Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clean House(Merged)

GrimReefa

After this 8-8/9-7 season ends, it is time to finally rebuild. And we can even try doing it right, for a change.

Fire Jim Zorn. The team hasn't improved one iota under this guy. Today, we saw an illegal formation AND an illegal shift (IN WEEK 14!!!), as well as several false starts, a delay of game, a bad challenge, unimaginative playcalling, and an offense full of players who looked like they couldn't wait for the game to end. The guy might have made a good OC, but as a head coach, he is clueless.

Hire Todd Haley. Here is a guy who is 41 years old, has good football pedigree (his dad was director of player personnel for the Pittsburgh Steelers), and has built a very creative and successful offense using two great wide receivers and a bunch of spare parts (raise your hand if you thought Kurt Warner had anything left in the tank 5 years ago, let alone now). As a bonus, he was run out of Dallas after TO, with whom Haley had a very public contentious incident on the sidelines of a game, won his power struggle with Bill Parcells, so he undoubdtedly has a personal grudge there.

Fire Vinny Cerrato. Devin Thomas, Malcolm Kelly, Fred Davis. Enough said.

Hire anybody from the front office of one of the organizations that does things right. New England, New York, Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, Carolina, even Tampa Bay or Baltimore. Somebody from one of those organizations has to have learned something and could surely provide an eye for talent that the current "brain trust" does not have.

Trade everybody over 26 who will be taken. CP without a doubt. Ladell Betts. Santana Moss. Chris Samuels. I'd say Randle El but nobody but nobody would take that preposterous contract off of our hands. Jon Jansen we'll just have to take out and shoot. Nobody who is currently in/past their prime is of any use to this team and what we need to accomplish. And cut everyone else over that age that you possibly can. I want an army of draft picks this year, and a flood of rookies playing next season. And speaking of the draft...

BUILD FROM THE INSIDE OUT. This is a rare instance where conventional wisdom happens to be true. The entire offensive and defensive lines are old and need replacing. Especially the offensive line. This can be done in 2 or 3 drafts, but the longer we put it off, the more time we're wasting. No more using three second rounders on pass catchers. Put the early picks to work on the lines - the game is won in the trenches. And it's not won with old fogies who provide more nostalgia than production.

Don't worry about wins and losses next year. In fact, the more losses the better. If we can manage to lose 14 or so, we can nab Tebow.

If we get to work this offseason, we can have a winning team by 2011, and a championship copntender soon afterwards. But we have to bite the bullet and suffer through some lean years, or we'll be the same 6-10 win team every year.

Not sure about firing Zorn...I would hate to see Marty S. pt. II.

Would love to see Vinny go...that hasn't happened yet why would it now?

I am frustrated and tierd of thinking that this team has finally turned a corner only to find out it is marching into a dark alley.

Synder has a Mini-Me, and it's here in this thread.

If you want to run a football team right, you have to have stable leadership in order for the team to fricking develop. Look at the Giants. Tom Coughlin went 6-10 his first year. According to your standards, he shouldn've been fired that year and they should've went for another coach.

I've got news for ya, most first-year head coaches don't win a Super Bowl their first year.

you guys are too emotional

and how are you gonna say fire Zorn? look around the league it takes a couple years to build a team. lmao at you guys thinking you know football. football is in the entertainment business, if your not entertained dont watch. i am excited for the future of this team, Thomas,Kelly,Davis nuff said.

You had me till Tebow

Umm, you're kidding, right?

66.1 career completion percentage, 62 TDs, 9 INTs, probably going to win 3 national championships, won the Heisman as a sophomore, should win it this year (although it will probably go to Bradford, even though Big 12 defenses are a joke), all in the hardest conference in the land.

Tebow is John Elway on steroids.

66.1 career completion percentage, 62 TDs, 9 INTs, probably going to win 3 national championships, won the Heisman as a sophomore, should win it this year (although it will probably go to Bradford, even though Big 12 defenses are a joke), all in the hardest conference in the land.

Slow delivery. Ok arm. Throws a far too many ducks

With the weapons he has on that team, and the scheme, he is the perfect QB for Meyer

Great college player. I just don't see him as an NFL star in particular in a WCO.

You look at the Gators passing O, its deep ball or crossing routes after the run has been set up.

He's not a NFL QB.

Do we have any other choice? this team is OLD and it's time for change :(

I'm not disagreeing with you some changes need to be made...I just don't trust Vinny to do the job.

It's kind of like giving a monkey a loaded gun in a room with a leaking propane tank.

I'm no expert on the Giants, but I'm pretty sure the Giants weren't getting flagged for illegal shifts and formations in week 14 of his first year.

A coach's record doesn't mean much if the losses can't be traced to bad coaching. But if the team is playing stupid, undisciplined football at the end of the season, that is bad coaching, pure and simple.

I'm not disagreeing with you some changes need to be made...I just don't trust Vinny to do the job.

It's kind of like giving a monkey a loaded gun in a room with a leaking propane tank.

I hear ya, but Vinny is going to be here since "Mr. Snyder" is in love with him so we have to hope for the best :doh:

HAHAHAHAHAH Cut Thomas, Kelly and Davis?

You sir are a friggin joke!

You sir did not read my post. Nowhere does it say to cut those players. In fact, we'll have no choice but to keep them, if he get rid of our other receivers, which is, in fact, what I DID say.

Nice try, but...

FAIL.

I hear ya, but Vinny is going to be here since "Mr. Snyder" is in love with him so we have to hope for the best :doh:

Agreed

I thought we had something pretty good with Marty S things were looking up... and then Dan decided he wanted to have fun again...DAMN it I hate always blaming him for this but in the last 9 years he has been the one constant.

Im ready for a us to get the BEAST RB who will eventually be Portis's replacement. I want Portis to be our starter next year, but we need to replace Betts. He's not the problem, but he's hit his ceiling, he will never be better then what he already is for us. And I like Cartwright to, but its time for him to go to. He's served his time.

I like Zorn, but Im ready for him to go as well. Nothin against him, I just dont know if I have the stomach and patience to sit back and watch him learn how to be a head coach. We need a seasoned head coach on the sidelines. And who is our offensive coordinator, is it Stump Mitchell? I know he is the RB coach also. He needs to go to.

Archived