Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Flacco is better than Campbell...

dockeryfan

The difference between him and Campbell is he has one of the best D's in the leauge

I dunno, a #4 ranked D without a pass-rush is pretty good.

Flacco and Ryan are both going to better than Campbell, it's a fact. They both helped their teams to the playoffs as rookies, and these were both teams that had losing records last year.

Were they the only reasons their teams made the playoffs? No, but they played their parts well. They'll be two of the best in the NFL at some point.

Odd, where were the Ravens just last year (and their offensive line had started to perform better in 2007 than in 2006, so it's not like they had a huge jump.) ???

Why did they start Flacco and continue to go with him rather than insert a 'vet?'

Flacco has superior mechanics and touch on the ball. He doesn't NEED to stack up stats but neither does Jason. Jason could throw for 3500 yards but if he can't hit guys in strides and kills drives with holding onto the ball, it will be meaningless.

Jason could throw for 2700, turn in Big Ben-like performances and no one would be calling for his head because Super Bowls and conference championship games would be in play.

Are you serious? Campbell could be a superbowl MVP, but we would still be calling a new QB. You really think our fanbase will ever stop criticizing our starting QB? Brunell took us to the Divisional playoffs, but after 1 bad game, we called for his head.

Are you serious? Campbell could be a superbowl MVP, but we would still be calling a new QB. You really think our fanbase will ever stop criticizing our starting QB? Brunell took us to the Divisional playoffs, but after 1 bad game, we called for his head.

And you base this on what? Do we have a quarterback that took us to the Super Bowl and was the MVP that we can look back on? It sure didn't happen with Mark Rypien when he won the Super Bowl.

It can't be based on what you say about Brunell either, because that was a series of games and not just one bad game as you seem to claim, not to mention the records he set for pure incompetency.

Seriously? Anyone who thinks this needs to friggen have their head examined. Flacco sucks. He looked like absolute crap today, and his line was protecting him well. He blows.

I came in this thread after seeing the title like this :mad:

now after reading what you wrote I am like this :D

Flacco is better as a rookie, than Candle will ever be.

Jason couldn't hold a candle to Flacco.

my God, you make the same ridiculous statements in the ATN as well as in the Tailgate.

at least you didnt make a thread asking about percentages of campbell haters and how it confuses you. :doh:

It can't be based on what you say about Brunell either, because that was a series of games and not just one bad game as you seem to claim, not to mention the records he set for pure incompetency.

What kevin said about Brunell is simply OUTRIGHT false. Maybe poor memory but false nonetheless.

Brunell was AWFUL in 2004. I was THE Brunell critic and I only needed one game of 2004 to confirm my fears that were based on his PLAY and PRODUCTION in Jacksonville, including his poor base for throwing the ball deep.

2005 he had SOME good games that were good but he wasn't stellar that year and it was Clinton and the defense causing turnovers that took us from 5-6 to 10-6, especially in the clinching game vs. Philly. And he should not have played in the playoffs because he was hurt. So we threw away our 2005 playoff push on a guy who was gimpy. No one is going to convince me that the Ramsey who finished the 2004 season couldn't have offered better numbers AND WINS in 2005, even in the playoffs over a record-setting low number of yards and TOTAL ineffectiveness.

Oh, we only won the Tampa game that year because of that dropped pass, anyways. Didn't matter much because we lost the next game because of a hurt Brunell.

EVen Brad Johnson went out soft and scared of the guy behind him (and was only taken out when he got hurt anyway, why was he so worried.) Turns out you sometimes DO need two QBs in this league, so Brad has only himself to blame for wetting his pants and choking and losing his arm in 2000.

We haven't had a guy who just grabbed the job. Closest it comes is Trent Green and the situation there was totally different. One can only imagine how different it would be as Trent would make it impossible for us to sit here and judge the QB play we've seen as 'acceptable' or worthy of 'waiting' on.

Honestly, if we had a Peyton Manning or even Big Ben, we'd be calling for his head? REally?

Here's why he's better. He played at Division 1-AA and Candle played in perhaps in many eyes, the toughest college conference in Division 1 football. Yet, Flacco comes in, takes the starting job and guides the team to 11 wins and an AFC title game. No excuses for Campbell, he's sucked and better show something next year or I'll be leading the parade to run him out on a rail.

Campbell and Flacco put up similar stats. Both had great defenses. Both have adequate receiving (Mason is their best guy). Both have good running games. Both have capable offensive lines (slight edge to Baltimore). Yet only one is in the AFC Title game and the other is at home trying to "STILL" figure out the cover 2 defense.

