Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clean House(Merged)

GrimReefa

Umm, you're kidding, right?

66.1 career completion percentage, 62 TDs, 9 INTs, probably going to win 3 national championships, won the Heisman as a sophomore, should win it this year (although it will probably go to Bradford, even though Big 12 defenses are a joke), all in the hardest conference in the land.

Tebow is John Elway on steroids.

Dude, Tebow is Alex Smith 2. He's a great college player, but I don't forsee him being a big time NFL QB.

If we were to go with your plan, I'd much rather target Stafford if he doesn't declare this year.

Snyder and Co. have gotten bashed, and rightfully so, in the past for being too quick to throw things away, too impulsive. Yet many of the same people who bash for such impulsive behavior offer up similar solutions when the chips are down.

I'm not offering anything similar to anything that has been done since the advent of The Dan. He has never tried to rebuild, only to replace. And look where we are.

All five starting O-lineman are over 30. Clinton Portis might as well change his name to "Game Time Decision". Both of our top wide receivers are going to turn 30 by the time next season starts. So will Andre Carter and Fred Smoot. And 2 of our starting linebackers are well past 30.

We need to totally rebuild this team, which is a LONG-TERM PLAN.

So is hiring a new, young head coach (Jim Zorn, despite his inexperience, is 55).

You think we have any trade value for you as a fan? I think the Lions are looking, sounds like a good fit for you. :ciao:

Funny you mention the Lions. You know what the first thing the Lions did after they canned old the idiot-in-charge? Traded Roy Williams for half of the Cowboys' draft next year. I couldn't believe that the new Lions regime could be that smart, or that the Cowboys could be that stupid. It just goes to show what a market there is for veterans out there. If the Redskins do not change course soon, Detroit's next playoff appearance will come before ours.

By the way, I love the idea that suggesting that this team needs to alter its course makes me a bad fan. Real classy.

Here's who I would keep:

Defense

D-Line- Evans, Carter, Alexander, Golston, Montgomery, Jackson

Linebacker- London, Rocky, Blades

Corner- Hall, Rogers, Smoot, Tryon

Safeties- Landry, Horton, Moore

Major needs are a three technique DT, a DE, and an OLB. I was back and forth on Taylor, but I'd rather have the cap space we'd have but releasing him or trading him. (Maybe a trade for 4th/5th round pick??)

Offense

QB- Collins, Colt

RB- Portis, Betts, Sellars

WR- Moss, Devin Thomas, Malcolm Kelly

O-Line- Samuels, Heyer, Rabach, Reinhart, Kendall

TE- Cooley, Davis

Major needs are the right side of the o-line, a change of pace or big back , and a QB....I would trade JC for a pick if we could move him and either start Collins or sign a FA. On the o-line, I'm not a Rabach fan but we cant have 3-4 new starters on the line next season. I would also re-sign Kendall for depth.

We'll have to use free agency this season and we'll have to hope for another trade down....

I think we started a slow rebuild last offseason . the skins jumped the gun and got more wins out the gate than expected causing fans to lose patience. We didnt start rebuilding correctly mind you but as long as teh end result is a superbowl i really dont care how we rebuild I believe it will continue this offseason as well by staying away from the marquee free agenst and sticking to teh draft to fill in holes and theb maybe a smaller free agent signing later in teh year

Umm, you're kidding, right?

66.1 career completion percentage, 62 TDs, 9 INTs, probably going to win 3 national championships, won the Heisman as a sophomore, should win it this year (although it will probably go to Bradford, even though Big 12 defenses are a joke), all in the hardest conference in the land.

Tebow is John Elway on steroids.

Those that think Tebow will be a good NFL QB are the same ones that felt Shuler was going to be a good NFL QB.

They are the same type of player. Also, you do realize that Tebow is running pretty much the exact opposite of a pro style offense at Florida right? He is not an NFL QB.

I'm no expert on the Giants, but I'm pretty sure the Giants weren't getting flagged for illegal shifts and formations in week 14 of his first year.

A coach's record doesn't mean much if the losses can't be traced to bad coaching. But if the team is playing stupid, undisciplined football at the end of the season, that is bad coaching, pure and simple.

I'm going to agree with you here on Zorn. The play tonight that just left me speechless was when Samuels went out because of injury and they brought in some guy that i've never even heard of, that is usually a back up center and specials teams guy and stuck him at left tackle by himself.

What was the result? A Ravens sack. How the hell do you not give the guy help on that play?

That is beyond bad and goes to show that the game is just too fast for Zorn.

This is craziness. btw, the one coach that you didn't mention that DOES need to be fired is Danny Smith. How did you miss that one?

how can you blame danny smith really when most of his special team aces besides RC and KC have been let go. Vital role players from the special teams unit were released and we are suffering.

How can you manage to make solid points about the Skin's need for rebuilding through the draft and focusing on the O and D lines, and then manage to mess the entire concept up by offering up Tim Tebow as the answer? Isn't he a skill position player? Granted, he has alot of heart, and he is a great college player, but, really?? You completely canceled out your entire post as soon as you said Tebow. Unless he can pressure the QB, or protect himself in the pocket.... really?

Its been well reported how close the two are. Vinny has a lot of experience and knowledge, but has shown he is not a good "GM" or whatever you want to call him. I'm not ready to call this year's draft a wash just yet, but you do have to wonder what the **** Vinny was thinking, at least with the Davis pick. There comes a point when you are drafting the best player available when you just go, we don't ****ing need to draft another ****ing receiver.

At any rate, what will it take and how long for Snyder to actually go with a REAL GM!?

Dude.....Come on....seriously?

ummmm, yeah there was not one single logical tidbit of information in your post bud....can people please just learn to be patient?

we don't need to fire Zorn, if he wins 2 more games this year we'll be exactly where we were last year. 3 wins prolly gets us in the playoffs.

You could argue that the offense has been better, people are down on it right now because of all the injurys but imagine a healthy Clinton Portis running behind a healthy O-Line.

Also why would we "fire" our top 3 picks from last years draft?

Tebow? Really?

Lastly your not too bright, but whatever I don't wanna bash you too hard for stating your opinion, your entitled to think however you want, but duuuddeee, come on.

The problem I have is Snyder picked the guy and when Snyder does wake up and does fire vinny, he'll just go and get another fool that will probably be exactly like vinny. Snyder has a win NOW mentality and doesn't understand how to build a good team. So even if they kick vinny out it won't change how Snyder runs this team.

Archived