SMOSS89

Sign Plaxico Burress?  

440 members have voted

1. 1. Sign Plaxico Burress?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • Hi there. :)

can you imagine if we do this....were not that stupid...wait Vinny...

Us picking Sanchez would make very little sense right now. JC is in his contract year and the QB crop coming out next year is very talented and deep. If Jason plays poorly we may very well have a pretty high draft pick and we can let him walk and pick up a QB next year. Sanchez has a lot of talent but he is very inexperienced since he has only started 16 games. He would probably need at least a year or so to sit and get used to the NFL. Throwing him into the fire as-is would probably be a disaster.

So what would we do if we drafted him and any possible scenario with JC plays out? He plays lights out...then what do we do? Extend him and do what with Sanchez? We couldn't get draft picks for JC so he could walk then we have to probably throw Sanchez in, ready or not and hope the one year watching and getting used to the NFL and the play book is enough. JC plays poorly and we let him walk...same scenario as above. JC gets traded before or after the draft...then we throw Sanchez into the fire right away? Disaster waiting to happen. We let Collins start for a year and hope Sanchez "gets it" during that one season of sitting? Maybe they'd let Colt play but Zorn has already said he doesn't think he is ready yet. It would be a mess.

It will be interesting to see what happens on draft day if Sanchez is still there at #13. I bet there will be a lost look on his face if Goodell announced, "With the #13 pick the Washington Redskins select QB, Mark Sanchez from USC.:)

I dont see that senario happening.

More like JC gets this year to prove himself, other wise we are looking at drafting a QB next year.

So, when Portis was pissed because he got benched for a half of football due to injury, he went on the Radio and went bananas. When JC is almost about to be shipped to another team without his input, he goes out of his way to just try and smooth everything over, handles things behind closed doors, and is the consummate pro.

I think he earned a tremendous amount of respect today, from a lot of people.

Portis could also walk onto a majority of NFL teams and be the starter

Jason comes across like Zorn had a lot to do with the melt down. Quote, Zorn has learned a lot!!! Was Zorn honest with him when he said he had his back, While there trying to wedge Cutler in here? What's going on here?

I took it as Zorn has learned alot about play calling. Maybe JC's politicaly correct way of saying, Hey it wasn't all me.

Whether or not you or pro or anti Campbell, you have to admire his professionalism and the fact that he is willing to move forward.

I think the fanbase really should appreciate this about him regardless and rally around him should he still play for us in 2009

Exactly what I was thinking...............

Portis could also walk onto a majority of NFL teams and be the starter

I don't know if Portis would just demand to be traded and be a big baby like Cutler though. There are a lot of good players in the league, and most of them don't ***** and whine until they're traded.

I also do not believe the team ever was all that close. It is plausible when Chicago wouldn't come up to two firsts and a third and Orton, a lesser three way deal with Cleveland involving us was the remaining top deal and the Broncos put pressure on the Bears to come up by signalling some willingness to accept it.

In the end, it is clear from the complete lack of knowledge the Bears had even called about Cutler that the Broncos were keeping us in the news to pressure them to act more aggressively to get him. In the end, I imagine that offer was substantially better than any other.

Based on what we've been hearing in articles etc. being discussed in various threads here and in 'breaking news' this afternoon and evening, seems unlikely things went down the way you propose, Art. Looks like Cutler was told he was going to Washington, thought the deal was done, and then Chicago jumped in with Orton and coughed up the firsts to match what the Skins had on the table, and the third to beat it. My guess is that even though Washington was willing to give up 2 firsts and Campbell, Cleveland probably wanted a piece of the pie to go with Campbell in order to send Quinn to Denver; maybe the 3-way deal had Denver sending a 3 back to Cleveland or something. Anyway, sounds like it was close, not a case where the offer was substantially better but instead a situation where Bowlen was determined to get a dollar for Cutler, not 99 cents.

Based on what we've been hearing in articles etc. being discussed in various threads here and in 'breaking news' this afternoon and evening, seems unlikely things went down the way you propose, Art.

I think Art's story and your story basically say the same thing but Art somehow has an unrealistic opinion that the Redskins were nothing more than a tool for Denver.

You better believe that Denver was trading Cutler yesterday, and tool or not the 5:00 deadline was coming and had Chicago not wilted to the rumors of Washington, he would be in DC today. Denver had no guarantee Chicago would come through. Cutlers agent knew he had to get a deal done ASAP and Denver ownership wanted this charade to end. From all accounts everyone wanted it to end.

However Art wants to twist it, we were minutes away from a deal. We went all in. Chicago had a better hand and took the pot.

What I'm learning through this:

First, JC is a truly classy guy. A good QB? Jury's still out. But a classy guy and a role model.

Second: a zebra doesn't change its stripes. Anyone who thinks Vinny is in charge of personnel here is sorely mistaken. As the article says,

"Several NFL sources said that Snyder, eager to finally solve the team's decades-long pursuit of a franchise quarterback, was the force behind the Redskins' efforts to acquire Cutler"

What is depressing is that this ass clown is going to run our team for as long as I live. If he hasn't changed at all in 10 years of running the team (in fact, going back to bad habits after only one year ago stating that he had "learned to be patient"), why will he change in the next 40-50 years that he will be the owner of the Washington Redskins?

I miss The Squire.

It will be interesting to see what happens on draft day if Sanchez is still there at #13. I bet there will be a lost look on his face if Goodell announced, "With the #13 pick the Washington Redskins select QB, Mark Sanchez from USC.:)

There will be a pissed off look on my face, because we will suck for the duration of Mark Sanchez's career here.

What amazes me, is how people still can't see the writing on the wall. For everyone that says that the FO considers Campbell to be the future of this franchise is sorely mistaken. This is a clear indicator that they (FO) are in the hunt and lack confidence in Campbell.

JC reminds me of Barack Obama.

He remains cool when he is under pressure.

He gets up after her gets hit (38 times) and continues to try over and over again.

He shakes off the negative comments.

He does not get distracted with pessimists and his negative gloomy environment and continues to work towards improvement.

He is humble and shows humility.

No wonder he is in the DMV...Mr. Campbell belongs in D.C. just like Obama does.

>Hail2theSkinz< ------>Hail 2 Chief Jason as well.

Archived