Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Missed the Pro Bowl...any Skins highlights?

WeThreeKingsRuleU

Who is the greatest composer?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the greatest composer?

• Ludwig Van Beethoven
    • Johann Sebastian Bach
    • Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
    • Piotr Ilyitch Tchaikovsky
    • Frederic Chopin
    • Dmitry Shostakovich
    • Antonio Vivaldi
    • Richard Wagner
    • Joseph Haydn
    • Henry Purcell
    • Felix Mendelssohn
    • Johannes Brahms
    • Richard Strauss
    • Other (post)

Well, on the flip side, several more players made the Fan House "Anti-Pro Bowl" team. Maybe worth a discussion thread all on its own ....

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/02/08/pro-bowl-not-for-this-miserable-bunch/

At Center: Reserves: Casey Rabach, Washington;

At Cornerback: Reserves: DeAngelo Hall, Washington/Oakland;

At Kicker: (The only First Teamer) Kicker: Shaun Suisham, Washington: Suisham connected on just 72 percent of his field-goal attempts, the worst mark of any kicker that spent an entire year on an NFL roster.

Of interest -

Offensive Guard (first team): Derrick Dockery, Buffalo: Dockery gave up 8.25 sacks in 16 games.

Well, on the flip side, several more players made the Fan House "Anti-Pro Bowl" team. Maybe worth a discussion thread all on its own ....

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/02/08/pro-bowl-not-for-this-miserable-bunch/

At Cornerback: Reserves: DeAngelo Hall, Washington/Oakland;

I'm down with Rabach and Suisham, and there's a few others that you could easily make a case for off this roster, but DeAngelo Hall? What has he done to deserve that?

Whole lot of undeserved hate out there.

Hail.

The Skins piss me off. Watching anything Redskins related boils my blood. Sue me, but I wasn't surprised that none of the Skins players stood out. They're just not as good as their colleagues.

OUCH! That hurt to type

_____________________ Wow. Somebody pee in your Wheaties this morning?

];6115259']You do realize that an all star OL that doesn't play together regularly is ineffective?

Using your logic' date=' Adrian Peterson is vastly over rated as well. He averaged less than 5 yards a carry behind a premiere line. Man, does he suck![/quote']

Uh... where did you learn math?

48 yards and 8 carries comes out to 6 yards per carry.

This is truly a representative post of how this fanbase has seriously devolved.. He is actually criticizing this team after a bad probowl performance.. are you serious??? worse fanbase in the NFL.. I would say worse the Philly. That's pretty sad.

Agree 100%!!!!! I honestly hate our fanbase now.

The Skins piss me off. Watching anything Redskins related boils my blood. Sue me, but I wasn't surprised that none of the Skins players stood out. They're just not as good as their colleagues.
Hmm, I must have had my burgundy glasses on...I thought that Portis looked pretty good. I thought that that was why they kept going back to him over and over. He was catching passes coming out of the backfield nicely and he and Sellers stayed in to block veryt affectively.

I'm down with Rabach and Suisham, and there's a few others that you could easily make a case for off this roster, but DeAngelo Hall? What has he done to deserve that?

Whole lot of undeserved hate out there.

Hail.

It might have to do with the fact that Hall acted like a chump in Oakland and quit on the team, was cut, and then came here and possibly played well only because he wanted a good try out for another big contract either here or elsewhere.

That might, given Hall's history everywhere else he's been (including college), have something to do with people hating on Hall.

Remind me again why some people on this board are so married to this guy?

Agree 100%!!!!! I honestly hate our fanbase now.

I think its great to have a fan base passionate enough to spend all of their free time arguing about which players suck and which ones are probowl material on the internet all day. I think this is the greatest fan base in sports, that this is the greatest fan site and that its great that you disagree! ;)

The thing I find most annoying is the large number of people who "hit and run" ... i.e., "we should sign xxxx now" ... no facts given to back up their statements, no reasons given other than emotional; no consideration of consequences of signing xxx on the current roster of players; no explanation of how it will work with the current cap; no analysis of how this bad boy will fit with the current locker room culture, etc... no nothing. And this passes for "insightful discussion". No thought; just shallow headline grabbing stunts. For an informed, intelligent fanbase, most of the posts have incredible shallowness to them. I hoped for more than merely emotional arguements when I joined - I was hoping for some informed, insightful discussions. They occassionally occur but not often enough.

And the 3 Redskins earned that $$$ and stayed in shape at the same time! Seriously- while CC47 may not have been on your TV screen making big TE plays, I saw him play ST all day long. Blocking for kickoffs, punts, PATs and a lot of offense. When the Dee was on the field, he was cooling off in the mist fan and then back on the sideline ready to go. Sellers was out there a lot too.

When Fitzgerald scored, Portis was up and chest-bumping him. The 3 Skins looked like they were really enjoying themselves. I sure enjoyed watching them!

Pretty typical...bash your own players, all the players on other teams are better than ours(grass is greener) Then get players from other teams(FA) and then when they are on the skins they suck too...and on and on. I think I'll take a break...some of our fan base, yeesh. When Portis was tearing it up earlier in the season and going for a rushing title I didn't see these complaints...when Campbell was errant free, no int's and making plays early in the season I didn't hear all of this. Losing starts finger pointing and the blame game. We have some talented players, that, in a good system...or comfortable in a system will produce. We need to bring in a few more players though.

Archived