since I didn't think it deserved its own!

good points.

Does Campbell want it? Can he will his way to a win???

But has anyone from any other team actually came out and said

"ah he sucks and the team will never win with him."?

No one will ever say that. If I were the Skins, I'd try to make a trade for Boldin. I'm not a fan of JC's, but it would help to have a legitimate #1 reciever.

Good question. He's been developing for 5 years. Maybe 10 more years when he is 37 or 38 he will be a finished product.

This season will be his final indicator IMO.

If he plays great... he stays...

Plays bad... he's gone...

no more learning curve after this season.

But has anyone from any other team actually came out and said

"ah he sucks and the team will never win with him."?

tuck pretty much said this about Romo sits to pee with his plea the fifth. i saw it on tv and u could see it in his face, he then retracted and said "he is a good qb, but he can't win the big game" would put a bunch of qbs ahead of him

I think your analysis of the 2 QBs here is right on and brilliant. Hopefully Campbell plays really well this season and the Skins do great, etc......but if he doesn't Dan Snyder/Jim Zorn could be sitting on the second coming of Joe Theisman and not even know it....

i think the FO, Jason and the entire team believes this. This is his last shot. This teams success rests on his performance. No one wants to restart with another qb, unless miraculously colt is the 2nd coming of tom brady

I think alot of people have been coming up with alot of amorphous reasons to dislike Campbell and i all started when the Cutler talks began. Was everyone at the middle of this season saying Jason is the problem? Hell no. He was an MVP candidate through the first 8 weeks of the season!

Then he starts getting sacked and slammed all over the place when our decrepid offensive line starts breaking down and still the entire redskins world wasn't calling for campbell's head. Every game we were saying "our line is awful!" You watched that Pittsburgh game, the baltimore game (Geisinger out on an island against Suggs :doh:) the second dallas game, both Giants games. That line was getting eaten alive and everyone saw it. Snyderatto starts looking at Cutler and we all start saying it was Jason failing in the clutch? WHEN? Tell me when last year, he fell apart in the clutch or lost control of the huddle?

If I remember correctly, Portis was on the radio calling his coach a "genius". Cambpell was saying all the right things while getting knocked on his ass every play before he even got out of his drop.

His recievers? Anyone? anyone? Bueller? Bueller? . .. . hey were awful. Everyone was dissappointed to watch Deshaun Jackson torching people and running back punts for Tds every week while the guys we picked above him weren't smart enough to beat out thrash and randle el. 2 Yard punt returns after 10 minutes of dance moves. No separation from the secondary except Moss for a while. When they rolled the coverage to moss, packed th box against a terrible o-line, we fell apart. Samuels goes down, its just over!

Coincidentally, at the same time that Campbell apparrently suddenly couldn't play QB anymore, our diva running back went from 125 yards a game to 25 yards a game.

Then snyderatto, falls in love with sanchez and it intensifies. "he can't control the huddle", "he isn't a vocal leader" and a bunch of other things that you literally can't prove. Its just a vague complaint about the guy. What I saw was a guy who was working out with his team the day his idiot owner was shopping for his replacement and then saying he would handle it professionally regardless and did!

How we don't owe this guy his contract year is absolutely unbelievable to me. His second year in the same system since he got to washington! He deserves this year. He also deserves a right tackle.

Do you think he will choose to stay if he does play great?

I can see him wanting to test free agency...

I really hope JC shows up big this year and can maintain a high level of play.
Ditto.

Everything that I do during the day I am hoping that Campbell is actually watching film at that exact moment, and that Zorn is sitting right there next to him pointing out what he did wrong.:)

That's an easy answer. Too black and white. What if he plays well, but not great. I think we can all agree if he looks like Shane Matthews, he's gone, and if he looks like Tom Brady he stays.

More than likely though, he will be somewhere in between. And then what?

I'm sure leading his team to an undefeated season during his senior year and getting the MVP Award at the 2005 Sugar Bowl versus VaTech in a 16-13 win didn't give JC any confidence in clutch situations.

Archived