Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Polin And Czabe: Zorn will not be here next year.

BleedinBurgNGold

I don't see it happening. Everyone on here thinks that Zorn will be ousted but in my opinion Dan Snyder will give him another chance because Bill Cowher isn't interested in the job here or wants to come back to coach the Redskins. So everyone needs to get that out of their minds because he isn't the answer either as long as we have Cerrato picking the players. Polin and Czabe are just shooting of their mouth and opinions without one shred of evidence as usual.

I don't see it happening. Everyone on here thinks that Zorn will be ousted but in my opinion Dan Snyder will give him another chance because Bill Cowher isn't interested in the job here or wants to come back to coach the Redskins. So everyone needs to get that out of their minds because he isn't the answer either as long as we have Cerrato picking the players. Polin and Czabe are just shooting of their mouth and opinions without one shred of evidence as usual.

Hopefully he will man up to Snyder next year if he is still here and tell him what the team needs to be successful- aka lineman under the age of 28, and open QB competition

On offense, we have all the same problems we had this year and the year before.

This year and the year before?

The Redskins' offense has been garbage since 1999.

That year, they scored more points per game (27.7) than anyone but the SB Champion Rams.

Since then, the points per game have only gone over 20 twice.

2005 and 2007.

Of course, those were our two playoffs years.

As upset as I am with Zorn right now, I really don't want him leaving unless we can find a superstar coach who knows how to take a team to the Super Bowl...

That being said, I say Snyder fires Zorn, Blache, Sherman Smith, Danny Smith, Stump...etc and hires himself to coach the entire team...

At least when our team finally does get to the Super Bowl, we will 100% deserve it...

Here's the solution: beef up the lines, make a change at QB, and BOOM!!! You have a Redskins team that can once again compete. It ain't the coach, it ain't the play-calling. It's a mediocre QB (see Andre Ware, David Klingler, Jeff George, Tony Banks, etc) that doesn't have the moxy to find receivers and that cannot put the ball in the endzone, it's a pass-rush that doesn't exist, and it's an O-line that has gotten very old.

Here's the solution: beef up the lines, make a change at QB, and BOOM!!! You have a Redskins team that can once again compete. It ain't the coach, it ain't the play-calling. It's a mediocre QB (see Andre Ware, David Klingler, Jeff George, Tony Banks, etc) that doesn't have the moxy to find receivers and that cannot put the ball in the endzone, it's a pass-rush that doesn't exist, and it's an O-line that has gotten very old.

We have four picks in the entire draft and limited cap room.

How much of that do you think Vinny is going to use on the trenches?

I can see it now.

Predictions --

Zorn fired.

Vinny -- who was bragging about Zorn being his hire when the skins were 6-2 -- somehow keeps his job.

The first coach to agree that JC is a pro bowl qb in the making gets the job. It will probably be Fassel, who will now agree to anything as long as it gets him a HC gig.

JC gets extension.

Draft day comes and Cerrato takes more skill players. Uses his trusty "the linemen available weren't rated high on our draft board" excuse.

On offense, we have all the same problems we had this year and the year before.

Rinse, repeat.

This is the most depressing thing I've ever read (thanks Hooper ;) )...and that's not the worst part. This can and could very well happen.

czabe predicted this at the beginning of zman's tenure before we took the field in any form. he is notorious for bad predictions. he picked the rays to beat the phillies in a sweep and the skins would destroy the giants on ST's induction. typical czabe bull****!

Don't try to beat the filters. Thanks.

Holy crap people! Get a grip. This is this guys first season as a HC. It would be one of the stupidest moves ever to fire him at this point. People you need to weather your expectations just a bit. We have to be the most impatient fans in the league. Say we did, fire Zorn and then bring in a new coach. What happens if he has, let's say, 4-12 season. Do we fire him too? You can't just fire someone just because things didn't work out as planned. Sometimes you have to realize that in order to get better, you have to stay the course and persevere through the hard times. Imagine if JJ had've fired Jimmy Johnson on his first year where the went 1-15. Probably wouldn't have had back to back SBs. So everybody just chill out, geez!

Snyder has run out of options at this point. I personally can't see him running Zorn out of town and going to get another ordinary run-of-the-mill coach that generates no hype around NFL circles.

If anything, doing so and running the risk that the new guy fails only does what Danny has been a master of avoiding over the years. That is, have all blame for the demise of the franchise fall directly on his shoulders.

Yes, Mr. Snyder has tried everything...he's hired a reputable veteran coach in Schottenheimer, he's hired the king of the college coaching ranks, he hired the Hall-of-Famer. Now he tried something different with Zorn - bringing in the fresh new face on the NFL coaching scene. While each move prior to Zorn helped Snyder re-establish good will with an angered fanbase to an extent, they all put total responsibility squarely on the coach's shoulders. All the while, Snyder got mulligan after mulligan, as he was seen as trying to do what was best for the wellbeing of the franchise.

Basically, the only option out there that again would unfortunately establish a mulligan system amongst alot of the fanbase towards Mr. Snyder is the hiring of Cowher. If he can't get him, Zorn stays for another year, likely struggles due to roster issues, and at the end of the day, Dan will say, "hey, he couldn't get it right in two years - I was patient - his fault!" and shows him the door.

Anything other than that (e.g. another low profile coach or hot assistant) and Snyder basically commits to taking the brunt of the blame for the demise of the franchise.

Call me a fool, but I don't think we'll see the day where that happens.

Dan Snyder has learned two things really well in his time as Redskins' owner:

a. How to make money.

b. How to escape criticism.

Sure, I appreciate that he cares about the team like other passionate fans do. I can't accept the fact that he weasels his way out of taking responsibility during tough times.

