Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BR: The Six Greatest Black Quarterbacks of All Time

Thinking Skins

Are you serious? Did Trent Dilfer throw 4 TD's in his superbowl?

Williams: 18 of 29 passes for 340 yards, with four touchdown passes, and was named Super Bowl MVP. Nor was the Skins D as good as that Ravens teams' D. Skins had a vastly superior offense of course.

Dilfer: 12 completions for 153 yards and 1 TD

I'm not saying Doug was a great QB of all time or anything..but that Superbowl performance was tops..Dilfer's wasn't even close. Otherwise Doug was just an average QB, sometimes worse..but you can't take that day away on the ultimate stage, and he lit it up when it mattered most.

and he was hurt!!!!

Are you serious? Did Trent Dilfer throw 4 TD's in his superbowl?

Williams: 18 of 29 passes for 340 yards, with four touchdown passes, and was named Super Bowl MVP. Nor was the Skins D as good as that Ravens teams' D. Skins had a vastly superior offense of course.

Dilfer: 12 completions for 153 yards and 1 TD

I'm not saying Doug was a great QB of all time or anything..but that Superbowl performance was tops..Dilfer's wasn't even close. Otherwise Doug was just an average QB, sometimes worse..but you can't take that day away on the ultimate stage, and he lit it up when it mattered most.

Woah, my friend, I wasn't arguing SuperBowl performances, lol. :cheers: Absolutely DW had much better game.

I was referring more to the fact that both DW and Dilfer were game manager style QBs who won a SuperBowl. Back then, would you have ever thought DW would win us a SuperBowl? And before Dilfer won - would you ever say he'd be a SuperBowl winning QB?

Dear Sirs,

michael vick is a special QB, regardless of your thoughts of him off the field....he belongs on that list. same thing with OJ....ill put him on greatest rb lists, im only talking about what they did on the field. dont care for vick as a man b/c im too partial to dogs, but id put him #2 behind Moon.

mcnabb should be on there too, but i dont know who to bump, maybe briscoe but just b/c i never saw him play.

Dear Sirs,

michael vick is a special QB, regardless of your thoughts of him off the field....he belongs on that list. same thing with OJ....ill put him on greatest rb lists, im only talking about what they did on the field. dont care for vick as a man b/c im too partial to dogs, but id put him #2 behind Moon.

mcnabb should be on there too, but i dont know who to bump, maybe briscoe but just b/c i never saw him play.

Active players aren't included on the list.

Beyond that...Number 2!? He's better than Randall Cunningham and just behind Warren Moon? Please explain.

Active players aren't included on the list.

Beyond that...Number 2!? He's better than Randall Cunningham and just behind Warren Moon? Please explain.

Cunningham was amazing...id have hm 3rd. Vick was faster, more elusive, had as good of an arm, and a bigger threat to bust any given play and house it. Just a better player, if i had to pick one guy to win one game, im taking Vick. Randall was a better punter though, with those freaking quick-kicks on 3rd down.

People need to stop insisting that McNabb be on this list. If you aren't taking the time to read that NO ACTIVE PLAYERS ARE INCLUDED, then you have no right to make such suggestions.

See, it's threads like this that help point out the idiots so you know who they are.:) Now watch, some fool will come along again & say McNugget should be on the list. Then we'll all point & laugh at them until they run away in shame. :)

See, it's threads like this that help point out the idiots so you know who they are.:) Now watch, some fool will come along again & say McNugget should be on the list. Then we'll all point & laugh at them until they run away in shame. :)

:saber:

Die!

Seriously though, should have read more carefully haha.

Cunningham was amazing...id have hm 3rd. Vick was faster, more elusive, had as good of an arm, and a bigger threat to bust any given play and house it. Just a better player, if i had to pick one guy to win one game, im taking Vick. Randall was a better punter though, with those freaking quick-kicks on 3rd down.
All of your points, excluding "had as good an arm" deal with running. Running doesn't make a good QB - if that were true Barry Sanders should have been playing QB - he would have been sick (well sicker than he already was).

If this list was about the "Greatest Running QBs of All Time", I might agree. If you wanted him to rank as a QB based on the strength of his throwing - he's right up there with Vince Young.

eh, i gotta disagree.....the piece was poorly titled, it should have been:

The Six Greatest Black Quarterbacks Not Currently Playing

This isnt dostoyevsky, its a barely coherent piece by Eric Rhody

I think hes reaching by expecting visitors surfing the blogosphere to find a buried line in the intro paragraph.

All of your points, excluding "had as good an arm" deal with running. Running doesn't make a good QB - if that were true Barry Sanders should have been playing QB - he would have been sick (well sicker than he already was).

If this list was about the "Greatest Running QBs of All Time", I might agree. If you wanted him to rank as a QB based on the strength of his throwing - he's right up there with Vince Young.

I think you are discounting how dynamic of a runner he was...Atlanta was basically running a wishbone variant with Vick, Dunn & Norwood....the guy was a revolutionary talent, and won a bunch of games with basically no talent at Wr, and that Atl D wasnt much either. His only recieving threat was Crumpler, but Vick could throw a laser.....if he had Mike Quick and Chris Carter to throw to...who knows.

And to your Barry comment....hey, he couldnt have been any worse of a QB than Scott Mitchell was....Det might have been better off just direct snapping him the ball.

Archived