Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My Favorite Drunk

Jumbo

I had a funny feeling that it was about Foster Brooks. What happened to the days when we had these great jokes and all the fun? I miss it.

Me too BB, and it isn't just waxing nostalgic. Those Dean Martin and Friar's Club roasts were great...and the work of many of the classic stand up comedians pre-Carlin/Pryor (two of my all time faves of course) who were hysterical and creative are hard to find...awarenss of the early sketch shows and their brilliance is known to an increasingly smaller audience...this is defintely NOT to say that the great stuff of more current times isn't great and creative indeed...it would just be cool if all of it was more accessible and known, as is more the case with musical recordings, for instance.

I used to love that guy. Over thanksgiving I caught a few Mork and Mindy re-runs for nostalgia's sake and he had a guest spot in one. Brought back memories.

:notworthy

Did you ever see the episodes when Rickles guested with Don Adams on Get Smart? OLSx10

And then the out-takes that for months afterwards they'd bring to the Tonight Show and the three of them (with Johnny) cracking up over showing the stuff they had to cut out? Good times. :)

Wow.

I had no idea you were 87 years old.

I don't look a day over 70 mother****er.

Absolutely, Brooks had only the one shtick (that worked well--had other routines but didn't hit on them) but he was fantastic at it and made his material fit so the actual routine had a lot of good situation-specific jokes each time he did it.

Did you ever see the episodes when Rickles guested with Don Adams on Get Smart? OLSx10

And then the out-takes that for months afterwards they'd bring to the Tonight Show and the three of them (with Johnny) cracking up over showing the stuff they had to cut out? Good times. :)

No! Holy crap that must have been funny!

Archived