Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Devin Thomas could become the next Larry Fitzgerald

SIXX99

The only way Devin Thomas could even come close to being a shadow of Larry Fitzgerald is if our offensive line can actually pass protect Jason Campbell long enough for him to make a good read and throw it without getting leveled. Guys, I, like many of you, want to see all our 2nd round pass catchers get involved and succeed. That said, we need to draft an offensive lineman (right tackle I say) to get our anchors solidified.

2 reasons this is not likely to happen...

1) Fitzgerald has the best hands in the league. He just sucks up anything that comes in his area. Good hands is a natural ability. Thomas is more of a "body catcher".

2) Fitzgerald ahs good work habbits. He studies film and tries to become a better receiver. This offseason he worked harder than ever, which is why he has become such an unstoppable force. Devin has already developed a reputation for laziness. Whether true or not, I cannot say. If his study and workout habbits are bad, he may never become a very good route runner, which means he won't have the trust of his QB, or the coaching staff.

This is a ridiculous thread. Anyone who saw Fitz in college knew he was gonna be an automatic HoFer. His hands and route running were out of this world. Now that he has added RAC to his repertoire he is the best receiver in the NFL. When it is all said and done he will be in the top 5 receiver of all time. Best hands of any receiver ever, tied with rice.

Devin Thomas is not the guy and never will be. If he was, he would have shown it long ago.

However he can stil be a vey good receiver.

The only way Devin Thomas could even come close to being a shadow of Larry Fitzgerald is if our offensive line can actually pass protect Jason Campbell long enough for him to make a good read and throw it without getting leveled. Guys, I, like many of you, want to see all our 2nd round pass catchers get involved and succeed. That said, we need to draft an offensive lineman (right tackle I say) to get our anchors solidified.

that and if he can get seperation..from what i hear he hasnt been getting much seperation at all which is a big deal.

I almost blew pop out my nose and pissed my pants when I read the original post.:laugh:

Larry Fitzgerald is arguably the best WR in the league. He had skills to not only start but supplant starters on most teams when he came out of college. I don't know what season you just watched, but there are no signs Thomas will ever be close to Fitzgerald.

Seriously -- if Devin Thomas can become a solid, serviceable, above average receiver in the vein of an Amani Toomer or Mark Clayton (50-60 catches) the Skins will be lucky.

What the? Amani Toomer, at one point, was a really good receiver. If he turns into a prime-Toomer, we are set at receiver for a few years.

um.... Devin Thomas has caught like 10 balls in the NFL... and has 1 TD on an end around.

If Thomas has a DeSean Jackson or Eddie Royal like season next year... maybe then we can start talking about him being a good or possibly great long term reciever.

For now.. he's some dude on the team who needs to show he can play.

Fitz was one of the most celebrated college WR's ever. Everyone knew this guy was a perennial pro-bowler coming out of Pitt. He has it all, the size, speed, intellect, hands, route running, and all of the intangibles. What about Devin Thomas reminds you of that? Devin was a one year wonder at MSU, with questionable attitude, route running, etc. Fitzgerald tore it up from the beginning with a sucky team. Devin Thomas could barely get on the field with a sucky team.

Larry Fitzgerald is a completley unstoppable force, we are all aware of that and I think that our underachieving rookie Devin Thomas, yes you read correctly DEVIN THOMAS, could become the type of reciever that Larry Fitzgerald is. Fitzgerald is about an inch or less taller than Thomas, they weigh exactly the same. They have a similar muscle and body build. Sure it will take a lot for Thomas to raise his game to that level, but it isn't hard to imagine that Devin Thomas could become the type of elite reciever that Larry Fitzgerald is.

And JC is the next Curt Warner.:D

Fitz was one of the most celebrated college WR's ever. Everyone knew this guy was a perennial pro-bowler coming out of Pitt. He has it all, the size, speed, intellect, hands, route running, and all of the intangibles. What about Devin Thomas reminds you of that? Devin was a one year wonder at MSU, with questionable attitude, route running, etc. Fitzgerald tore it up from the beginning with a sucky team. Devin Thomas could barely get on the field with a sucky team.

I don't understand how this thread is still open after this post.

How laughable.

You know which fans can legitimately dream that their young receiver will become the next Larry Fitzgerald? Detroit Lions fans. Calvin Johnson is the better analogy. A high first round talent who has shown sick ability from day one despite the lack of talent around him.

Devin Thomas?:rolleyes:

A second rounder who doesn't like to work, doesn't know how to run patterns. Can't catch and has not shown a flash of talent.

Devin Thomas could be the next Larry Fitzgerald? Well since you're throwing crap up against a wall to see if it sticks you might as well say stuff like Chad Rinehart could be the next Russ Grimm and Justin Tryon could be the next Darrell Green.

Fitzgerald was one of the greatest receivers in college football history.

He had 58 catches and 8 TDs as a rookie on a bad team. He's now the best receiver in the NFL.

So far' date=' in Devin Thomas' career, he had a nice junior season in college and a pretty good run on a reverse.[/quote']

Ain't that the freaking truth my brotha! Maybe Gibbs was right when he said character was the first thing he looked for in a player as opposed to talent? Maybe the Skins would have used that second round pick a little more wisely? Questions that will never be answered unfortunatley. I miss Joe Gibbs.

Archived