Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Polin And Czabe: Zorn will not be here next year.

BleedinBurgNGold

This is not what they hope (or me for that matter) but they see the writing on the wall. I also believe this may happen depending on what happens the last 2 games. For all of you in the DC are and know who these two are, It surprises me that Andy would also jump on this saying he believes Zorn is gone. I think its a bad move. Management is our Issue, Give Zorn another year.

Although that First and Goal from the friggin 1 yrd line series is tough to swallow. :doh:

Thoughts?

might as well ship everybody else as well.

one caller on john thompson show talked about what portis said about how hard they played and gave it their all..... and the caller said " well if they gave it their all and played hard , and still losing, that should tell them they are mediocre at best!" LOL the most logical statement of the year.

i mean they played hard and gave it their best and they still freaking stink. what does that mean. it means, they suck. and he went saying the skins for some reason keep keeping the same core group of players which obviously aint the formula to win it all.

I don't agree with this. I think Zorn gets at least one more year for Snyder. He'd have to get the next coach before he fires Zorn. I don't think anyone who would really make a difference wants this job right now. No way he fires Zorn yet. We'd probably end up with someone worse than Zorn. I don't think Zorn is terrible, but he needs more than one year to get a feel for the HC position. He will do some evaluation over the offseason and will be a better overall coach next year.

I'm not sure if I want Zorn to go. I'd like to see him stay and hire a QB coach so he can focus on the offense.

I know there have been problems with his playcalling but the players are a big part of the problem too.

I guess it will all depend on how we fare in these last two games.

might as well ship everybody else as well.

one caller on john thompson show talked about what portis said about how hard they played and gave it their all..... and the caller said " well if they gave it their all and played hard , and still losing, that should tell them they are mediocre at best!" LOL the most logical statement of the year.

i mean they played hard and gave it their best and they still freaking stink. what does that mean. it means, they suck. and he went saying the skins for some reason keep keeping the same core group of players which obviously aint the formula to win it all.

John Thompson is a jerk. This guy always hangs up on any caller that he doesn't agree with. On guy asked why he didn't have a guy like London Fletcher on, and of course, JT hung up on him

He also will never say a coach is wrong, no matter what

I can see it now.

Predictions --

Zorn fired.

Vinny -- who was bragging about Zorn being his hire when the skins were 6-2 -- somehow keeps his job.

The first coach to agree that JC is a pro bowl qb in the making gets the job. It will probably be Fassel, who will now agree to anything as long as it gets him a HC gig.

JC gets extension.

Draft day comes and Cerrato takes more skill players. Uses his trusty "the linemen available weren't rated high on our draft board" excuse.

On offense, we have all the same problems we had this year and the year before.

Rinse, repeat.

I don't see it happening, not after the way Zorn was brought in. This is Danny's hire (regardless if Vinny was the one that really wanted Zorn) and to fire Zorn would be an admission of a monumentally huge mistake; one I'm sure Danny has way too much pride to admit. More important than that would be the question of succession, who in their right mind would take this job, with this team, with this owner? Answer: no self-respecting, right-minded person (see Fassel, Jim). Certainly, not Bill Cowher.

Besides, after the firings of Norval and Marty, Danny has been far less impetuous. He gave Spurrier more time than he deserved and nearly begged Gibbs back last January.

I just dont think Zorn is cut out to be a head coach right now. I mean I rather him start off the season with the team not looking that great and end up at 5-8 wins or even worst. You can say that the players just need more time to get use to the system , etc. But when you freaking start off at 6-2 and now you're 7-7. You cant coach! You at the goal line and dont give the ball to Portis? Thats just dumb.

John Thompson is a jerk. This guy always hangs up on any caller that he doesn't agree with. On guy asked why he didn't have a guy like London Fletcher on, and of course, JT hung up on him

He also will never say a coach is wrong, no matter what

he was hanging up on almost everybody today. i listen to him when i dont have anything to do around that time but yeah, his show sucks. if B mitch wasnt on it and he still had a show, i would be shocked!

Snyder has run out of options at this point. I personally can't see him running Zorn out of town and going to get another ordinary run-of-the-mill coach that generates no hype around NFL circles.

If anything, doing so and running the risk that the new guy fails only does what Danny has been a master of avoiding over the years. That is, have all blame for the demise of the franchise fall directly on his shoulders.

Yes, Mr. Snyder has tried everything...he's hired a reputable veteran coach in Schottenheimer, he's hired the king of the college coaching ranks, he hired the Hall-of-Famer. Now he tried something different with Zorn - bringing in the fresh new face on the NFL coaching scene. While each move prior to Zorn helped Snyder re-establish good will with an angered fanbase to an extent, they all put total responsibility squarely on the coach's shoulders. All the while, Snyder got mulligan after mulligan, as he was seen as trying to do what was best for the wellbeing of the franchise.

Basically, the only option out there that again would unfortunately establish a mulligan system amongst alot of the fanbase towards Mr. Snyder is the hiring of Cowher. If he can't get him, Zorn stays for another year, likely struggles due to roster issues, and at the end of the day, Dan will say, "hey, he couldn't get it right in two years - I was patient - his fault!" and shows him the door.

Anything other than that (e.g. another low profile coach or hot assistant) and Snyder basically commits to taking the brunt of the blame for the demise of the franchise.

Call me a fool, but I don't think we'll see the day where that happens.

Dan Snyder has learned two things really well in his time as Redskins' owner:

a. How to make money.

b. How to escape criticism.

Sure, I appreciate that he cares about the team like other passionate fans do. I can't accept the fact that he weasels his way out of taking responsibility during tough times.

Being a true face of the franchise requires admitting your faults, recognizing your deficiencies and shortcomings, and being a man by being willing to correct your faults.

Mr. Snyder has shown NO maturity in this regard.

Archived