Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Devin Thomas could become the next Larry Fitzgerald

SIXX99

Honestly I wonder if the reason the rookies did not play much this year was because Zorn seems like he doest really want rookies starting... he has been extremely tough on them and never really gave them a chance. The funny thing is EVERYONE who saw them in Rookie camp training camp or every practice went on and on about how all the rookies looked great in practice... I know Thomas dropped a few in games this year but I think that the talent is there...

PS

I am not saying he is a lock to be the next Fits or TO or even the next Torry Holt.... I am just amking an observation about the coach not getting these guys on the field very much

How can you argue with that logic?

Apparently, in the eyes of Redskins fans.... we should have sent 16 starters to the Pro Bowl. So isn't it any wonder why we've pencilled in all our players into the Hall of Fame?

I mean... we had a thread earlier this week stating Jason Campbell could make the Hall of Fame. Why stop there... let's compare Devin Thomas to Larry Fitzgerald.

In my mind.... Redskins fans are becoming comparable to Cowboys fans in their idiocy and homerism.

As depressed as we all are right now...I can forgive a little homerism. We are all looking for some bright spots to keep our hope alive.

Man I aint gonna sit here and Bash my boy Devin. As Long as they dumb a** coaches start those 3 rookie recievers then we will see. I think all of them are STARS IMO. All of them are Great recievers, I just need 2 them in ACTION.

damn was that even english?

One of the biggest problems with our fanbase is how much we overrate our players.

I'm not overrating him, I was just making the point that with some work he could be at that level. I didn't say he was.

One of my friends who is a Steelers fan has always mocked Plaxico for his lack of jumping ability (very interesting to watch, by the way - Plaxico really doesn't ever get much air, but his height means he doesn't actually have to in many cases). Anyway, he was commenting that watching Larry Fitz he started thinking that is what Plaxico could be.

This is like saying that when you see Polomalu and another player built similarly, that the other guy could be Polomalu. Some people just have real raw talent. It's not coachable. When you take a player who is very arguably the best at his position and then you pick another player who hasn't accomplished anything at the same level, and say the other guy could be as good as the best... yeah, that is overrating, even accepting the fact that you caveated with preparation.

Preparation would rarely (if ever) make up that kind of difference.

Would love it if this were true but guys like Fitzgerald don't come along often and from what's been said about Devin Thomas work ethic I can't see it. Larry himself didn't reach elite status until he started taking his job more serious this season and began working with the QB one on one. Lots of guys come into the league and don't live up to potential and chances are much more likely that Devin will fall into the David Boston catagory unless he drastically changes his attitude and stays hungry. Until we hear he's done that I believe this post is a little too premature to be taken seriously.

This this a freaking joke?! Thomas = NO! Kelly, if he's knees hold up could be good. Before you start hoping and praying that someone on the Redskins become the premiere player in the league, lets first hope that maybe Thomas could be DeSean Jackson first. After that we will talk about him being Santonio Holmes. Then he goes to possibly being someone else. Then someone else. THEN maybe, jusssssst maybe he could hold Larry Fitz's jock strap.

Actually, this is the thought that was going through my mind last night. In his draft profile, Thomas was compared favorably to Fitzgerald. If that can work out, then I will be highly pleased. But I'd even settle for Thomas being a Roddy White or Greg Jennings.

Hell yea. That would be awesome.

But you have to consider that Fitzgerald has a former Super Bowl MVP throwing to him instead of Campbell.

While I think the comparison, beyond somewhat of a physical similarity, is completely ridiculous (first and foremost, Thomas doesn't seem to be anywhere close to being the athlete that LF is - that dude has amazing agility and body control, while Thomas scares me with how stiff he looks at times), I wholeheartedly agree that the QB can make or break a receiver.

I've long maintained that better QBs get better "effort" (for lack of a better term) from their receivers. Not consciously, but more in the way of expectation, or confidence. They expect the QB to put the ball in the spot where it is catchable, so, they are more likely to go get the ball, regardless of how good the actual throw is. OTOH, receivers with less confidence in the QB's ability to deliver the ball where it needs to be have less belief in going after the ball.

I don't think you'd find many receivers who would choose Campbell over Warner...:2cents:

Larry Fitzgerald is a completley unstoppable force, we are all aware of that and I think that our underachieving rookie Devin Thomas, yes you read correctly DEVIN THOMAS, could become the type of reciever that Larry Fitzgerald is. Fitzgerald is about an inch or less taller than Thomas, they weigh exactly the same. They have a similar muscle and body build. Sure it will take a lot for Thomas to raise his game to that level, but it isn't hard to imagine that Devin Thomas could become the type of elite reciever that Larry Fitzgerald is.

So since they are both roughly the same height, and weight the same, and have similar body builds, Devin Thomas can be as good as Larry Fitzgerald?

...Seriously? Am I reading this right?

It all started with Anthony Mix. We at ES are wayyyy too obssessed with the height of our WRs.

So since they are both roughly the same height, and weight the same, and have similar body builds, Devin Thomas can be as good as Larry Fitzgerald?

...Seriously? Am I reading this right?

It all started with Anthony Mix. We at ES are wayyyy too obssessed with the height of our WRs.

yeah, its been a while since this site has had a man-crush!!!

Redskins.com better start posting some news up before I go crazy man. I wanna see updates and moves made. They sleeping over there.

What exactly are they suppose to be doing? Signing FA's? Free agency doesn't start til March -- so they can't sign anyone til then. Only exceptions are players that have been cut.

They need to be concentrating on the draft, and possibly dealing players to get more picks. Plus,...Redskins.com is not the first place you're gonna hear the news. Plenty of other (better) online resources for breaking NFL news.

Archived