Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

People from PFT think that the Skins might be bluffing about wanting Sanchez

Gibbsisgod2006

One thing that has struck me as odd is that of the gazillion articles that have been writen about how much the Skins are in love with Sanchez, they all have one thing in common; they all refer to the Washington Post and JLC's "league source". Now, to me knowledge, not one other NFL insider, not from NFL.com, ESPN or any other insiders, has a league source that has hinted at the Skins interest in Sanchez. I'm pretty sure the Kiper and Mayock and all those guys have a few sources. And i'm pretty sure that the Redskins trading up to get Sanchez would be something they'd want to confirm with their sources. But they al only mention JLC's sources.

One thing that has struck me as odd is that of the gazillion articles that have been writen about how much the Skins are in love with Sanchez, they all have one thing in common; they all refer to the Washington Post and JLC's "league source". Now, to me knowledge, not one other NFL insider, not from NFL.com, ESPN or any other insiders, has a league source that has hinted at the Skins interest in Sanchez. I'm pretty sure the Kiper and Mayock and all those guys have a few sources. And i'm pretty sure that the Redskins trading up to get Sanchez would be something they'd want to confirm with their sources. But they al only mention JLC's sources.

I agree. I'm not saying this is definitely smoke, but people are acting like the news is always right. JLC reported that we weren't going to be big players in FA because of the impending (annual) salary cap doom. What happenned, we signed Big Al and kept Hall, then signed Dockery. The media reported that the Eagles wanted to trade up in the draft, this week they trade their picks to the Bills. Everyone at the front of the draft is now interested in Sanchez, so if the media is right, you're going to have to trade up to #2 or #3 to get Sanchez.

We might end up trading up for Sanchez or for Orakpo because he also stopped by this week, even after Sanchez came, but we must not have been as interested in him because JLC didn't report what he ate while he was visiting. If Andre Smith comes to town goodness knows we're going to be interested in him because he'll order more than Sanchez for dinner! This is just stupid.

Anyone that comes to visit is probably going to bring his agent and is probably going to have lunch or dinner and is probably going to be told about scenarios where we would draft them, and is probably going to have more fun here than anywhere else because we're like a ******** CARNIVAL!

Okay, I need to go on a walk.

I don't want to hear people like Wilbon or whomever sing the "poor Jason Campbell" tune. Just like Portis stated this is a competition and if you can't compete for you're job on the playing filed oh well. Even Joe Gibbs motto was, if a QB can't handle pressure or competition from another QB, then he's not franchise QB material. This my people was old school vintage Joe telling it like it was.

I agreed. The coaches have film on all the players and they evaluated everyone. If they feel like Campbell isn't the man, the team has too move on. Campbell shouldn't be upset. I'm tired of hearing about his confidence being shot. He is a big boy. This shouldn't bother him.

Rotoworld's take on this..

Mark Sanchez-QB- Player Apr. 20 - 1:24 pm et

"Some league insiders" believe the Redskins' sudden heavy interest in USC QB Mark Sanchez is a smokescreen, according to Profootballtalk.com.

Reports of Washington's pursuit of Sanchez come from the Washington Post and SI.com's Peter King. The Skins typically are straightforward about interest in players. We're guessing that Dan Snyder is seriously considering a move up for Sanchez. Snyder already tried to trade Jason Campbell this offseason.

Source: Profootballtalk.com

Related: Redskins

I dont know if they are bluffing, but I do HOPE that they are!

X2...I would be sick to my stomach if we drafted Sanchez. What a waste of a huge resource. It's not like we have a plethera of picks to throw around to fill other holes.

the hardest/scariest part about moving up is that no one knows what Detroit is going to do.

Detroit could switch gears and take Sanchez with the 1st pick and screw up everyons plans and then just sit there and laugh and watch.

Detroit doesn't have the luxury of taking somewhat of a project QB like Sanchez. They need the more pro-ready Stafford.

Although i can see a situation where Stafford drops, and a team moves up and picks Sanchez before him.

They both are gone before #10 either way.

cause we will move up and trade with KC.

I don't think the FO is smart enough to do a smoke screen.

plus, when do you hear of other teams doing "smoke screens."

i think its a myth.

when does this ever happen?