Being a true face of the franchise requires admitting your faults, recognizing your deficiencies and shortcomings, and being a man by being willing to correct your faults.

Mr. Snyder has shown NO maturity in this regard.

I agree with this, any coach other than Cowher would have him roasted on these boards and in the media. The move for Cowher would even make me accept Zorn as just a failed experiment.

But I have a feeling that if Zorn is fired, Fassel will finally get his shot.

While I have serious doubts that Zorn will ever be the leader he needs to be successful as an HC, leadership can be learned. So I would prefer he get another year or two. I mean if he still sucks, maybe we should keep our high draft picks and build a young foundation that the NEXT coach can win with.

They've flipped flopped on this every week for the past month. Polin has said that Zorn may go if he loses the last three. Czabe agreed but halfheartedly. They don't know just like none of us know. It's all speculation and quite frankly they'd be the last people to know.

I have a feeling that someone else's head is on the chopping block. Snyder is fed up people. I feel it, and when he made this hire, it didn't feel like a stopgap or a temporary thing. I can't wait, but I think that we're way off on this one. Vinny has done some good things but if anybody should be the fall guy, it should obviously be him. With the draft issues and the radio program and the lack of youth on the roster right now, he'd have to be the first to go.

If Cowher comes, then I see Vinny gone and Zorn gone (obviously). I just have this feeling that there are going to be no changes made this year unless Cowher is crazy enough to take this job. It'll be three to five years before you see results from anything he gets his hands on. Hell, with no Big Ben, he'd still be fishing for a ring IMO. What qualifies him as a talent evaluator? Was he essentially the coach/GM in Pittsburgh?

If this proves true, then its no coincidence that JC will continue to struggle as a player. That this management will cause this team to repeat mistakes over and over again. The inmates will begin to run the asylum.

Note to management: If this proves true, then you might as well blow up the team. Trade veterans and rebuild the team through the draft because that is what Cowher will want to do. Since he seems to be the new buzz word around ES.

If this proves true, it'll further cement the popular thought that Snyder is interested in buying a championship instead of earning it. I just don't see how firing Zorn is going to be a good thing. :helmet:

That would set the franchise back even further...trade Campbell too then...cause he'll be starting over again.

you all need to stop thinking that this team is a super bowl contender, were not, many of our players are aging and past their prime.

We need a new O-line, and new D-line. Fletcher isn't getting any younger and other than rocky we don't have any promising LBs, Blades may be good but we don't know yet.

Our secondary is set for many years with hall (as long as he stays), rogers, landry, and horton....but springs is probably out the door next year to make space for hall and smoot doesn't have much left in the tank since he is still getting burned by amani toomer and his lack of a tackling ability led to housh's game sealing first down against the bungals.

Portis/Moss aren't getting any younger, sellers is definitely hitting the end of his prime....devin/malcolm are both question marks although I really think both will make solid NFL wrs. Randle el is pretty much a bum and thrash can barely run a route anymore (he has to be the worst #3 wr in the league, after attending 6 games this season I don't think I have seen a WR make slower cuts or never get open)

TE is our best position with cooley and fred davis, although fred is young and there are still question marks with him, cooley is a stud and if fred can even be decent we can run plenty of two TE sets.

What I am trying to say is this....

Firing zorn won't set us back, now is the time to make the decision on which coach we think can rebuild this team and lead it to the promise land in the next 5-6 years.

In relation to JC, I personally don't think he is the answer. I am tired of all the stupid well look at Eli's numbers after his 2nd season and all this and that...for every eli there is a david carr. The comparisons are stupid. For every heath shuler there is a peyton manning, so lets ignore comparisons. I don't believe he has the tools to devlop, he doesn't make the right decisions, he misses open players downfield, he is afraid to throw deep, and he can't make a touch pass (Go to a game and watch moss/devin when they run deeper routes....JC never throws it to them he checks down too much, it makes me feel like I'm watching mark brunell volume 2).

I say get the coach you want, and go with Todd next year (JC is in a contract year next year and unless you want to pay him to be our QB of the future and if he doesn't work out, which doesn't seem likely at this point, then our team is set back even further....\I would personally play colt against san fran to see if he has any chance of being a QB in the NFL, if colt has the talent to be a QB in the league (I think he could be a Jay Cutler gunslinger style QB) then let todd play next year, he will be a kerry collins like QB, he won't win you games every week but he won't lose you many games either and that's what we need, let colt develop behind him for a year and if we think colt can be the QB of the future hand the helm to him in 2010, if not then look to land another QB in the 2010 draft and let todd run the team for one more season.

If this proves true, then its no coincidence that JC will continue to struggle as a player. That this management will cause this team to repeat mistakes over and over again. The inmates will begin to run the asylum.

Note to management: If this proves true, then you might as well blow up the team. Trade veterans and rebuild the team through the draft because that is what Cowher will want to do. Since he seems to be the new buzz word around ES.

If this proves true, it'll further cement the popular thought that Snyder is interested in buying a championship instead of earning it. I just don't see how firing Zorn is going to be a good thing. :helmet:

i love coaches that are too stubborn to change their scheme or play calling :doh:

If Zorn goes, then Vinny needs the heave ho. If Fassel is hired I will do everything possible to make sure Dweezil is gone a year later. Vinny is the one constant a moron and Arrogant SOB who should not have a job and only avoided the spotlight because Matt Millen was still employed, he is Matt Millen part 2 and needs to be fired

Weren't these some of the same idiots who said we would hire Jim Fassel, no... Steve Marriuci... no Bill Cowher... no Dave Spagnolo... no... Jim Schwartz...

:bsflag:

Why in the world would you doubt that Snyder may pull the plug after seeing what he did with Marty?

Archived