Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clean House(Merged)

GrimReefa

OP, i agree with you on trading the older guys, sans portis. hes still an asset to this team, as well as these younger guys can be. thomas and kelly are coming along, even if they are never #1s, they could easily be our 2 and 3 guys, and we could nab a dude like plax (NOT plax, but a guy like him). and firing zorn isnt a good idea, we cant cut ties with the guy that quickly. i honestly think our Oline is completely destroying any ideas he could run on offense. campbell gets killed constantly, and he ran portis in to the ground this season because we cant put teams away without killing the clock.

we need special teams help bad.

we need defensive game changers, something we severely lack.

we need oline badly.

we can fire zorn once we get these things and still dont score points.

We are jumping the gun. I do admit that play calling was weak. Weak as hell. But the Ravens played hard, sound defense. Our o line was terrible and that seems to be the root of the problem. JC had no chance, and if you check out the stats he was sacked 33 times coming into last night's game against Baltimore and there weren't too many ahead of him. I believe he was in the top 5 most sacked qbs this year. I still like the size of the new receivers and they seem to be improving a little bit as they start seeing some playing time. I think the Ravens just wanted it a little more. They were at home and they played hard. But we let another one slip away early take away those two early turnovers-both caused by very poor o line play, and it would have been a tie game. I thought the defense played pretty well. I feel sorry for them. I don't know if the whole line needs replacing i think thats a bit drastic but we need some youth and with Chris Samuels to teach I think the future could be good if we get the right player in place. And perhaps then that would allow coach Zorn to open up that play book a bit more.

My predictions for Danny/Vinny (the Two Headed Monster) and their wonderful 2009draft choices.

-- another WR

-- another TE

-- a small RB

-- a small MLB

-- another punter

-- oh, and maybe a fat OL and a short DT from Ball U. or some I-AA college

-- another WR

Dear GrimREEFER - Can I have some??

Fine, you're out...I can tell by the insaneness of your post.

Are you in any way knowledgeable whatsoever about team dynamics and team building? Well, it doesn't start by continually changing staff, players, etc.

8-8 and 9-7 (for the optimistic fans like me) is what was predicted of this team in the preseason. In fact, that is a very respectable record with a first-year head coach. Did you expect a Superbowl win this year?

Maybe next year if we happen to improve our lines and special teams and STILL are not scoring jack I'll consider firing our coach...but give him a chance, good Lordie.

Furthermore, why the hell are you wanting to fire Kelly, Thomas, and Davis? Jeezos

After this 8-8/9-7 season ends, it is time to finally rebuild. And we can even try doing it right, for a change.

Fire Jim Zorn. The team hasn't improved one iota under this guy. Today, we saw an illegal formation AND an illegal shift (IN WEEK 14!!!), as well as several false starts, a delay of game, a bad challenge, unimaginative playcalling, and an offense full of players who looked like they couldn't wait for the game to end. The guy might have made a good OC, but as a head coach, he is clueless.

Hire Todd Haley. Here is a guy who is 41 years old, has good football pedigree (his dad was director of player personnel for the Pittsburgh Steelers), and has built a very creative and successful offense using two great wide receivers and a bunch of spare parts (raise your hand if you thought Kurt Warner had anything left in the tank 5 years ago, let alone now). As a bonus, he was run out of Dallas after TO, with whom Haley had a very public contentious incident on the sidelines of a game, won his power struggle with Bill Parcells, so he undoubdtedly has a personal grudge there.

Fire Vinny Cerrato. Devin Thomas, Malcolm Kelly, Fred Davis. Enough said.

Hire anybody from the front office of one of the organizations that does things right. New England, New York, Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, Carolina, even Tampa Bay or Baltimore. Somebody from one of those organizations has to have learned something and could surely provide an eye for talent that the current "brain trust" does not have.

Trade everybody over 26 who will be taken. CP without a doubt. Ladell Betts. Santana Moss. Chris Samuels. I'd say Randle El but nobody but nobody would take that preposterous contract off of our hands. Jon Jansen we'll just have to take out and shoot. Nobody who is currently in/past their prime is of any use to this team and what we need to accomplish. And cut everyone else over that age that you possibly can. I want an army of draft picks this year, and a flood of rookies playing next season. And speaking of the draft...

BUILD FROM THE INSIDE OUT. This is a rare instance where conventional wisdom happens to be true. The entire offensive and defensive lines are old and need replacing. Especially the offensive line. This can be done in 2 or 3 drafts, but the longer we put it off, the more time we're wasting. No more using three second rounders on pass catchers. Put the early picks to work on the lines - the game is won in the trenches. And it's not won with old fogies who provide more nostalgia than production.

