Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike & Mike: Justin Tuck on Jason Campbell

SkinsTerps26

How we don't owe this guy his contract year is absolutely unbelievable to me. His second year in the same system since he got to washington! He deserves this year. He also deserves a right tackle.

Obviously you have a revisionist history point of view.

Year 1: Gibbs Offense

Year 2/3: Saunders/Gibbs Offense

Year 4: Zorn WCO

This is Candles second time in the same offense. He was average the first time and most likely will be average this time around.

Make or break year for Campbell. I feel like I've said that over 100 times this offseason, which is why I'm dying for regular season to get here!

Completely agree. I hope he gets through it uninjured so we have an uninterrupted view and we have full closure on the issue of whether he can or whether he can't.

Either way, though, he needs to have a good year to remain in Washington.

Completely agree. I hope he gets through it uninjured so we have an uninterrupted view and we have full closure on the issue of whether he can or whether he can't.

Either way, though, he needs to have a good year to remain in Washington.

True because of his contract. I can't see him regressing, but I wonder what in the world is going to happen if he doesn't improve all that much and we go 9-7 and miss the playoffs while he throws in the neighborhood of 16 tds/ 9 ints and gets sacked 50 times.

I assume we'd let him walk but then we got no value from him and we'd be pretty screwed at QB the following season.

Plus we wouldn't try and rebuild, we'd try and patch things together again to squeak out another win and get to the playoffs next year.

We desperately need Campbell to take us to the playoffs, and we desperately need to have patience with Jim Zorn even if we miss the post-season.

Good question. He's been developing for 5 years. Maybe 10 more years when he is 37 or 38 he will be a finished product.

5 years and 20 playbooks...

I don't know of anyone that's perfected their craft in one year's time, only to have everything changed the very next year...and so on and so on.

Danny Wuerffel was "the man" at a better school, in a better conference, etc., etc., etc. Ditto Rick Mirer. So what?

Campbell continues to have questions about what he's capable of doing as the starting QB, and rightfully so, but to point to Brennan as somehow having a better chance to excel seems ridiculous.

Colt Brennan is a lottery ticket. Maybe he'll pay off, but odds are he won't.

No, they were QBs with ridiculous talent around them (much like Campbell). Granted, they were bigger college heroes than JC was, but they weren't the only big name on a team like Brennan.

I agree that Brennan is not necessarily the answer, but as you can see in my post, I'm merely proposing that maybe having to shoulder the offense gives a QB a better chance at attaining that elite status. No where do I say that we should pull the plug on Campbell and start Colt.

5 years and 20 playbooks...

I don't know of anyone that's perfected their craft in one year's time, only to have everything changed the very next year...and so on and so on.

5 years and 3 play books. This is his second time in the same playbook. Same result will occur, marginally better than the prior year.

I assume we'd let him walk but then we got no value from him and we'd be pretty screwed at QB the following season.

We'd be screwed unless Colt's potential is at least as good as Jason's.

Plus we wouldn't try and rebuild, we'd try and patch things together again to squeak out another win and get to the playoffs next year.

Dan's win-now goal is unlikely to change no matter what happens.

I know this sounds really bad but...Why couldn't Romo sits to pee been at that Rookie Mini Camp....

I know I know heartless right ....but somewhere deep down I would have liked to see Romo sits to pee buried under one of those lights...kinda like the wicked witch under that house in OZ....I kid I kid...

I completely disagree. I enjoy Romo sits to pee throwing the ball to us.

I'm sure picking out one game doesn't disprove my point. I watched that game from start to finish and he made a couple of very nice plays.

However, to say he "led" Auburn to an undefeated season is a bit of a stretch. Additionally, it has nothing to do with the point I was attempting to make: Colt Brennan carried an offense and a team. Therefore, any success or failure was mostly attributed to him. That has never happened to Campbell.

I just think that can breed the intangibles that some people look for in a starting QB.

I wasn't meaning to bash Jason, so the defenders can stop being so sensitive.

colt carried an offense, but against what competition?

