Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RNC Chairman Steele Disses Limbaugh (merged)

Dan T.

Rush's next quote on Steele..

"Sorry to say this, I don't think he's been that good from the get-go," Limbaugh said. "I think what we've had here is a little social concern in the GOP. The media has been very desirous that a black GOPer do well. There is a little hope invested in Steeleb, and he got a lot of credit for the performance of the GOP that he didn't deserve. I carried this party."

Because Steele is black, they use the word "disses" in the title? :ols:

Uh, I think you may be looking for a reason to claim racism. I, at least, didn't see it.

(Although I'll also admit that I neither knew nor cared that Steele was black.)

For those of us in the more Libertarian wing of the GOP, this is bad news. We want Fatbaugh to remain as high profile as possible.

The best thing for the GOP right now is to run hard right. I mean totally, completely boffo, 81artmonk, Christian fundie, seig heil, stupid hard right...so that wing of the party can finally be rejected once and for all in a landslide of biblical proportions thus exorcising the demon and giving the rest of us our party back.

I'm just pointing out how awkward the headlines normally are. I also like the "baby momma" Obama controversy thing a while ago. :D

I think "disses" is used a lot more often in common, everyday, English than "baby moma" is.

Could be wrong, though. I'm a Florida Old Fart who doesn't get out, much.

For those of us in the more Libertarian wing of the GOP, this is bad news. We want Fatbaugh to remain as high profile as possible.

The best thing for the GOP right now is to run hard right. I mean totally, completely boffo, 81artmonk, Christian fundie, seig heil, stupid hard right...so that wing of the party can finally be rejected once and for all in a landslide of biblical proportions thus exorcising the demon and giving the rest of us our party back.

Won't happen :(

Rush's next quote on Steele..

Quote:

"Sorry to say this, I don't think he's been that good from the get-go," Limbaugh said. "I think what we've had here is a little social concern in the GOP. The media has been very desirous that a black GOPer do well. There is a little hope invested in Steeleb, and he got a lot of credit for the performance of the GOP that he didn't deserve. I carried this party."

Al Franken is right...Rush Limbaugh really is a big fat idiot.

In a very real way, the face of the Republican Party and the Conservatives to those who are independent or to those who are not Republican/Conservative is Rush, O'Reilly, Coulter, and to a lesser degree still Bush and Cheney. These media guys have the bully pulpit and scream the loudest and get the most attention and whether by happenstance or insanity, the Republicans in Congress seem to be taking their cues from them (or at least they are mirroring each other).

I think some Republicans or Conservatives want it to be a guy like Jindal or Steele, but they do not have the star power yet and no one in the Republican army really seems to be following their lead or paying attention to them. On the other hand, many seem to be marching to the beat of Rush and Hannity in language, deed, and action.

Won't happen :(

You're probably right. :( If not, I may have to follow through on my original thoughts a while back and become an Independent.

Al Franken is right...Rush Limbaugh really is a big fat idiot.

True. But this is a great illustration of the old adage that "It takes one to know one". :)

Rush loves to be the leader of the GOP.

Maybe he should run for office. Wait, he probably wouldn't make it through the process.

Steele is right. But as long as GOPers are calling his show to kiss the ring. They are just hurting themselves. A talk show host is your leader. Either accept it, or find somebody else to take him down.

He would never do that. It's a major paycut and he would have far less influence.

Sad to think if true conservatives don't actually agree with the stuff he says. That they don't have the balls to present a united front against it. You can't get enough 1st and 2nd term GOPers to tell him to either do it himself, or shut the hell up?

Steele kissed the ring.

Rahm has to be laughing his ass off tonight. They could not have planned this any better.

In the interview with Politico, Steele called Limbaugh “a very valuable conservative voice for our party.”

Archived