Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why Don't some of you like Portis and Cooley? (M.E.T.)

gatorskin77

I'll admit, sometimes I get pissed when Portis does idiotic stuff like stick up for Mike Vick, but he's the epitome of tough and he plays hard every down.

I'm not attacking you bgreg,but I wanted to speak on the bolded print.

CP's opinon is just that, HIS opinon. It's not like the rest of us don't do or say idiotic things either.It's just not maganified to the degree it is with C.P being an celebrity. I don't have to agree with everything he says, or does.But I do respect his right as a human being to be entitled to his views.

People may not like C.P forthrightness, but hey that's who he is. He's not a cancer,or T.O Lite or any of the other foolish things I've heard "Redskins fan" say. He's brutually honest.

People love Cooley ... and more people dislike Portis than they should. The guy put the whole squad on his back, not once but twice, and carried them to the playoffs, yet somehow they still find ways to dislike him.

Exactly. I love CP and I haven't heard anything about anyone hating him. I would like to get another RB to develop because I'm worried about him making it through the entire year. And we saw what happened last year when we had RB troubles (Shawn Alexander). And anyone who doesn't like Cooley is absolutely nuts.:silly:

Exactly. I love CP and I haven't heard anything about anyone hating him. I would like to get another RB to develop because I'm worried about him making it through the entire year. And we saw what happened last year when we had RB troubles (Shawn Alexander). And anyone who doesn't like Cooley is absolutely nuts.:silly:

You weren't reading a single article in the Post for the last two months of the season, then.

And PM McD5. He'll help you out.

Realistic assesment.

Portis has had injury breakdowns the past two seasons, probably due to all the lower body bulk he added.

Cooley drops too many passes and doesnt have the speed to get open consistently

With that said they are both studs and true redskins and I want them on this team for years to come because they have that competitive desire.

They are two of the three offensive weapons that we have currently, and as soon as any of them are gone there is nobody to step up

hail

People don't dislike portis, they dislike the contract.

:)

How much does a franchise back suppose to make, how much does somebody that will be moving to the top 20 all time leading rushers next year suppose to make?

Just because you would be OK with a guy being included in a trade doesn't mean you don't like somebody.

I LOVE what both Portis and Cooley do on the field and I think Cooley is the most down to earth, cool professional athlete I've ever followed. However, if either one of them were included in a trade that was actually beneficial to us where we no doubt get the better end of it, I would support it. It's obviously a case by case basis, but a team can't keep a guy around just because the fans like them. I love the team more than any single player so I will support any move that would make the franchise better overall.

I'm not anti either and like a lot in this post I haven't heard much bad mouthing of Cooley. In fact, he's a favorite son most of the time. If there's a problem with Portis it has to do with his mouth. My biggest complaint is his Allen Iversonesque attitudes towards practice and preseason games. When he's playing, especially when he's blocking, he's great and seems to be a great team mate that everyone loves. When he's not playing... he sometimes has foot in mouth syndrome... whether it's about practice or bad mouthing his o-line (even if it's true) or other stuff.

I will not say I dont like him, We need a homerun guy that can take it to the house. All nfl team got a fast ass RB that can take it to house

Example

Cowboys - Felix Jones

Eagles - LeSean McCoy and Westbrook

Giants - Ward

Pitt - Parker

Jets - Leon Washington

Carolina - DeAngelo Williams

Redskins - ????????????

Please dont say CP or Betts is a treat to take it to house. Last time CP score over 50 yard TD was first carry

Archived