Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BR: The Six Greatest Black Quarterbacks of All Time

Thinking Skins

Aaron Brooks.

I'm just kinda mad I wasted my 7000th post on one of these. I was gonna post inside one of the threads on Tailgate so I could enjoy the number 7000 a little longer.

Aah well.

You'll always have Paris...er...Shaun King.

Does it say anything that the Ravens have had a majority of the QBs listed here?

Tony Banks

Kordell Stewart

Anthony Wright

Jeff Blake

The Cowboys too...

Tony Banks

Quincy Carter

Anthony Wright

Cunningham was amazing...id have hm 3rd. Vick was faster, more elusive, had as good of an arm, and a bigger threat to bust any given play and house it. Just a better player, if i had to pick one guy to win one game, im taking Vick.

Randall was a MUCH better passer in his prime. Vick was always erratic as a passer, very inconsistent from one game to the next.

its a joke that donovan is not on this list. hes better than vick, williams, cunningham, briscoe... just about everyone but warren moon

I think its a joke that there is even a list like this. Racism continues to exist when people continue to acknowledge that there is some sort of difference between a white and black person. Whether that difference is positive or negative in nature makes no difference. There should only be " Best QBs of all time" lists not "Best Black QBs of all time" lists. It offends me that someone even published such a thing.

EDIT: I'm sure someone will flame me for this and say something like "we should honor them for their accomplishment" or mention Obama or something. But theres a difference between acknowledging being the first of your kind to do something and continuing to acknowledge something based on skin that has been in place for years. Sorry mods if this is wrong for me to voice. I'm not trying to bring politics or tailgate talk in the stadium I just think something needed to be said.

I think its a joke that there is even a list like this. Racism continues to exist when people continue to acknowledge that there is some sort of difference between a white and black person. Whether that difference is positive or negative in nature makes no difference. There should only be " Best QBs of all time" lists not "Best Black QBs of all time" lists. It offends me that someone even published such a thing.

EDIT: I'm sure someone will flame me for this and say something like "we should honor them for their accomplishment" or mention Obama or something. But theres a difference between acknowledging being the first of your kind to do something and continuing to acknowledge something based on skin that has been in place for years. Sorry mods if this is wrong for me to voice. I'm not trying to bring politics or tailgate talk in the stadium I just think something needed to be said.

I hope this doesn't turn into a tailgate argument on race relations in the US.

At least they got the #1 right, i was lucky enough to see Moon play in my younger years at RFK, he did have one hell of a arm.

Run and shoot

Ditto and never once did I think of him as a great black QB, I thought of him as a great QB PERIOD!

So many are saying that Vick shouldnt be on that list. Hope you see these others names and tell me which one is better.
Moon. Cunningham. McNair. Like the list says.

Like I said in a previous post, if you want to talk about the 'Greatest RUNNING QBs of All Time, then maybe he is the best. But to say Vick is a better player at the QB position than any of the players in the article is sheer lunacy.

So what do you think would happen if someone put a post up that said The Six Greatest White Quarterbacks of All Time? Yes YOU already know what would happen and so do I. Until people start comparing players based on their position and not the color of their skins then you can consider racism alive and well. and right now we can thank Eric Rhody for adding onto the mess of racism.

So what do you think would happen if someone put a post up that said The Six Greatest White Quarterbacks of All Time? Yes YOU already know what would happen and so do I. Until people start comparing players based on their position and not the color of their skins then you can consider racism alive and well. and right now we can thank Eric Rhody for adding onto the mess of racism.

This is not a thread to talk race relations. I'd be happy to talk about those concepts in the Tailgate. But in the stadium, lets stick to football.

Sadly there has been ONE superlative QB who happened to be black, a few who were avereage to a bit above avereage and lots of overhyped and overrated ones.

I would be truly interested to see which factors could be taken into acct for this aside from the obvious.

Warren Moon is one of my Favourite players as he was an Eskimo for years, however the sad truth is that aside form Moon I cant name any superlative Black Quarterbacks, the ones on that "list " were barely above average (Cunningham, Mcnabb) or flat out journeymen (the rest) who may have had a day or two of greatness.

but this is a thread better left for the tailgate.

Archived