Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dave Grohl vs Kurt Cobain

Mickalino

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Grohl. He can drum, play guitar, and sing.

Plus, I like the Foos more than Nirvana :movefast:

Agreed. I don't think Cobain could come to close with all that Grohl has accomplished.

To me Nirvana was always a quick hit that only really lasted because of how Cobain died not their actual music.

Agreed. I don't think Cobain could come to close with all that Grohl has accomplished.

To me Nirvana was always a quick hit that only really lasted because of how Cobain died not their actual music.

spot on. cobain was a decent songwriter, but no where near some of the hype he gets. grohl can write songs and can play an instrument decently enough.

Grohl has evolved since Cobain's death. Don't you think, if Cobain was still alive, Cobain would have progressed some too?

Certainly possible. But since he didnt, we're left with radio stations playing average rock songs ad nauseum because he's now seen as some sort of musical genius. Also, there wasnt a whole lot of decent music being made in the early 90s to compare it to.

Give me Soundgarden over Nirvana any day of the week.

foo fighters is "safe" rock. They are doing nothing new... Nirvana came out in the 80's and basically invented a genre of music

ummmmm. no. They just became the first to get it into the mass market based on ONE, albeit great, song.

foo fighters is "safe" rock. They are doing nothing new... Nirvana came out in the 80's and basically invented a genre of music
Fair enough...OTOH, Everlong is a classic and "safe rock" is fine.

Grohl, no question. He can sing better than Cobain could, he can drum, which I don't believe Cobain could do, and I'm not sure that Cobain was much of a guitar player either.

And whether rock is safe or not, who cares? Foo Fighters make good music. Everlong, Learn to Fly, etc...plenty of good songs.

Nirvana was an alright band, but I rarely listen to them anymore.

Everlong seems like the only song ever mentioned along with Foo, yet, they have so many songs equal to, or better than Everlong, IMO
"My Hero" is good, "All My Life" and "Monkey Wrench" rock, but IMO Everlong is a CLASSIC.
Gotta be Grohl.

He's a composer.

Cobain is decomposed.

lol.gif:doh:lol.gif

True, but Grohl was part of that invention. It's hard to tell how much of Nirvana was Grohl and how much of it was Cobain. With the success that Grohl has had I'd guess he was a big part of that invention, don't you think?

Besides, the front man always get's the credit for success. Hence Cobains hype.

Grohl easily. He is a musician, and he is much more accomplished then I think Cobain ever would have been. Nirvana's first album, while great was what I believe to be little more than a flash in the pan. The album has not aged well, and sounds dated.

Now Pearl Jam: Ten on the other hand. :point2sky

Grohl easily. He is a musician, and he is much more accomplished then I think Cobain ever would have been. Nirvana's first album, while great was what I believe to be little more than a flash in the pan. The album has not aged well, and sounds dated.

Now Pearl Jam: Ten on the other hand. :point2sky

Don't you mean Nirvana's SECOND album? There first major album, Bleach, was before Dave Grohl was part of the band.

Don't you mean Nirvana's SECOND album? There first major album, Bleach, was before Dave Grohl was part of the band.

Technically, yes I meant their 2nd album. Bleach was released nationally after Nevermind started selling if I remember. The record company's attempt to cash in on the flavor of the month.

Lets not forget Grohl had the courage to deal with whatever problems he had. And is enjoying a successful career because of it.

I'm sorry but I am sick of glorifying people who kill themselves, its a selfish, spineless, and immature way to solve your problems.

Lets not forget Grohl had the courage to deal with whatever problems he had. And is enjoying a successful career because of it.

I'm sorry but I am sick of glorifying people who kill themselves, its a selfish, spineless, and immature way to solve your problems.

I don't think that anyone "glorifies" what happened to Kurt... :doh:

Archived