Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Barack Obama says he won't smoke cigarettes in the White House: Chicago Tribune

TrumanB

Are right-wingers really in love with Obama? Because they are the only ones that call him "the One" or "the Messiah." It's just...weird.

Seriously, Obama smoking is a non-issue, but hey, we need something to talk about instead of our financial and foreign policy issues, right?

Are right-wingers really in love with Obama? Because they are the only ones that call him "the One" or "the Messiah." It's just...weird.

Just like left-wingers are the only ones making Muslim references?

Seriously, Obama smoking is a non-issue, but hey, we need something to talk about instead of our financial and foreign policy issues, right?

This board is going to drop off dramatically if we can only have one thread at a time.

Eh? Sorry - come again?

This board is going to drop off dramatically if we can only have one thread at a time.

I guess we can start a second thread on his cigarette smoking, but it may be redundant. I mean, it isn't that we can't discuss this issue; I just don't think it is a big deal, as far as him being President. (Of course, rightly so, it's worthy of discussion as far as his personal health is concerned.)

On other sites, folks are saying, "SEE! LIAR! HE SMOKES! I knew that commie Muslim wasn't fit to lead this nation. The One thinks he is God." And so on, and so forth....

So, yeah, the resistance to Obama's Presidency is top-notch and full of dazzling, intellectual arguments. ;)

I don't know if you were addressing me or not Steve, but...

One of two things happened here.

A "Mission Accomplished" banner was flown prematurely.

OR

He lied about a very minor issue.

Neither make me very comfortable, for obvious (recent) reasons.

But maybe I need help anyway. :)

Definitely not addressing you, but the whole thread in general. Some people are taking this way too seriously, and some things are being said that really don't to be. People need to calm down a bit.

:secret:"left-wingers" "make Muslim references" whenever they see "right-wingers" attempting to manufacture a scandal out of nothing.

Like this thread. :)

:secret:They'll probably keep "making Muslim references" for as long as right-wingers keep trying to manufacture scandals out of nothing.

:secret:"left-wingers" "make Muslim references" whenever they see "right-wingers" attempting to manufacture a scandal out of nothing.

That's bull and you know it.

I've been deliberately pointing out (even in pro-Obama threads) when the first "Muslim" post hits, to dispel this very rumor.

Like this thread. :)

That's one man's opinion. :)

:secret:They'll probably keep "making Muslim references" for as long as right-wingers keep trying to manufacture scandals out of nothing.

Maybe you could point me in the direction of another. Scandals? OK, you've got the wingnuts like Hannity out there trying to make the Ayers connection. But in all reality, I simply don't see a movement on behalf of run-of-the-mill conservatives to indict Obama for anything -- real or otherwise -- right now.

Did we disagree with the Hillary choice? Sure. Scandal? Hardly.

Do we support "mission accomplished, I'm a non-smoker?" Nope. Scandal? If you consider my saying that it's not a big deal, then sure.

This isn't about the smoking, Larry. Not at all. But then I don't expect the side that screamed "it's about a BJ" to understand that. :)

Oh, and thanks for acknowledging us peons in your birthday thread too, ya selfish old man. ;):cheers:

Maybe you could point me in the direction of another.

Most recent one I can recall was this one, where I spent about a page with somebody claiming that Obama has lost three elections. (That he wasn't running in.)

Also recalling the folks who pointed out that the Dow fell on the day Obama got elected.

Do we support "mission accomplished, I'm a non-smoker?" Nope. Scandal? If you consider my saying that it's not a big deal, then sure.

I may have missed it, but could you point me at when Obama used those words?

This isn't about the smoking, Larry. Not at all. But then I don't expect the side that screamed "it's about a BJ" to understand that. :)

Oh, I understand. It's because Obama Lied. And the vast liberal media conspiracy.

Although I find the irony of the side that screamed "Bush didn't lie" to be really thick. :)

Oh, and thanks for acknowledging us peons in your birthday thread too, ya selfish old man. ;):cheers:

Actually, I responded to somebody in that thread, via PM. Explaining to him that somehow bumping one's own happy birthday thread seemed wrong to me, so that's why I was responding via PM.

Apologies. I thought it was more polite for me not to respond there.

Most recent one I can recall was this one, where I spent about a page with somebody claiming that Obama has lost three elections. (That he wasn't running in.)

I'll grant ya that one. :doh:

Also recalling the folks who pointed out that the Dow fell on the day Obama got elected.

And that one. :doh:

I may have missed it, but could you point me at when Obama used those words?

No. Because it's my prerogative to complain when people put words in my mouth, but then to turn around and do it to Obama. (But in all seriousness, on Feb 8, he did profess to have quit as I linked to earlier.)

Oh, I understand. It's because Obama Lied. And the vast liberal media conspiracy.

No.

It's about whether he declared a victory he hadn't achieved OR he lied. Those are really the only two conclusions that can be drawn. (Though like I said, this is not a major issue.)

Although I find the irony of the side that screamed "Bush didn't lie" to be really thick. :)

I could care less about Iraq or Gitmo frankly. George Bush's greatest failure was unlawfully spying on you and I. (Credit to you again, you had that one right from the beginning.)

Actually, I responded to somebody in that thread, via PM. Explaining to him that somehow bumping one's own happy birthday thread seemed wrong to me, so that's why I was responding via PM.

Apologies. I thought it was more polite for me not to respond there.

It would be different if you had STARTED the thread. Thanks for grudgingly putting humility aside and accepting our appreciation. :)

Seriously, this is one of the few places I frequent were topic like this can go for 10 pages. And my friends ask me why I come and post here. No wonder I have so few posts in The Stadium. Everyone knows the Tailgate is where the great arguments happen.:cheers:

I kind of miss all the other members that either got banned or don't post here anymore.

Seriously, this is one of the few places I frequent were topic like this can go for 10 pages. And my friends ask me why I come and post here. No wonder I have so few posts in The Stadium. Everyone knows the Tailgate is where the great arguments happen.:cheers:

I kind of miss all the other members that either got banned or don't post here anymore.

:laugh:

I was just thinking the same thing...how in the hell has this gone on for so many pages. I'm just surprised that it was even an article. Who cares if the guy smokes or not. I'm not a fan of his, but do what you want. Also, it's your house for the next 4 years at least, make yourself at home :)

The Stadium, Tailgate, and ATN constitute the main attractions on the famous Extremeskins Retard Preserve.

Please, as we proceed with the tour, keep your hands inside the trolley, do not shout or yell at the inhabitants, and remember, no smoking.

Wow i didn't know this thread can last 10 pages and also didn't know Obama smoked. It is kind if strange to think or see the president smoking if you ask me. He is supposed to be a role model for everyone and kind of hard to push government healthcare when you are puffing away on a cancer stick :)

Is there a way to get a big one of these -> :doh: made for this thread?

Trying to quit smoking is one of the hardest things to do. I know, I have done it many times... and guess what each time I did I said

"I quit smoking"

In fact... I recently quit smoking... again ;)

To call the man out on after having a relapse is ridiculous. O wait... I know "It isn't a big deal"

Also, Zoony, granted smoking is bad, but I wouldn't say those that are adults that do smok have "given up on life".

Do you know how many people that run our government still smoke? You would be surprised.

It isn't like the man is smoking crack or anything.

Archived