Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike & Mike: Justin Tuck on Jason Campbell

SkinsTerps26

You just named one. Tom Brady was great BEFORE the Patriots line was considered anything other than mediocre.

So Tom Brady invalidates my point? He is ONE out of how many? Oh by the way his OL has been pretty damn good since 05'...

As for Cassel, he was sacked a ton this year and threw for a ton of yards also.

:hysterical: Matt Cassell? He's a great QB? Since when did ONE okay season make you a great QB? A ton of yards? I guess JC threw for a ton of yards too, he only threw for 400 more yards...3600+ to 3200+...

The thing I find amusing is all of your points have been demolished dozens of times before, yet your side keeps introducing something like it's fresh out of the Ark of the Covenant. Seriously, our faces aren't melting, we're not exploding and no one is swayed by your magic anymore. Our faces are turned away.

1.) My side? I'm not on any side smart guy...I'm not defending JC's play he shares equal part's of the blame with Coach Zorn, Coach Smith(OC), the WR's, RB's, and OL...My point is that the truly great QB's over time have had great to elite OL's over that same time frame...

2.) Provide examples please...The ones you've given certainly don't demolish my point...

Denver's O-line in the 80s wasn't 'great' either when they were going to all those SBs

BOTH teams in the Super Bowl had mediocre O-lines.

Should we keep going?

You're right! Denver's OL wasn't great or even good...Funny, they didn't win any of those Super Bowls did they? They certainly did when the OL was elite in 97' and 98'...

You're right again! Both teams in this year's Super Bowl had mediocre lines...So since you started talking about Super Bowls, in 43 Super Bowls and out of 86 teams you've cherry picked THREE teams...

Please keep going!

But if you don't have a durable o-line with 5 starting caliber players in front of you, you can't excel. Tom Brady has had more time to throw the ball than probably every single QB in the league for his entire career. .

Brady made time. To say that Greg Robinson-Randall, a guy who was out of the league fast and was terrible and started on that first SB team was 'starting caliber' is a joke.

Some of you guys keep opening your mouth about offensive lines but you keep demonstrating your ignorance. The Patriots offensive line was not anything other than mediocre for their first two SBs.

By bringing up the Giants game, you neglect that Brady led them to a game-winning drive that the defense then proceeded to give away (and not enough time left when he got the ball back.) I mean, some of you really think it's insightful to mention ONE game where even Brady's use of the pocket and quick decisions didn't matter as much and you think it's evidence that he has had a great offensive line or that even the sometimes mediocre Eagles line is somehow (or the Cowboys...look how bad they are without Romo sits to pee taking snaps) all-time.

Offensive lines these days are not 1991 Skins. Hell, the VIkings are regarded as pretty good but they can't make crap QBs look great or even really good.

So now what?

who gives a rats ass what skinsFTW thinks?

Good question.

But Justin Tuck's Giants hasn't dominated SkinsFTW in 4 of 4 NYG/WASH games so it's slightly less relevant.

He probably doesn't want the only Redskins QB to beat the Giants since 2005 getting another chance.

Archived