Flacco doesn't need to do much. He needs to get the defense like 13 points and they take it from there. Yea, he's won two playoff games by throwing for like 150 yards in each.

With that being said, yea, he probably is better then Campbell. Flacco seems to have that "it" factor.

If Flacco is better because hes in the AFC championship......then well....he must be better than Manning, Rivers, Cutler,......

Seriously....Flacco really isnt that good. Im not impressed AT ALL. All he does is dump balls off, or throw a bomb....and is efforts have been good enough for about 3-7 points per game....then there defense scores a TD everygame. The Ravens have to play INSANE defense, and cause turnovers to win games.

Flacco made plays to win the game late. Would Campbell have made those throws under pressure? He'd probably have gone 3 and out that last drive and the Titans would have won it. They may have similar stats but Flacco clearly has a better feel for playing the position, he's a more natural QB. Reminds me of a young Big Ben. Campbell is a future backup in this league.

Flacco is better than Campbell. He doesn't cause many turnovers, he's got great touch on the ball, and he actually throws the ball deep at a moderate rate. He can make play with his legs too. Ever since Candle was drafted in the first round a lot of people have questioned the move....looks like they were right.

Flacco made plays to win the game late. Would Campbell have made those throws under pressure? He'd probably have gone 3 and out that last drive and the Titans would have won it. They may have similar stats but Flacco clearly has a better feel for playing the position, he's a more natural QB. Reminds me of a young Big Ben. Campbell is a future backup in this league.

Yeah Campbell doesn't know how to do that.

Campbell has his problems, there's no doubt. But just saying "he's not a leader" or "he doesn't know how to lead the team back" is stupid. It's downright false.

So you force people who would just like an honest discussion about the Redskins strengths and weaknesses to sound like Campbell apologists.

http://www.extremeskins.com/showpost.php?p=6042077&postcount=112

A post was made that already addressed exactly what you're talking about.

Former Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Bill Cowher considers Campbell a leading candidate for mid-season league MVP.

"Jason Campbell has played as well as anybody has in the NFL at his position," Cowher, now a CBS analyst, says. "He's thrown for good numbers. He's got no turnovers. He's big, strong and able to move out of the pocket and make throws down the field.

"He's brought his team back when they've been down. I've been very impressed with Jason Campbell's play."

Flacco playing Div 1-AA ball in his first year is equal to an SEC QB, 1st round pick in his fourth year. That's the sad truth. Jason has just a good a defense as Flacco does, yet he managed to put up 7 or 8 more points a game then Jason did.

Let's ignore some facts

1. Ravens were 13-3 2 years ago

2. Their defense was great at creating turnovers, and defensive scoring

3. they have a better run game

4. much better OL

:secret: BTW. The Ravens traded up to take Flacco higher than the Skins took JC

Campbell is a first round pick. When you give up 2 draft picks and select a QB in the first round, he should become an elite QB. Jason has not shown that he is elite in 4 years. He's average at best.

Dude the team is average. I don't know how you can even categorize Campbell with the supporting cast he has. You want to knock Campbell on his accuracy? Fine. His slow reads? Sure. But you better keep in mind that his 'slow reads' are happening about 10x faster in the skins offense vs the Ravens. Flacco has practically an eternity back there at times. Candle? 2 steps, then running for his life half the time. Flacco reminds me of Phil Simms son, in terms of his success. Pretty good when you give him time. Take away the time and he sucks. Of course, the same can be said for most other QBs in this league.

Use all the excuses you want, but Jason should be an elite QB in his 4th year no matter what talent is around him. He is a game manager and a 1st round pick shouldn't be a game manager. The excuses have to stop in 2009. If he fails yet again, it's time for a change. And as far as the trading up, yes they traded up higher to get Flacco, but did they give up as much?

http://www.extremeskins.com/showpost.php?p=6042077&postcount=112

A post was made that already addressed exactly what you're talking about.

Former Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Bill Cowher considers Campbell a leading candidate for mid-season league MVP.

"Jason Campbell has played as well as anybody has in the NFL at his position," Cowher, now a CBS analyst, says. "He's thrown for good numbers. He's got no turnovers. He's big, strong and able to move out of the pocket and make throws down the field.

"He's brought his team back when they've been down. I've been very impressed with Jason Campbell's play."

Good find. Jason's probably at home right now, sipping brandy by the fireplace, staring happily at his prestigious mid-season MVP award.

Archived