Look I like Brennan, but he's simply not ready to be a starter. His mechanics and side arm delivery are concerns. Plus he's only shown anything against 3rd and 4th string talent in the NFL.

How interesting you dismiss the statement of Campbell leading Auburn. I guess the quarterback is not the leader of the offense? And those running backs Auburn had that were so superior? Where are they now? I don't see them as all pro backs in the NFL.

I am not completely sold on Jason, but Colt's got a long way to go. He's still the 3rd string quarterback. The coaching staff probably has a better feel for these guys and it's still May.

Let's see what develops.

I'm sure picking out one game doesn't disprove my point. I watched that game from start to finish and he made a couple of very nice plays.

However, to say he "led" Auburn to an undefeated season is a bit of a stretch. Additionally, it has nothing to do with the point I was attempting to make: Colt Brennan carried an offense and a team. Therefore, any success or failure was mostly attributed to him. That has never happened to Campbell.

A run and shoot offense in the Weak As Crap conference what defensive juggernauts did Brennan face there again compared to the SEC?

Georgia delivered a reality check to Colt and the rainbows didn't they?

Does anyone really expect Tuck to go onto a national radio show and tell everyone that a guy he faces twice a year is the worst qb in the league. I dont really take what he says about any players that serious. I just dont expect him to come out and say he sucks blah blah. I just dont see him being critical of Jason.

I know this sounds really bad but...Why couldn't Romo sits to pee been at that Rookie Mini Camp....

I know I know heartless right ....but somewhere deep down I would have liked to see Romo sits to pee buried under one of those lights...kinda like the wicked witch under that house in OZ....I kid I kid...

A classless and shameful "joke". I expect better than that from another Redskins fan. You disappoint your brethren sir. :mad:

A run and shoot offense in the Weak As Crap conference what defensive juggernauts did Brennan face there again compared to the SEC?

Georgia delivered a reality check to Colt and the rainbows didn't they?

I knew I shouldn't have used Colt as my example...

As I stated, this really doesn't have anything to do with Colt. It's more important to focus on a QB that has been asked to carry a team vs. a QB that was a cog in a bigger machine.

When push comes to shove, I think the QB that has been responsible for more wins and losses and not just a guy along for the ride is more ready to play in the NFL and lead a team.

A classless and shameful "joke". I expect better than that from another Redskins fan. You disappoint your brethren sir. :mad:

I agree. The man who was hurt in the collapse is going to be paralyzed. This is people's lives we are talking about not some stupid ass game. I would never pull for a player to get hurt on the field, much less paralyzed in a freak accident.

What dcgreenhulk posted was both childish and shameful and reflects very poorly on Redskins fans as a whole.

Come on!!! You sound like an idiot Eagles fan. Remember all the dumb crap people said after ST was killed? Your comment ranks in the same category.:doh:

He does...no doubt. However, he still sometimes appears to be missing something.

It's called an Oline. The Oline is more important than the QB for an offense. If you have a poor Oline you have a poor offense. That is what we are missing. I am not complaining about our draft picks however, we took the best buys in the board and didn't try to reach. We got needs, we had a lot of needs going into the draft.

How long will Jason be "developing"???

Has he hit his ceiling yet? This year will tell...

The reason why he is still developing is because he hasn't had two back-to-back years in the same offensive scheme since, well, ever!!! He was switching offenses in college, then came to Washington and hasn't had a back-to-back season with the same offense until now. How do you expect a QB to develop into something great with that going on? I would say he has done pretty good given the situation.

Look at it this way, lets say at your work your boss changed every week during a "project." You had this "project" you were working on and every week your new boss would take it in a new direction. Every time the boss would change you had to change everything about the "project." All the while, everyone in the office was talking about the new, young kid just out of college and why isn't he the one working on this project? Would you want to be fired because you couldn't keep up with the changes?

Yeah, if he leaves here he may never be a starting QB on another team. But you have to look at why that is, I would have much confidence in myself if every year I had to completely forget everything I learned the year before and start from scratch.

:logo:

Archived