Agreed Snyderratto is not smart enough to put up this elaborate of a smoke screen.

the hardest/scariest part about moving up is that no one knows what Detroit is going to do.

Detroit could switch gears and take Sanchez with the 1st pick and screw up everyons plans and then just sit there and laugh and watch.

Stafford is gonna be there pick, the Fans in Detroit are very against picking him though.

There is only one way this is a "smokescreen" and that is if in fact the Redskins are looking to trade up and want teams to think it's for Sanchez but it's really for someone else and they don't want to spook a team that wants that player to jump up in front of them.

But the key is the Skins need to trade up.

I will have to give Snyder credit. His marketing skills are once again in full display. Here we have what should be a pretty mundane and "boring" draft for the Redskins where they fill an obvious need at 13 with an offensive lineman or linebacker or perhaps (be still my heart) a defensive end.

Instead we have drama. "What are the Redskins going to do?" "Snyder is one of the keys to how this draft is going to fall"

All makes for everyone waiting to see just what happens on Saturday. Even those that say with false confidence that "there's no way the Skins can trade up to get Sanchez", will be sitting there on Saturday wondering "Will he do it?"

Bravo Danny.

You still have no clue on how to build a team, but in terms of building drama......you have no equal.

Just heard from a friend that (and I quote) "Mike Francesa says skins to trade up to #2 or #3 to get sanchez" - Please say it ain't so!

he actually said that on his tv show "mike'd up" last night.

he also called the skins' front office a "ship of fools"

Since when is doing Due Dilligence considered a smoke screen?

Bottom line...our front office is looking at potential players who "MIGHT" be there at #13. We don't have a good QB now and to think we do is just silly. If we had a QB worth a damn we would have been able to trade him for at least a second rounder which we couldn't do. Jason Campbell is considered worse then that bum from Chicago. Jason Campbell sucks. Seriously people what part of "every team needs a good QB" is so freaking hard to understand? We don't have a good or great QB on the team now so we should be grading the 1 or 2 best coming out this year. Why is that a bad thing?

Jason Campbell's average and the only people hoping we don't go get Sanchez making up excuses for his average play. If Sanchez is on the board at 13 I hope to hell we are smart enough to go get him. If he's gone by then I hope we draft the best Offensive Lineman on the board for the next guy who plays QB for us. It won't be Jason Campbell. I swear some of you fans are so mental you actually think losing is winning. Who really gives a damn what Jason Campbell thinks or how he feels? He's gone after this season anyway. Get a clue. If Sanchez is there we should draft him. If he's not oh freaking well. That will mean we are in the same position we are in right now next year, middle of the draft looking for a QB next year.

But the key is the Skins need to trade up.

Who do we have to dangle to trade up? Jason Campbell? Hahahah. Unless we were dumb enough to pull a Ditka and give away our entire 2010 draft we don't have enough to move up to 2 or 3. We won't trade with Seattle, we aren't that stupid. This trading up crap is just crap

I will have to give Snyder credit. His marketing skills are once again in full display. Here we have what should be a pretty mundane and "boring" draft for the Redskins where they fill an obvious need at 13 with an offensive lineman or linebacker or perhaps (be still my heart) a defensive end.

If we draft a linebacker at 13 we deserve to suck. Hell no to a linebacker. That's the same retarded thinking that had us drafting DB's for years in a row. I love Sean Taylor but no way we should have drafted Landry and Rogers after that pick. We should have been addressing needs of the team that actually could result in wins, not loses like QB or WR or Offensive Linemen. Leave the corners and the linebackers for someone else. They are difference makers on a team with good offenses. We have a horrible offense outside of Portis. We need a QB and Linemen much much more.

Bravo Danny.

You still have no clue on how to build a team, but in terms of building drama......you have no equal.

Good point, no wonder we are the second most valuable team in the league. We can't win but we can sure make stuff interesting....

Who knows, i think its real, why would they take him out to dinner...well see in a few days.

I can only hope and pray that it's a bluff. The Skins (and almost all of the other NFL teams) alway take a player or two out to dinner each draft time.

Archived