Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: Redskins' Cerrato not Mr. Popularity (M.E.T.)

Hooper

The scary thing is that there are actually people who want to clean house on the roster even though Vinny would be in charge of that. He is worse than Matt Millen because one could argue that Millen had no experience! Vinny already ran one franchise into the ground, oh and nice work at Notre Dame, it wouldn't be a stretch to say that Vinny made them irrelevant

Why is this coming from Rocky Mountain News?

It's an AP article by local reporter Joseph White. The Rocky Mountain News just picked it up. Now, ask me why the Rocky Mountain News ran an article about the GM of the Redskins and I've got nothing for ya.

We need more signs at the park to spark more conversations in the media like with Millen in Detroit. Force Danny to fire him!

Snyder would have those signs removed immediately. He already has his minions removing signs at the Stadium.

great article. At least now it's getting out there. He's awful.

"Just the obvious," Cerrato said. "We need to protect the quarterback better, and we need to get more sacks. That's kind of the obvious thing. But when you look at it, you got to evaluate why. That's what the evaluation process is."

We need linemen...

"Just the obvious," Cerrato said. "We need to protect the quarterback better, and we need to get more sacks. That's kind of the obvious thing. But when you look at it, you got to evaluate why. That's what the evaluation process is."

We need linemen...

Obvious to everyone but VINNY, he sees the obvious yet won't address the obvious, if we do something stupid in the draft this year I will conclude every single post with the words Fire Vinny

The fact that the players might not be a fan of Cerrato is not a surprise to me.

In fact, I happened to be walking by the player's lot as Cerrato arrived in his BMW for the Eagles game (btw Vinny...you might want to get whatever is hanging down in the front of your ride fixed) and I saw several players arrive at the same time and walk by Vinny as if he didn't even exist. They were greeting fans and each other but didn't even acknowledge Vinny as he walked by. I actually felt kind of sorry for him.

At some point Snyder will have to realize that the one constant in the mediocrity over the years is Vinny

I've always said that vinny is the one constant minus the Marty year when Marty actually did this franchise a favor by cutting dead weight and salaries... then Danny Boy hires Cerrato back...

:doh:

It doesn't surprise me. Then again, I don't know how close players really are to personnel guys. I wouldn't be surprised if they get a similar view that people outside the organization do, particularly with the fact that the power has often been elsewhere, but Vinny has been the guy who has had to do the dirty work. There hasn't exactly been a lot of transparency on this team.

In his new role, it will take a lot to get over the perceptions that have built up around him for years.

There was an article in the Post or DC Examiner a while back that discussed players laughing behind Cerrato's back and calling him "the owner's racquetball partner." That ain't good.

What's worse is how other league execs talk about him. I went to the NFL rookie symposium a couple years ago and any mention of his name was always followed with laughter. Apparently getting a call from Redskins park is something every GM looks forward to.

The fact that the players might not be a fan of Cerrato is not a surprise to me.

In fact, I happened to be walking by the player's lot as Cerrato arrived in his BMW for the Eagles game (btw Vinny...you might want to get whatever is hanging down in the front of your ride fixed) and I saw several players arrive at the same time and walk by Vinny as if he didn't even exist. They were greeting fans and each other but didn't even acknowledge Vinny as he walked by. I actually felt kind of sorry for him.

did the fans boo Cerrato the Clown?

There was an article in the Post or DC Examiner a while back that discussed players laughing behind Cerrato's back and calling him "the owner's racquetball partner." That ain't good.

What's worse is how other league execs talk about him. I went to the NFL rookie symposium a couple years ago and any mention of his name was always followed with laughter. Apparently getting a call from Redskins park is something every GM looks forward to.

Great, with Vinny firmly in place we can expect years of mediocrity

We need linemen...

This is a case of "talking loud but saying nothing".

Or if you're "The Monarch"

vb_monarch.jpg

It was all sound and fury signifying nothing.

Why is this coming from Rocky Mountain News?

Because it's an AP article which are carried by newspapers across the country. But then again, it's what also happens when you have a long standing member that's been here 2004 & still doesn't know how to follow Rule #10. So, see, it's not always the n00bs that screw up & end up on NNT.

When the owner backs him up 100%, it's going to be impossible to get rid of someone like Vinny. I have a hard time imagining us getting rid of him anytime soon.

We would have to reach epic fail proportions to have so much pressure on the management to get rid of Vinny, like the Lions with Millen.

Archived