Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll, who would you most like to have at QB?

redskins fan for life

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Brennan will be our starter next year most likely.

I just posted this in the cult of colt thread simply because it may be ridiculous but just a thought.

Does anyone think we have a trade partner for Campbell and are hoping on Brennan to be our guy? We are brining in Leftwich because hes a younger, better option than Collins in case this doesnt work out? Yeah it may seem crazy but Leftwich makes no sense to me. If Campbell is not cut out for the WCO...Byron surely is not!

It's amazing the number of fans that are in love with our THIRD STRING QB! It's embarrassing how clueless of a fan base we have. If Brennan is our starting QB in 2009 we'd be fortunate to win 5 games.

I'm holding out judgments on Brennan until he gets some real gametime, but I definitely think he should get a shot if Campbell falters, especially if he lights it up in preseason.

But the point I want to make is that even Campbell was a 3rd string QB once, and as someone else in another thread pointed out, he put up pretty horrible numbers up against the same calibur of players that people write off Brennan for playing good against.

You never know what a QB can do until they get on the field during a real game.

It's amazing the number of fans that are in love with our THIRD STRING QB! It's embarrassing how clueless of a fan base we have. If Brennan is our starting QB in 2009 we'd be fortunate to win 5 games.

I wonder its more if the fact that we have so many Colt fans that aren’t necessarily Redskin fans or that are Redskins because of Colt?

As opposed to the 7 or 8 we get through with Jason under center?

How can anyone say what Brennan would do for certain until he's actually taken snaps in full speed, regular season games, and there's a body of work on him?

Until such time as we see that, nobody can say one way or the other that he'll either be a success or failure. To claim either is spurious in the extreme. Seriously.

One things for darn certain, if he were to play, and put up less production than what we currently get from the position, he might as well hang it up now and look at a different career.

Hail.

Absolutely. I'll take it one further, if Brennan is our starter you can choose my signature and avatar.

I can't do anything for the avatar, but I'll rig you up with a nice sig for a month.:D Come day 1 of the 2009 season, Colt Brennan will be the starting QB.

Paintrain

Pastha40

Who else wants some?

Well, this poll seems a little off. Cutler's option should be "Jay Cutler (minus half our draft)" since the other guys are already on the roster or available in free agency. But it looks like most people took that into account in their voting anyway.

What's interesting but not surprising is the amount of support for Brennan. The backup QB is always the most popular player on the team, even when we have absolutely no evidence to support an opinion on him one way or the other beyond Zorn telling us he isn't ready yet.

I wonder its more if the fact that we have so many Colt fans that aren’t necessarily Redskin fans or that are Redskins because of Colt?

Now don't go hitting below the belt. I have been a skins fan since birth. It didn't take much of seeing him to realize what kind of talent he is.

Now don't go hitting below the belt. I have been a skins fan since birth. It didn't take much of seeing him to realize what kind of talent he is.

Exactly. I need to go to my parents and find the picture of myself wearing my John Riggins jersey from when I was 4....

I agree. Brennan was the 10th qb takin that year; obviously he was passed for many times for a reason. Yes he broke a $hitload of ncaa records but so did his predecessor Timmy Chang. Chang never played a down in the NFL and now is in the CFL. They are both products of the system and a poor atheltic conference.

Also, if management was seeking Cutler that pretty much says they'd rather have cutler as the starter than any of the qb's on the roster.

If you brennan fans saw the sugar bowl Hawaii v Georgia you might think twice before annointing this kid as the next Tom Brady.:logo:

Archived