Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RNC Chairman Steele Disses Limbaugh (merged)

Dan T.

No, I caught all that. I was just pointing out that the biggest story was Steele vs. Limbaugh, and it still is -- at least, for another day or so before something else takes its place.

The GOP will be fortunate if that next something involves a name -- any name -- other than Rush Limbaugh.

I'm glad we agree on this. See my comments from earlier in the thread, which basically said exactly the same thing.

I assume you were equally incensed by the Bush administration's failure to hold those very same businesses accountable when they were in the middle of the irresponsible practices that led to this mess.

Rush has a high paying, wonderful platform. I don't foresee him leaving for politics.

Bush doesn't get a free pass with me because he made mistakes too, but I don't think he did as horrible as a lot of people think. I never was worried about my job or felt physically unsafe when he was President. People will try to blame him for these economic conditions, but it was corrupt business leaders and conditions that put us in this position. The governments morale compass isn't much better, so having them take control isn't ideal either. Only better, non-greedy company leadership and less dependicies on foreign manufacturers will help us get out of this mess.

My overall conern with our government is:

1) There is no longer a "checks and balances" structure. Any bill or law can be blown through the House, Senate, and President with not so much as sppedbump to slow it down for evaluation. I believe there should be a law that forbids one party from majority ruling all three bill/law passing bodies.

2) The direction our leadership seems to be taking things is to give the government more power and oversight. Historically, this has never been a good thing.

I believe only the people can fix this country and the more the government gets involved and interferes, the longer are economy will sink. The companies and businesses that have performed irresponsibly should be allowed to fall on their collective faces; instead of being proped up by a government crutch. Each person needs to do their part and quit looking to the government to bail them out for their own mistakes (not faulting families who were suckered into bad mortgages; that was dirty business). If you can prove you were a victim of bank mortgage fraud, the home owner should be excused from the contract they signed with bank; however with this claim, the home owner is not permitted to retain residency and the bank becomes the owner of the house/property and is responsible for finding a suitable owner.

Katie, Jumbo - get some sleep!!! :silly:

I wish, brother. I've been doing 36 hour runs with 12 off in between for a bit. Economic cuts on funding sources ya know and reduced revenue generation related to bank & insurance company shortfalls. :)

Five management positions (good people) laid off in my main organization, lower tier layoffs to come. :(

But services still need to be delivered. It will get better. :)

I like Liberty and Navy Dave. But then, when I'm discussing behaviors with specificity, that's never the point with me. :)

I say these are pretty accurate posts in response to what I've noticed in this thread.

Liberty, you have issues you probably need to address. If you think publicly ridiculing people by personally attacking them and calling them names like "fat turd," blah, blah, blah is an in way beneficial to society (especially when done on ES :doh: ) then you are delluding yourself.

One look no further than just one of your posts to identify some deep-seeded anger and resentment issues that manifest themselves in the wording of your repsonses. You're 21 too, that's really quite sad. Go out and have some fun, lighten up.

you are right, this place I'm no good for this place and vice versa

peace

I wish, brother. I've been doing 36 hour runs with 12 off in between for a bit. Economic cuts on funding sources ya know and reduced revenue generation related to bank & insurance company shortfalls. :)

Five management positions (good people) laid off in my main organization, lower tier layoffs to come. :(

But services still need to be delivered. It will get better. :)

I like Liberty and Navy Dave. But then, when I'm discussing behaviors with specificity, that's never the point with me. :)

My sympathies. That sucks. Best wishes going forward.

Katie, Jumbo - get some sleep!!! :silly:
I don't even know what time zone I'm in. My internal clock is totally whack...even worse than my typical odd sleeping behavior.
The budget hasn't been passed yet though has it? Aren't we pre-judging? Still, he can definately be criticized for what he put forth.

You're right, it hasn't been passed yet, so technically I am prejudging. However, it is concerning to me to see a budget like that coming straight out the the gate...seriously, some of these pork projects I've read about in the budget are so totally absurd, I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I understand that it is 1% of the overall budget, but still, even that is too high for me with this type of pork. Seriously, tattoo removal? What the HELL? I'd rather he take that 1% of absolute BS and just dole it out to us. Might as well, it's going to waste anyway.

Come on, he's got young daughters and he's a forward looking guy. Tattoo removal is a very smart thing for him to be concerned with ;)

Good point Burg. I guess if I had youngins and I was the president I would probably be including way more in the budget that serves my interests as a parent; chastity belts and implantable homing devices immediately come to mind. :D

Archived