Sign Plaxico Burress?  

440 members have voted

1. 1. Sign Plaxico Burress?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • Hi there. :)

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

Campbell said he was pleased by having an opportunity to express himself and he said everyone at the meeting spoke candidly about the events of the past few days. "I would say it was a very successful meeting because everyone expressed themselves and made it clear what we want to try to accomplish," Campbell said. "We talked for a long time about everything that had happened and the thing I felt the best about was that I got a chance to talk about what I'm trying to do, which is just get ready for the season and try to help this team get to that higher level. Coach Zorn and [snyder] all let me know how they feel about things and that's why I'd say it was real successful because now it's just about moving forward and trying to win. I'm going to be in this offense for my second year, Coach Zorn has learned a lot, different stuff that can help us be more successful, and I just think it was real positive today."

Whether or not you or pro or anti Campbell, you have to admire his professionalism and the fact that he is willing to move forward.

I think the fanbase really should appreciate this about him regardless and rally around him should he still play for us in 2009

Whether or not you or pro or anti Campbell, you have to admire his professionalism and the fact that he is willing to move forward.

I think the fanbase really should appreciate this about him regardless and rally around him should he still play for us in 2009

I for one really hope he is successful this season. He seems to be a genuine good guy. These are the type of player you want to be the face of the franchise.

I hope they told him about Sanchez with the 13th pick.

It will be interesting to see what happens on draft day if Sanchez is still there at #13. I bet there will be a lost look on his face if Goodell announced, "With the #13 pick the Washington Redskins select QB, Mark Sanchez from USC.:)

If you look at Campbell's tenure as a Skin, his composure has been pretty solid. The only exception I would make was after the opener last year vs the Giants. This is normally the type of thing that could have a long term impact psychologically, but he's been a cool customer. Next year's offseason might be another story, but you've got to really admire his character..

I hope they told him about Sanchez with the 13th pick.

Not going to be there. Kiper believes he doesn't make it past 4. It's basically all or nothing for Campbell this season then we have to debate what to do but I hope JC surprises everyone and we give him a new deal, who knows

It will be interesting to see what happens on draft day if Sanchez is still there at #13. I bet there will be a lost look on his face if Goodell announced, "With the #13 pick the Washington Redskins select QB, Mark Sanchez from USC.:)

I know some fans would like that, but would that be the new low for the ownership? I'd have to think that at least several players besides Campbell would not appreciate that.

I agree with the sentiment expressed that Campbell has been very professional and level throughout this process. He could have reacted in a knee-jerk fashion, like many here, without thinking of the consequences of doing so. He hasn't and didn't. He came out immediately today after a meeting and put a big closure bow around it for the team. Perhaps of is own wishes or perhaps at their request.

Either way, it is something worth respecting how he's been in this.

I do not believe the team acted dumbly to explore the option of improving this spot on the team as Campbell is not yet a guy you can't live without. I also do not believe the team ever was all that close. It is plausible when Chicago wouldn't come up to two firsts and a third and Orton, a lesser three way deal with Cleveland involving us was the remaining top deal and the Broncos put pressure on the Bears to come up by signalling some willingness to accept it.

In the end, it is clear from the complete lack of knowledge the Bears had even called about Cutler that the Broncos were keeping us in the news to pressure them to act more aggressively to get him. In the end, I imagine that offer was substantially better than any other.

Also guys, next time we get debates such as these it would be smart not to over power the threads... We took part in some of this. Whether it's emailing blogs, news sites, or expressing it here, people read what we write. We should think about toning it down a little.

I agree. He's earned our respect at this point. We as fans have to support him.

Not going to be there. Kiper believes he doesn't make it past 4. It's basically all or nothing for Campbell this season then we have to debate what to do but I hope JC surprises everyone and we give him a new deal, who knows

They are all saying Sanchez fits the WCO and the Seahawks are primed for a new QB at number 4. I agree with you.

Also guys, next time we get debates such as these it would be smart not to over power the threads... We took part in some of this. Whether it's emailing blogs, news sites, or expressing it here, people read what we write. We should think about toning it down a little.

I totally agree with what you are saying, its just wishful thinking though. There is to many boneheads in here that spout off immature comments that just set threads off into poostorms...

Archived