SMOSS89

Sign Plaxico Burress?  

440 members have voted

1. 1. Sign Plaxico Burress?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • Hi there. :)

"Campbell said he was pleased by having an opportunity to express himself and he said everyone at the meeting spoke candidly about the events of the past few days. "I would say it was a very successful meeting because everyone expressed themselves in loud angry tones and made it clear what my insane employers wanted to try to accomplish, which was to alienate me and my teammates with this wack trade proposal, and alienate anyone who wanted it to happen by failing to get it done," Campbell said. "We talked for a long time about everything that had happened and the thing I felt the best about, besides tripping Vinny on the stairs when nobody was looking, was that I got a chance to talk about what I'm trying to do, which is just get ready for the season and try to help this team get to that higher level despite the meddling of a crackpot owner. Coach Zorn and [snyderatto] all let me know how they feel about things right this second, although they did say that could change at the drop of a Plaxico, er, hat, and that's why I'd say it was real successful because now it's just about moving forward and trying to win or buy a championship before I sign a huge honkin' free agent contract next year, somewhere else. I'm going to be in this totally predictable offense for my second year, Coach Zorn has learned a lot about what not to do by watching the owner and his lap dog, different stuff that can help us be more successful if we decide to take the two of them out once and for all, and I just think it was real positive today, for a change, which was nice considering Monday will probably bring the start of a whole new production of Cirque De Vin-nay."

Fixed to read between the lines. ;)

Jason comes across like Zorn had a lot to do with the melt down. Quote, Zorn has learned a lot!!! Was Zorn honest with him when he said he had his back, While there trying to wedge Cutler in here? What's going on here?

I believe he was referring to Zorn learning to make himself better as a coach.

Wow I think this was a very classy statement made by Campbell in the midst of the trade rumors

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

While Snyder and Cerrato signaled to everybody that they didn't think Campbell was good enough for them, you know what he did? "I still went and worked out," he said. "My teammates said, 'Jason, why are you here?' And I told them: 'I'm still the quarterback of this team until they get rid of me. You haven't seen the best of me. I'm not here for ownership. I won't miss days working out with you, and I won't miss time preparing for the season. Who knows? A trade may not work out.' "

Wow I think this was a very classy statement made by Campbell in the midst of the trade rumors

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

While Snyder and Cerrato signaled to everybody that they didn't think Campbell was good enough for them, you know what he did? "I still went and worked out," he said. "My teammates said, 'Jason, why are you here?' And I told them: 'I'm still the quarterback of this team until they get rid of me. You haven't seen the best of me. I'm not here for ownership. I won't miss days working out with you, and I won't miss time preparing for the season. Who knows? A trade may not work out.' "

and this is one reason why im behind him.. i hope he uses this experience and comes out with a fire next season

So, when Portis was pissed because he got benched for a half of football due to injury, he went on the Radio and went bananas. When JC is almost about to be shipped to another team without his input, he goes out of his way to just try and smooth everything over, handles things behind closed doors, and is the consummate pro.

I think he earned a tremendous amount of respect today, from a lot of people.

The question is now if he plays lights out this season does he come back?

I think he does. That's assuming our offer is reasonable. but I think JC genuinely likes Zorn and being a Redskin. And I'm sure if he performs this season, it's because he's gotten the hang of the system and would be very hesitant about leaving and again having to learn a new system. JMO

Wow. Look what we missed out on.

For two first round draft choices and our 16-20 JC, the Skins could have had a 17-20 JC!

For two first round draft choices and our 84 rated JC, the Skins could have had an 86 rated JC.

Vinny and Dan, I take my hat off to you. I used to think Larry, Moe and Curly were the best clowns ever! But they were morticians compared to the laughs you create among fans across the nation. I can't wait to see what you do next.

Maybe you'll pick a third baseman at #13, Vinny! You're killing me. Give me the old "Nyuk! Nyuk! Nyuk!" Danny boy.

:laugh::rotflmao:

great news...although it isnt really news. anybody that knows anything about campbell knew that he wouldnt be upset and would be able to put it behind him. He is definately a class act but i mean seriously, even if he was upset what do u think he would do?

this is his only chance to continue his nfl career and be a starter down the road.

he already knows nobody else in the league has interest in him and if he demanded a trade he would only be a backup.so lets see his choices were.....

1) be disgruntled, request trade, continue career as nfl backup.

2) put it past him, act like a class act, be the starter in the same offense for the 2nd year in a row, prove that he can be a starter in this league and get the biggest contract of his career.

im not saying #2 will happen, but if he wants that big franchise qb contract, the only place he has the chance of proving himself is here.

i still think he is a true class act but campbell is not dumb, he knows his last chance is here.

3 pages... and 100% "bash Campbell" free?

Did I miss a post? :rubeyes:

*Edit* While I wrote this Lombardi's Kid Brother chimed in with this:

Whatever. Our mediocre QB is well mannered.

Call the party store and get some goddamn balloons.

Change my 100% to 99.9999% since that wasn't necessarily bashing, but close. :)

Quote:

Campbell said he was pleased by having an opportunity to express himself and he said everyone at the meeting spoke candidly about the events of the past few days. "I would say it was a very successful meeting because everyone expressed themselves and made it clear what we want to try to accomplish," Campbell said. "We talked for a long time about everything that had happened and the thing I felt the best about was that I got a chance to talk about what I'm trying to do, which is just get ready for the season and try to help this team get to that higher level. Coach Zorn and [snyder] all let me know how they feel about things and that's why I'd say it was real successful because now it's just about moving forward and trying to win. I'm going to be in this offense for my second year, Coach Zorn has learned a lot, different stuff that can help us be more successful, and I just think it was real positive today."

Thank goodness, I just couldn't concentrate at work, somebody hand me a tissue~

It will be interesting to see what happens on draft day if Sanchez is still there at #13. I bet there will be a lost look on his face if Goodell announced, "With the #13 pick the Washington Redskins select QB, Mark Sanchez from USC.:)

It would be VERY interesting. Not only for the look on Jasons face... but the uproar all our Hawaiian brothers will come down on this board with.

Archived