Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hall, Haynesworth, and Dockery...What's Left?

Commander Adama

Oher is my first choice right now. We have to solidify the o-line. Reestablish the running game. We had too many 1 yard runs as the o-line began to falter. If we can get some push at the line of scrimmage and reduce some of the penetration, those 1 yard runs become 3 or 4 yard runs.

That takes pressure off of JC and the passing game, opens up the play action. Gets us back to controlling the time of possession. And more opportunity for points.

I don't know who is going to hold down the defensive end spot opposite of Carter either. But too me RT is still the 1st spot to address, fortunately, the draft has excellent prospects at offensive tackle.

Would like to see the Redskins go after Angelo Crowell. See what his market value is. 27 years old, 6'1" 246 lbs. Played strongside LB for the Bills.

Jerry Gray was the Bills DC when he replaced Takeo Spikes in 2005. Averaged about 100 tackles, 3 sacks, and 2 INTs a year from 2005-07. Was injured last year.

We still need another tackle unless they think Heyer can do it a solid LB would be good too or even another DE, maybe Orakpo or Tyson Jackson. There are lots of guys I like at #13 if we don't trade down but we'll see what happens.

At least we don't have to hope Raji falls now :laugh:

If Raji did fall though, I'd still take him.

Two big fat pass rushing DTs are amazing. And the best part is, this would allow us to formulate a solid rotation of DTs. With Monty and Golston as well, we could potentially have a lineup where are DTs are damn near fresh every time.

RT and SLB (we won't count QB, this post is not about QB controversy) are the only positions with below average talent. Upgrading either of these two would be perfect.

If we manage stay healthy, there is no reason for us not to contend for the division. Our offense is average at best, but history proves that elite defenses make the difference.

Some of yall people still think we need to address the defense?

This draft should be for offensive lineman for the first couple rounds, then maybe grab a corner and a LB in the later rounds

Our defense is set right now imo, remember it was our offfense that lost us all those games last year

Angelo Crowell would be nice. I don't think any LB in the draft is worth the #13 pick after Curry. I think Maluaga(sp?) is a little slow. If Orapko is there, you pick him. If he's gone, then you draft the best OL available. I would preferably trade down and get an extra 3rd if at all possible.

I think in order for this to be deemed a successful offseason, we have to draft two offensive linemen in the first 4 rounds and at least one in the first 2. Even if you make the claim that the offensive line as-is can get away with another season(which I think they proved otherwise last year), you cannot deny how old all of them are, and that in a year or two they need to be replaced with fresh young talent. You do not wait until it is to late, like we have done.

People keep saying we should get a LBer. I ask why. First, with as many LBer injuries as we have had, our backups(in particular Blades) have stepped in and proven themselves capable. Second, we just signed Hanyesworth to a massive deal. If Hanyesworth is REALLY worth all that money, then it wont matter WHO our third LBer is, because he will make them look good. If Haynesworth cannot have that much of an impact, then we just wasted a lot of money.

After a season where the offense was so porous, again, we need the offense to get some attention. When that happens, when we get some more offensive linemen, then you can call it a success.

Draft-wise, I would definitely like to see us address the OL with RT, and possibly C in the later rounds.

However, we need to build our LB depth. LBs are often a key part of special teams.

These are the guys on our roster now (age in parentheses by start of season):

54 Blades, H.B. (24)

59 Fletcher, London (34)

52 McIntosh, Rocky (26)

58 Sinclair, Matt (27)

97 Smith, Tyson (27)

Other UFAs: Khary Campbell (30), Alfred Fincher (26), Rian Wallace (27).

It's position lacking good depth. Our OL needs are definitely the most important, and pressing, but I wouldn't want to go into the season with that LB core either if we're hit by any injuries.

Draft-wise, I would definitely like to see us address the OL with RT, and possibly C in the later rounds.

However, we need to build our LB depth. LBs are often a key part of special teams.

54 Blades, H.B. (24)

59 Fletcher, London (34)

52 McIntosh, Rocky (26)

58 Sinclair, Matt (27)

97 Smith, Tyson (27)

It's position lacking good depth. Our OL needs are definitely the most important, and pressing, but I wouldn't want to go into the season with that LB core either if we're hit by any injuries.

Yeah, no totally - it's for this why I'd be okay taking an LB with the first pick, but I'd much much rather have an OT.

I've been screaming for OL for two years now. Signing Dockery makes this somewhat less imperative although it's certainly still a major need. If somehow we could NOT trade down and pick up a couple of solid OL prospects rather than use a #1 on OL I think I'd rather see us get a RB. Moreno from Georgia pops up as a solid choice. I know everyone ignores rb because of Portis but let's face it. He's getting a lot of wear and tear and has simply lost his explosiveness. This could very well be his last season unless we can adequately substitute and give him less reps than he's been having the last few years.

I think what a lot of us aren't realizing is that in order to trade down the guys that we really want like Orakpo, Maualuga, or one of the big 4 Olineman, have to be on the board for our pick to really hold value. We're going to most likely have to give up the guy we want to trade down.

54 Blades, H.B. (24)

59 Fletcher, London (34)

52 McIntosh, Rocky (26)

58 Sinclair, Matt (27)

97 Smith, Tyson (27)

I'm pretty much in agreement with all of this. I guess, though, that I have a little bit more faith in Blades and Fincher than others on this board.

I think that center, punter, and kicker are our top priorities, though. All three were horrible last year.

Correct---but to answer the 'Whats left?' question, it sux but IMO we're a good QB away from being a legitimate threat. Hope JC can step it up.
Well with the line the way it was last year, do you think it was all JC or was part of it the line and we need to give him another year? If you think it was JC, are you saying we should draft a QB?

Definitely changes the complexion of the draft by what was done in FA. "if" AH plays to the level he's been playing I'll forget about the huge money spent on him and enjoy the pay off of sacks, fumbles and int's we sorely need.

I think we def need to go OT in the draft best guy u can get, and pick up a linebacker and a homerun rb.

Archived