Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Missed the Pro Bowl...any Skins highlights?

WeThreeKingsRuleU

Who is the greatest composer?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the greatest composer?

• Ludwig Van Beethoven
    • Johann Sebastian Bach
    • Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
    • Piotr Ilyitch Tchaikovsky
    • Frederic Chopin
    • Dmitry Shostakovich
    • Antonio Vivaldi
    • Richard Wagner
    • Joseph Haydn
    • Henry Purcell
    • Felix Mendelssohn
    • Johannes Brahms
    • Richard Strauss
    • Other (post)

Yea, Cooley looked like he was taking the day off, though he and Sellers were consistently close to making tackles on kickoffs (only to be faked out).

Haha Cooley looked frustrated on that one with the lateral. He almost had the tackle, then the guy threw the ball to his teammate and Cooley ran after him. He almost had that guy too, but he slipped past him only to be tackled by someone else. They had Cooley running around in circles on that one.

Highlights= Redskins Pro Bowlers are the bottom feeders when comparing the rest of the players playing on the field. Cooley's drop and Portis sliding around on the field and falling down like a clumsy first time ice skater was prime time t.v. entertainment. Wonder why we're the joke franchise especially after Arizona just made it to a Super Bowl?

Even our stars pale in comparison to nearly every other all star playing on each team. *I realize all of these players didn't play in the Pro Bowl* Witten, Gonzalez, Owen Daniels (even as an alternate I think), Heath Miller, Dallas Clark, then Cooley. Peterson, Westbrook, The Carolina boys, Lynch, Chris Johnson, etc then Portis. You could argue that Cooley or Portis should be moved up a couple of spots, but in all actuality, they're both expendable. Sellers got stopped on 2nd and 3...what else is new? He essentially chipped guys when lead blocking but it was foo foo football. The Skins piss me off. Watching anything Redskins related boils my blood. Sue me, but I wasn't surprised that none of the Skins players stood out. They're just not as good as their colleagues.

OUCH! That hurt to type :(

From what I saw: Portis had one nice run of 10 yards. Cooley dropped the only pass attempt to him. To be fair, Witten only had one catch, so it wasn't much of a game for NFC TEs. Sellars had one decent swing pass, some nice blocks, especially on that Peterson TD. He would have had a good long reception if it weren't for the fact that Polemalu was able to get over there.

Portis:

Nah Portis was actually playing the RB for the NFC about 70% of the time because I do not remember even seeing Turner. Portis's accelaration and speed looked x2 with that nice O-Line though. He was grinding through the defense.

Cooley:

Invisible. Witten most of the game.

Sellers:

Threw a block for Peteron's insane TD run. Caught some intermediate-long passes (One of the few FBs in the game that can catch the ball down field). Sellers also almost nearly caught a pass after Polomalu tipped it. That would have been an insane highlight.

Sellers and Portis were decent.

Also, for all the Colt lovers, Brennan was on the NFC sidelines, you could see him on TV for about 3-4 seconds during a Peppers' interview with sideline reporter.

LOLOLOL

I bet all the fans in the stands were yelling at the coaches to let him start. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Highlights= Redskins Pro Bowlers are the bottom feeders when comparing the rest of the players playing on the field. Cooley's drop and Portis sliding around on the field and falling down like a clumsy first time ice skater was prime time t.v. entertainment. Wonder why we're the joke franchise especially after Arizona just made it to a Super Bowl?

Even our stars pale in comparison to nearly every other all star playing on each team. *I realize all of these players didn't play in the Pro Bowl* Witten, Gonzalez, Owen Daniels (even as an alternate I think), Heath Miller, Dallas Clark, then Cooley. Peterson, Westbrook, The Carolina boys, Lynch, Chris Johnson, etc then Portis. You could argue that Cooley or Portis should be moved up a couple of spots, but in all actuality, they're both expendable. Sellers got stopped on 2nd and 3...what else is new? He essentially chipped guys when lead blocking but it was foo foo football. The Skins piss me off. Watching anything Redskins related boils my blood. Sue me, but I wasn't surprised that none of the Skins players stood out. They're just not as good as their colleagues.

Witten had all of 1 catch for 8 yards.

What are you even talking about with Cooley being "expendable?" Compared to who? Owen Daniels? Really? You wouldn't find one GM in the league who would agree with that. Not to mention you're basing this off of watching the Pro Bowl of all games.

If people want to legitimately discuss the negatives on the team, fine, but griping about how Cooley played in the Pro Bowl is absurd.

I thought Portis looked like typical CP even with the all-star offensive line. Something is going on with that guy, his speed and elusiveness are gone. Maybe it's because he didn't care about the Pro Bowl, and didnt' care about performing well, but he looked awfully like the CP that we had down the stretch in 08...

I thought Portis looked like typical CP even with the all-star offensive line. Something is going on with that guy, his speed and elusiveness are gone. Maybe it's because he didn't care about the Pro Bowl, and didnt' care about performing well, but he looked awfully like the CP that we had down the stretch in 08...

You do realize that an all star OL that doesn't play together regularly is ineffective?

Using your logic, Adrian Peterson is vastly over rated as well. He averaged less than 5 yards a carry behind a premiere line. Man, does he suck!

It's the pro bowl if you didn't notice.

This is truly a representative post of how this fanbase has seriously devolved.. He is actually criticizing this team after a bad probowl performance.. are you serious??? worse fanbase in the NFL.. I would say worse the Philly. That's pretty sad.

your crack is much better then mine...:doh:

I know the Pro Bowl doesn't mean much to everyone, I personally believe it is a glorified popularity contest...still, I like to see our guys play well. Unfortunately I missed the game, any Skins perform well enough thats worth talking about?

Portis did do a chest bumped with Fitzgerald after his 2nd TD...thats about it...

Portis was out there recruiting. Portis was givin a mike and he ran around talking to a whole bunch of different players. When he got to Boldin, he was really pushing him hard on coming to the skins. Portis even said that this would be the last time you see a Cardinal on the side of his pro bowl uniform (on the shoulder)....next time it would be a Redskin patch.

I thought that was an intresting highlight. About the only highlight, but intresting.

Whether or not it happens is yet to be seen, but it was good stuff.

Archived