Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Devin Thomas could become the next Larry Fitzgerald

SIXX99

Larry Fitzgerald is a completley unstoppable force, we are all aware of that and I think that our underachieving rookie Devin Thomas, yes you read correctly DEVIN THOMAS, could become the type of reciever that Larry Fitzgerald is. Fitzgerald is about an inch or less taller than Thomas, they weigh exactly the same. They have a similar muscle and body build. Sure it will take a lot for Thomas to raise his game to that level, but it isn't hard to imagine that Devin Thomas could become the type of elite reciever that Larry Fitzgerald is.

The problem with this idea right now is attitude. Sure, Thomas and Fitzgerald are similar physically. Where they are not similar is between the ears. I just don't know that Thomas will ever want to work hard enough to get to where Fitzgerald is.

The other thing I am not sure about is Thomas's hands. Granted, I don't watch the Cards every week but I don't remember the last time I saw Fitzgerald drop a ball he touched with both hands, regardless of how tough that catch might have been. I can think of several that, while not "easy" were not circus catches either, that Thomas dropped. Fitzgerald has fly paper for hands and right now Thomas does not.

Actually, this is the thought that was going through my mind last night. In his draft profile, Thomas was compared favorably to Fitzgerald. If that can work out, then I will be highly pleased. But I'd even settle for Thomas being a Roddy White or Greg Jennings.

I would settle for him being a White or Jennings any day. Both of them are better than ARE.

....I can think of several that, while not "easy" were not circus catches either, that Thomas dropped. Fitzgerald has fly paper for hands and right now Thomas does not.

But you have to consider that Fitzgerald has a former Super Bowl MVP throwing to him instead of Campbell.

So far' date=' in Devin Thomas' career, he had a nice junior season in college and a pretty good run on a reverse.[/quote']

Exactly. Right now, even drawing this comparison is an insult to Larry Fitzgerald and unfair to Devin Thomas's talents. Likely, Devin will never approach the heights that Fitz has already enjoyed. More than that, there is no reason to believe that Thomas's skills will ever fully materialize; it takes great work ethic to be a Larry Fitzgerald, a trait Thomas has yet to demonstrate.

How can you argue with that logic?

Apparently, in the eyes of Redskins fans.... we should have sent 16 starters to the Pro Bowl. So isn't it any wonder why we've pencilled in all our players into the Hall of Fame?

I mean... we had a thread earlier this week stating Jason Campbell could make the Hall of Fame. Why stop there... let's compare Devin Thomas to Larry Fitzgerald.

In my mind.... Redskins fans are becoming comparable to Cowboys fans in their idiocy and homerism.

Archived