Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP - Boswell on the Skins.

MarkMissoula

It was a smokescreen all along and do you know how I know cause Jason Campbell wasn't watching the draft. The reason I know that is because I saw him at work shopping with his insanely hot girlfriend. His contract extension will come during the middle a probowl season.

Vinnie/Danny have irritated just about everybody they have come into contact with. I don't think Jason Campbell has to feel like a lone outcast. But at the same time all this should make him stronger and give him more incentive to perform.

The fact is that all he has to do is perform better and throw 20 TD passes, the Skins get to the playoffs, win the division, and I promise you that Vinnie/Danny will be his biggest fans and will prove it with a huge long term contract.

The day before the draft, NFL sources said Campbell's agent, Joel Segal, said that if the Redskins drafted Sanchez, Campbell would make a get-out-of-town request.

This sentence cracked me up. NFL Sources said that Campbells' agent said...

Come on. We're now using sources to quote an agent? My guess is that Boswell could have just called the damn agent and gotten the quote, unless he was lazy or made it up.

And while I think that JC has been completely professional about this whole thing, if the team thinks that there's a player better than you out there, they're going to go after them. The deal is that you have to win the job, keep the job, and not give the team a reason to go in a different direction. Which JC hasn't done yet.

One possible way to get treated better is to play better? Odd thought huh?

It's a business. If you don't perform, then you don't play. Period.

If people want JC to be treated better, then he should start making quicker decisions and throwing down field.

Shame of all this? JC is one of the classiest guys you could have on an NFL team. He's such a good guy. He just isn't a starting QB in the NFL.

I like JC's game and understand the entire offense system thought around why he has struggled, and o line issues...HOWEVER, he needs to step up and be a leader, which is my guess why they were shopping him. He showed very little in the back half of the season, nothing to say even against a poor defense (say Seattle, Cinncy, Cleveland, or SF) that he was a leader and this team should trust him. He needs to prove the HO wrong, his HC right, and give the fans a little confidence in him by becoming a leader.

Boswell is a really good writer and he has been around for a long time. It was a good article. I like the fact that he said JC is finding out about the front office what the fans have known for a long time. They are unpredictable and they are not good talent evaluators but we have no choice- they are who we thought they are. Other teams intervened today because if they had not we would have got Sanchez. I agree with Boswell that they right pick on defense still helps this team in the long run. I just hope Zorn will be around to be the Coach when we get to the playoffs. Today from the online press conference I saw, Zorn looked like he had aged a lot. There is a ton of pressure being the Coach of the Washington Redskins, especially when you have the FO that we have. They are always looking to replace people. This is the business model that the Danny has followed his entire life- average people are expendable. But Return on Investment- ROI is ...priceless. So I am sure he asked an employee at Redskins Park today- How much money did we make selling jerseys etc. online and at the stores today?

If he would stick to marketing issues only that would be preferable but he wants to be like Jerry Jones and beat Jones as being the more successful G.M.

it's a stupid article...JC hasn't done enough or isn't consistent enough to warrant a contract extension or the job security...this is the nfl, millions of dollars are given to these players to perform and he hasn't performed, which is why the team was looking to get better at that position...he's talking about the skins should just groom their young QB, dude is entering his 5th season and he's 27 or 28 and the team and fans still don't know if he can be a franchise QB

i'm just so tired of these stupid articles/reports claiming that JC should have his job guaranteed and such just because he's a class act...tired of all the people using the 1st half of the season stats to back support for JC, 8 games isn't a complete season and you don't get anywhere just by performing for half the season and tanking the other half...QB is a weak spot and in order for the team to be able to contend on a yearly basis in this league, you have to have good QB play

I actually think all this will be good for Campbell. It's obviously poked at his pride and now he'll stand up and show us how hard he can work. I think it's like bringing in competition without bringing in competition.

If his feeling get hurt he can call up Boswell and they can cry together. Maybe they'll make a group and Sellars can join too when he finds out he's not going to be making more than the 1 mil a year he's already getting.

I also love that people keep saying the front office is bad at evaluating players while trying to defend JC. So, if our front office is bad at player evaluations, and our front office picked JC, and no one else wants JC for a 2nd.........draw your own conclusions. I don't care that we have JC at QB, I actually like the guy, I just hope he shows that he's more .8 TDs a game this year.

I dont have the patience for that crap anymore get over it Boswell and Campbell. I'm for what gets the REDSKINS to the Superbowl , I don't care if its JC, Colt or Todd Collins, if you can't get it done step aside and let somebody else give it a shot. here's a box of tissues for those offended.

t. I bet even Jason Campbell himself doesn't give as much of a **** as Boswell is claiming we all should be...

I agree with your first part there but I think there is EVERY LIKELIHOOD that Campbell is not happy about what's happened at all. He keeps saying he's a good QB but he's not. That's the problem. You can say "I'm working on getting better and I know I'll get it." BUt he seems more worried about the perception that he's a bad QB. Thing is, he isn't a good QB and the perception is that he is a game manager AT BEST.

I think he has a weird mentality regarding competition and his place in the league. I would like nothing more for him to be supplanted by the Natural Born Quarterback with the funky throwing motion.

I also don't trust Jason to not come falling back to Earth if he does well this year. Why? Well, he'll have to show it's fUNDAMENTALLY different. His passes must be accurate and in stride and before the break. His deep passes must be on time and on target and with air under them. his windup must be cut down a bit.

I don't want to hear Sonny ragging on him on the radio. If he merely gets CARRIED by a Ravens-like defense to the playoffs, I would NOT be looking at extending him.

Nothing better for Jason than to know his job isn't safe. It may actually help him take the next step to 'slightly above average QB' because right now he's not even that.

I agree with your first part there but I think there is EVERY LIKELIHOOD that Campbell is not happy about what's happened at all.

Like I said, Campbell probably doesn't give as "MUCH" of a **** as Boswell is saying we all should be...not that Campbell doesn't give a **** at all.

Boswell says that all the gains the Skins have made this offseason adressing the Oline aand Dline should take a back seat to how the FO handled the Cutler and Sanchez interest. I find it EXTREMELY hard to believe Campbell would say that as well.

OK, I agree with that.

And they can credibly argue that while they expressed interest in Cutler and Sanchez, the prices paid (not much actually in either case, if you really believe the guy is an Elway-type) and the fact they rejected them show that they think they can still win with Jason if he just busts through this ceiling of his.

But yes, I don't think Campbell is like "no, make this about me and their poor talent evaluation---Orakpo sucks being my implication! F Orakpo, it's about me and how I'm a victim here." No. lol

Like I said, Campbell probably doesn't give as "MUCH" of a **** as Boswell is saying we all should be...not that Campbell doesn't give a **** at all.

Boswell says that all the gains the Skins have made this offseason adressing the Oline aand Dline should take a back seat to how the FO handled the Cutler and Sanchez interest. I find it EXTREMELY hard to believe Campbell would say that as well.

Read the first couple lines than closed it out, enough is enough all ready, So tired of the whining, the news writers here are such babys that think everybody should be coddled knowing full well the NFL is a business and these guys are adults (Campbell) but they treat them with kid gloves " Oh my god this poor child is tramautised now" Laughable, and he's getting paid millions to boot, no sympathy here~ one word: PRODUCE

Archived