Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Help me pick a new Cell phone

ljs

I thought there was a thread on this, but only found for digital cameras.

Anyway, I'm set for an upgrade on Monday and really need some help figuring out what kind of phone I want. I'm thinking something of the blackberry type.

I text A LOT...and would like to be able to check email from my new phone. I don't play games or download music. I also use my phone for pictures.

Here are some I've been considering.( I Have ATT service)

Blackberry 8700 or 8820?

Blackberry Pearl

Blackjack

LG Invision

Samsum Propel

Samsun Epix

Motorola Q9H Global

Palm centro

I'm not really diggin on the iphone...but if you can convince me...

Thanks anyone and all for your ideas or suggestions.

8830 Curve Crackberry here.

Sprint's NFL Live app works on Blackberry whether or not you have their service. Last night I was watching Raiders/Chanrgers game on my phone while killing the last hour at work.

iphone Hands down.

Just go to an AT&T store and try it. Text is a breeze. Email is just like your computer, thousands of aps available and THE best screen on any phone and regular updates keep making it better. It's really a no brainer.

I think texting sucks on the iphone. I must have accidently hit the wrong letter about 20 times on the touch screen.

I'm happy with my G1.

If you have At&T get the iphone. It's the best phone they have. In fact the only phone I'd even consider getting other than an iphone on ANY network is the new touchscreen blackberry (which is better than the iphone, because it's a blackberry and they are better at making phones for business).

Seriously plastic buttons are out dated tech. Harder to clean and can't be customized to the program. Touch screen is the way to go.

If you have At&T get the iphone. It's the best phone they have. In fact the only phone I'd even consider getting other than an iphone on ANY network is the new touchscreen blackberry (which is better than the iphone, because it's a blackberry and they are better at making phones for business).

Seriously plastic buttons are out dated tech. Harder to clean and can't be customized to the program. Touch screen is the way to go.

This is why I like the google phone. Touch screen AND keypad. Best of both worlds. Plus I think the tracking ball helps a lot.

whatever cell phone it is better make my calls and texts a priority.

thats all im gonna say. :)

oh you know it! :silly:

A lot of peopel are saying the iphone...a guy at work just got the new touch screen, slim down version. Its' pretty cool. Where you can turn it sideways and the screen automatically adjusts.

I'd use it more for personal than work, but I do need a phone where I can access my work email during off hours. (yes I AM that important.)

Thanks for all the input. I'm going to check some phones out more this weekend and I'll give the iphone more thought.

oh you know it! :silly:

A lot of peopel are saying the iphone...a guy at work just got the new touch screen, slim down version. Its' pretty cool. Where you can turn it sideways and the screen automatically adjusts.

I'd use it more for personal than work, but I do need a phone where I can access my work email during off hours. (yes I AM that important.)

Thanks for all the input. I'm going to check some phones out more this weekend and I'll give the iphone more thought.

I don't have the iPhone but I do have the iPod Touch and have used iPhones before (same operating system so essentially the same thing without the phone).

As far as using email it is hands down the best phone for that. If you want to access email for work just set up a Gmail account and you can have mail from any email account, whether its from Verizon to Yahoo, to that one central Gmail account. The only downside is that if you want to send mail from it you will have xxxx@gmail.com show up instead of the account you want. So if you have a Cox email account people may get confused because when you send mail it will have the gmail.com tag. There is a way to get rid of it but you would have to actually set up your email on the phone with the incoming and outgoing server, which is VERY tepermental.

Other than that the phone is tremendous. The best features you could ask for in one, MP3 capabilities, video, Wi-Fi, 3G, apps, ect. If you are willing to pay a good bit of money for the phone then go for it. If not then go with a Blackberry because they are very reliable like a previous poster said and the second best phone for business.

:2cents:

I don't have the iPhone but I do have the iPod Touch and have used iPhones before (same operating system so essentially the same thing without the phone).

As far as using email it is hands down the best phone for that. If you want to access email for work just set up a Gmail account and you can have mail from any email account, whether its from Verizon to Yahoo, to that one central Gmail account. The only downside is that if you want to send mail from it you will have xxxx@gmail.com show up instead of the account you want. So if you have a Cox email account people may get confused because when you send mail it will have the gmail.com tag. There is a way to get rid of it but you would have to actually set up your email on the phone with the incoming and outgoing server, which is VERY tepermental.

Other than that the phone is tremendous. The best features you could ask for in one, MP3 capabilities, video, Wi-Fi, 3G, apps, ect. If you are willing to pay a good bit of money for the phone then go for it. If not then go with a Blackberry because they are very reliable like a previous poster said and the second best phone for business.

:2cents:

I have my work email on my iphone and it's not through my gmail account.

Archived