Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clean House(Merged)

GrimReefa

Zorn doesn't need to go anywhere. I agree that Cerrato probably has too much leverage and decision making capibility, and some changes should be made there (either with his way of thinking, or a new VP all-together).

People complained about Coach Gibbs vanilla play calls, and seemingly, Zorn's playcalling has headed down that road too. In my opinion, the coaches aren't the problem, they are calling plays based on the confidence they have in their players. You have to call plays that your players can execute; and if the play calling seems mediocre, well, then the players executing the plays are mediocre. Obviously there are All-Pro players on this team, but the entire team cannot ride on the backs of the Portis', Fletchers, Cooleys, etc.

You're absolutly right about the need for change, but as I see it, only with the players executing the plays. And if someone is bringing in the wrong players, well then that guy needs to change too. Let's keep Casserly in mind though. He got run out of Houston for drafting Williams instead of Bush a couple of years ago. In hindsight, that was a terrific move.

What was the bad challenge? I thought both challenges were very good challenges. Giving Baltimore 5 extra yards on a phantom fumble could have come back and hurt us at the end. Hypothetically, If the D held and Stover had to kick from 50 instead of 45 and missed, you would have been saying thank god for that challenge at the end. And the Portis "fumble" wasn't even close. I don't know how we have replay and they still missed it.

Archived