Don't worry about wins and losses next year. In fact, the more losses the better. If we can manage to lose 14 or so, we can nab Tebow.

If we get to work this offseason, we can have a winning team by 2011, and a championship copntender soon afterwards. But we have to bite the bullet and suffer through some lean years, or we'll be the same 6-10 win team every year.

Yeah right.

Look at your own post.

Using the draft to potentially replace our undersized receivers and even you don't have the patience and demand instant gratification.

We need linemen on both sides of the ball and should go heavy in the draft and freeagency for them.

The sad thing is that DS wants to win just as much or more than any owner in the NFL. He just goesabout it the wrong way. Too bad we couldn't do like the Dolphins did in getting a real football guy like Parcells calling the shots.

AGREED If Snyder does not see what is going on in Miami then he truly deserves the losing. Miami a cluster screw up and in 1 year 1 YEAR they get a competent football guy in charge and boom they turn it around overnight. Meanwhile in DC Danny and Vinny lovefest continues and the team stinks

Umm, you're kidding, right?

66.1 career completion percentage, 62 TDs, 9 INTs, probably going to win 3 national championships, won the Heisman as a sophomore, should win it this year (although it will probably go to Bradford, even though Big 12 defenses are a joke), all in the hardest conference in the land.

Tebow is John Elway on steroids.

Tebow is Danny Wuerffel on Steroids.

Synder has a Mini-Me, and it's here in this thread.

If you want to run a football team right, you have to have stable leadership in order for the team to fricking develop. Look at the Giants. Tom Coughlin went 6-10 his first year. According to your standards, he shouldn've been fired that year and they should've went for another coach.

I've got news for ya, most first-year head coaches don't win a Super Bowl their first year.

Yeah, but most make changes. Tell me ONE change Zorn has made in the Dallas, Giants, Steelers, or Ravens game? ONE CHANGE?

Nothing. Zip. Zero. Is he that stupid that he thinks his offense will work? Fire that clown.

After this 8-8/9-7 season ends, it is time to finally rebuild. And we can even try doing it right, for a change.

Fire Jim Zorn. The team hasn't improved one iota under this guy. Today, we saw an illegal formation AND an illegal shift (IN WEEK 14!!!), as well as several false starts, a delay of game, a bad challenge, unimaginative playcalling, and an offense full of players who looked like they couldn't wait for the game to end. The guy might have made a good OC, but as a head coach, he is clueless.

Hire Todd Haley. Here is a guy who is 41 years old, has good football pedigree (his dad was director of player personnel for the Pittsburgh Steelers), and has built a very creative and successful offense using two great wide receivers and a bunch of spare parts (raise your hand if you thought Kurt Warner had anything left in the tank 5 years ago, let alone now). As a bonus, he was run out of Dallas after TO, with whom Haley had a very public contentious incident on the sidelines of a game, won his power struggle with Bill Parcells, so he undoubdtedly has a personal grudge there.

Fire Vinny Cerrato. Devin Thomas, Malcolm Kelly, Fred Davis. Enough said.

Hire anybody from the front office of one of the organizations that does things right. New England, New York, Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, Carolina, even Tampa Bay or Baltimore. Somebody from one of those organizations has to have learned something and could surely provide an eye for talent that the current "brain trust" does not have.

Trade everybody over 26 who will be taken. CP without a doubt. Ladell Betts. Santana Moss. Chris Samuels. I'd say Randle El but nobody but nobody would take that preposterous contract off of our hands. Jon Jansen we'll just have to take out and shoot. Nobody who is currently in/past their prime is of any use to this team and what we need to accomplish. And cut everyone else over that age that you possibly can. I want an army of draft picks this year, and a flood of rookies playing next season. And speaking of the draft...

BUILD FROM THE INSIDE OUT. This is a rare instance where conventional wisdom happens to be true. The entire offensive and defensive lines are old and need replacing. Especially the offensive line. This can be done in 2 or 3 drafts, but the longer we put it off, the more time we're wasting. No more using three second rounders on pass catchers. Put the early picks to work on the lines - the game is won in the trenches. And it's not won with old fogies who provide more nostalgia than production.

Don't worry about wins and losses next year. In fact, the more losses the better. If we can manage to lose 14 or so, we can nab Tebow.

If we get to work this offseason, we can have a winning team by 2011, and a championship copntender soon afterwards. But we have to bite the bullet and suffer through some lean years, or we'll be the same 6-10 win team every year.

It would be a whole lot easier to just fire the problem - JC.

Archived