Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hall, Haynesworth, and Dockery...What's Left?

Commander Adama

Alright after signing DeAngelo Hall, Albert Haynesworth, and Derrick Dockery... what would have to be done the remainder of this off-season for you to think it was a great off-season? Such as drafting Oher, drafting Orakpo, or simply nothing, etc.

Personally I think whatever at #13 would be great, whether it is Orakpo, Oher, or Laurinaitis. It would be Best Player Available that could help the franchise in the future. I think the Front Office set themselves up in a great position for the draft. I like this off-season, except for the amount spent on one player, which does irk me slightly, but if Haynesworth gives us his best, he can be a game changer.

HTTR

Alright after signing DeAngelo Hall, Albert Haynesworth, and Derrick Dockery... what would have to be done the remainder of this off-season for you to think it was a great off-season? Such as drafting Oher, drafting Orakpo, or simply nothing, etc.

Personally I think whatever at #13 would be great, whether it is Orakpo, Oher, or Laurinaitis. It would be Best Player Available that could help the franchise in the future. I think the Front Office set themselves up in a great position for the draft. I like this off-season, except for the amount spent on one player, which does irk me slightly, but if Haynesworth gives us his best, he can be a game changer.

HTTR

I'm splitting hairs...but I'd rather add some OL in FA (even if they aren't studs) and get a game-changing LB at 13.

We still need another tackle unless they think Heyer can do it a solid LB would be good too or even another DE, maybe Orakpo or Tyson Jackson. There are lots of guys I like at #13 if we don't trade down but we'll see what happens.

At least we don't have to hope Raji falls now :laugh:

I'm splitting hairs...but I'd rather add some OL in FA (even if they aren't studs) and get a game-changing LB at 13.

I honestly dont think we need a real gamechanger at LB. at any given time, Carter and Taylor can play the OLB positions with Haynsworth plugging the middle. We got Fletch runnin the defense, and he's never been a big gamer, but if all goes as planned, Haynesworth will be disruptive enough that he will put the other 10 guys in position to make more plays. I dont think Haynesworth is gonna turn everything around, but we had a top 10 defense last season, he might just be that push we need to get over the hump.

I am with ya there TD. Orakpo, Animal's kid, or Maulauga at 13, O-line depth and a #4 or 5 Corner with the other picks.

Another O-Lineman and D-Lineman in FA for depth, if possible.

I would also like to start looking at potential successors at the fullback position since I don't see Sellers here after 2010. He's getting a little old.

If the Skins don't acquire an immediate upgrade at Right Tackle before the draft or with the 1st round selection, the signing of Haynesworth and Hall will be absolutely worthless.

Yes, worthless. 8-8 team or worse until we shore up the weakest part of the team. Simply put, even with those two guys signed, this team isn't good enough to simply win with defense. The offense must improve and it simply won't with Heyer/Jansen doing their half assed best at tackle.

We need to pick up Ray Willis through the FA.

We need Orakpo at #13 because he can alternate between LB/DE with Jason Taylor. Jason Taylor can put Orakpo under his wing and teach him how to play the position. Orakpo can also bulk up this year and get ready to take Jason's DE position when he leaves.

We can use our other picks for 2 O-Lineman, and a CB or DE

We really need an OT. I hate to say that because I'd much rather see Orakpo or Maybin in a Skins uniform, but I don't think that's our greatest area of need. Our Defense was 4the in yards and 6th in points, our offense was like 19th in yards and something like 28th in points, so I would like to see some offensive production and adding more Defensive power isn't going to do that too much. We really really neeeeeed offensive linemen.

If the Skins don't acquire an immediate upgrade at Right Tackle before the draft or with the 1st round selection, the signing of Haynesworth and Hall will be absolutely worthless.

Yes, worthless. 8-8 team or worse until we shore up the weakest part of the team. Simply put, even with those two guys signed, this team isn't good enough to simply win with defense. The offense must improve and it simply won't with Heyer/Jansen doing their half assed best at tackle.

wow, someone needs a hug.

If we can get a partner, I'd like to trade down and take Matthews (OLB, USC) or Cushing (OLB, USC) and Jamon Merideth (OT, South Carolina). That would represent great value for us, save a ton of cap money and meet our most pressing needs.

If we can get a partner, I'd like to trade down and take Matthews (OLB, USC) or Cushing (OLB, USC) and Jamon Merideth (OT, South Carolina). That would represent great value for us, save a ton of cap money and meet our most pressing needs.

That sounds like a realistic plan that would actually address several needs, rather than one need. I don't know the SC Tackle, but the LBs sound solid. I really want to make sure we answer both OLB and another solid OL early in the draft (1st 2 picks).

what he said^

lol, why would you guys waste money on dhall and make carlos unhappy? giving dhall asante money when he is quite obviously no asante. carlos is a MUCH better corner and you wont be able to afford him after this year.. locked up til 2012, but you would be naive 2think he will happily line up for 3 years as the #1 corner when the #2 is making more than 3times as much every game. he will demand more than hall as he is the #1. doesnt your franchise need help on both lines still? hasnt jason campbell been wanting a new contract for a year or two? didnt you already have a top 5 defense last year? the haynesworth signing was probably the worst move your franchise could have made.. u shoulda thrown the bank at jeff saturday and jason brown from the ravens. horrible personnel decisions continue in DC. albert will be nice THIS year, possibly next. he is just a money pit though. best years have already come and gone.. he was playing for the contract that he just signed. now he is in warren sapp, collect the check mode. plus he's never played a full season, has recurring knee problems, and is in an extremely high wear/tear position.. the dude is not a qb. 100+ mil? lol, shoulda traded up for bj raji instead and gotten a younger dt stud on the come up for a third of the price--but that wouldnt have made sense either--because your defense is already nice. but hey no complaints from me, the eagles never run the ball.. just keep investing in that D. the nfc east will put jason campbell into early retirement this year.

hey eagles fan, didnt your front office just lose 1 of your best and most beloved defensive player in brian dawkins? Hasn't your team been on the verge but always needed an extra piece? Before you start throwing shots at our front office you should look at your own for all the dumb**** moves they made. Just remember this post when the eagles are last in the division.

We didnt bring in haynesworth to just stop the run. If you check alberts stats, he has the most sacks and qb pressures out of any dt SINCE warren sapp. If im not mistaken, wasn't he one of the best DT's to ever play the game? If im not mistaken isn't that what this redskins team has lacked in recent years? YOu should think about knowing what your talking about before you come onto a skins message board throwing shots. Have fun in the cellar buddy

Archived