Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If someone says "I'll take them" would you consider your tickets sold?

Ned Flanders

Just an inquiry. Someone was interested in 4 of my tickets, plus parking pass for the Eagles game this weekend. We went back and forth a little, and they "the 'party'" involved said they'd take them.

They've been a member over a year, and I hate calling people out, but dammit, If I <- ME! say I'll take 'em, then dammit, I'll take 'em. What the hell is wrong with people?

just venting

Flanders - welcome to the world of extremeskins classifieds...where:

1) people ***** and complaing about FACE VALUE!

2) say..."I'll take them"...and then back out with some lame ass excuse

3) or say "they are yours"...and suddenly they forgot they promised the tickets to a "friend" and aren't selling them anymore.

When Hall of Fame game tickets went on sale...I needed 4 extra's...someone was selling four extra's....I agreed to pay what they were asking...they said "they are yours"...I ask how he wants the money...paypal?...moneyorder?. Suddenly remembers that he promised them to a friend. Another member on this site (a close friend of mine) sees the same classified and offers this guy money (I wasn't aware we were both PM'ing him) and offers to buy them. He tells my friend that someone has made him an offer but it wasn't firm yet...BUT...if my friend paid him $50 more than what he advertised then the tickets were his. He told the guy...no thanks. I compared notes with my friend and realized that guy was a shady mother ****er.

....and that is why I won't do anymore business on ES.

Speaking as a member, I think these experiences should be made public. If people are pulling dishonest stuff, folks should know about it, and who not to do business with.

At minimum you should tell the moderators. I have no problem putting someone on NNT if they are pulling shenanigans like what RJ desribed above.

Speaking as a member, I think these experiences should be made public. If people are pulling dishonest stuff, folks should know about it, and who not to do business with.

At minimum you should tell the moderators. I have no problem putting someone on NNT if they are pulling shenanigans like what RJ desribed above.

In another forum I frequent, we have a thread for the purpose of leaving buyer/seller feedback.

In another forum I frequent, we have a thread for the purpose of leaving buyer/seller feedback.

That's a good idea.

Zoony - I was actually going to copy and paste the PM's from that whole exchange and have my buddy do the same thing....but I looked in my PM box and I already erased them. Oh well....no fun and games with this *******. :(

Flanders - welcome to the world of extremeskins classifieds...where:

1) people ***** and complaing about FACE VALUE!

2) say..."I'll take them"...and then back out with some lame ass excuse

3) or say "they are yours"...and suddenly they forgot they promised the tickets to a "friend" and aren't selling them anymore.

When Hall of Fame game tickets went on sale...I needed 4 extra's...someone was selling four extra's....I agreed to pay what they were asking...they said "they are yours"...I ask how he wants the money...paypal?...moneyorder?. Suddenly remembers that he promised them to a friend. Another member on this site (a close friend of mine) sees the same classified and offers this guy money (I wasn't aware we were both PM'ing him) and offers to buy them. He tells my friend that someone has made him an offer but it wasn't firm yet...BUT...if my friend paid him $50 more than what he advertised then the tickets were his. He told the guy...no thanks. I compared notes with my friend and realized that guy was a shady mother ****er.

....and that is why I won't do anymore business on ES.

That's BS RJ. What assclown pulled that stunt? You and your said friend (Bugs?) are good peeps. You shouldn't let that jackass discourage you from dealing on here.

I've had great experiences on here both buying and selling. Hell, if I sell tix it's usually below face.

Guys & Gals- I went ahead and created a feedback thread in the Classifieds. Post your feedback there. Note the rules of course.

Because I had time, I went ahead and created it. However if the staff thinks its a bad idea, it'll come down. But hopefully it won't. :)

Guys & Gals- I went ahead and created a feedback thread in the Classifieds. Post your feedback there. Note the rules of course.

Because I had time, I went ahead and created it. However if the staff thinks its a bad idea, it'll come down. But hopefully it won't. :)

I just checked it out and it looks good Zoony.

This should keep people in check. Maybe, hopefully.

Durrrr... n/m

EDIT: Whoops, thought we were talking about tickets in general. As to the OP, yes, if an ES'er said they'd take the tickets and I semi knew their reputation then yeah, I'd consider them sold. And if someone screwed me over, I'd make sure that was known so other people wouldn't have to deal with that as well.

While I think what happened to the OP and RJ sucks, I hardly think it's a travesty.

Someone tried to hustle RJ, and the OP had someone crap out on him. Those things happen everyday with items much smaller and bigger than tickets. A ticket transaction is a business deal, and no business deal is done until commodities change hands.

Zoony's new thread is about the only way to rectify these issues since it's impossible to bring transparency to a message board. Ideally people can post in the Classifieds with some confidence that a deal is a deal, or they aren't being hustled. Although with 80,000 strong membership I find that unlikely.

Sorry if I sound like a dick, but other than Zoony no real advice or solutions were being offered up.

Archived