Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Good, Old School Cruisin Music...

CRobi21

Hello everybody! Just lookin for some of your old school R&B/Soul tunes that are great to cruise to. I'm looking for stuff like I Choose You by Willie Hutch.

So what are some of you favorites?!?!

:dallasuck

Coulda put "R&B/Soul" in the title of the thread, and saved me from clicking here so I could suggest The Beach Boys. :)

I like Tom Petty-- Running down a dream.

good choice.

I guess what the OP is asking is music for the car, or on trips. I'm not a Tom Petty fan, don't even own any of his music- but I love it when his stuff comes on the radio when I'm on a long drive. For some reason it just kind of works.

My favorite music for road trips is The Doors. Their albums will take you on a journey... from 15 minute long songs that get you completely lost in trying to figure them out and make the time go buy quicker, to up-tempo and catchy music that make you step on the gas, and to things that just simply make you say WTF... it's great music for the road. I've logged an insane amount of miles to their stuff.

Here's my list:

1. "Roadrunner" -- by Jonathan Richman and the Modern Lovers ("Radio On!")

2. "Gimme Gimme Gimme" -- by Black Flag (great hardcore punk!)

3. "Wild Weekend" -- by the Rockin Rebels (nice early 60s instrumental)

4. "Lets Go For a Ride -- by the Collegians (cool late 50s doo-wop tune)

My favorite music for road trips is The Doors. Their albums will take you on a journey... from 15 minute long songs that get you completely lost in trying to figure them out and make the time go buy quicker, to up-tempo and catchy music that make you step on the gas, and to things that just simply make you say WTF... it's great music for the road. I've logged an insane amount of miles to their stuff.

Good call on the Doors of Perception, Zoony. I always have to hit up one their stuff on road trips too.

Archived