Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Campbell Is Pressured From Every Angle

jivelikenice

Right, because you can see his eyes moving around in his helmet because you're superman?

Just because he isn't moving his head from one side of the field doesn't mean he isn't looking another way.

Yeah and the fact that Zorn has said JC no longer locks onto targets anymore.. Lets believe that moron from a forum and ignore the words of our knowledgeable head coach.. That's always fun ;p

I'm glad Jason is tough, and not a dandelion like Alex Smith or Joey Harrington.

He'll do everything he can to prepare, get better and try to help our team win, no matter what the media or fans say about him.

That said, the thing that jumps out at me from the article . . . Fred Davis can't learn the playbook???

I'm sorry but a 4-year starter at USC who played in a pro system, won the Mackey award and was a 2nd round pick, CAN'T LEARN AN NFL PLAYBOOK????

Is it written in sandskrit? I mean seriously, it's been 5 preseason games and 12 regular season games. You're no longer a rookie. We need you to move ahead of Todd Yoder and help us score some damn points.

"People are really getting absurd with the stuff they're saying right now," Campbell said. "I'm the quarterback of this team, and I work hard to prepare myself and be a leader. You can't tell anything about how much someone cares about their job, about what's going on, from watching them on TV on the sideline. I'm not going to jump around and run around shouting at guys just to put on a show. That's not me.

"And throwing downfield -- people think I don't want to go downfield? I have a strong arm and I don't want to go downfield? I love to throw the ball downfield, but you just can't throw it downfield when there's nothing there. If you do that, then you're just asking for trouble. So, what, I'm just supposed to throw the ball up in double coverage? Then they're saying, 'Now, he just throws the ball up in double coverage.' It's a no-win situation. You just can't start throwing the ball up blindly and just throwing the ball up for grabs. That's why I'm saying, people are getting absurd."

This man has fire. I agree with everything he says here. "People" would be some of you folks on this board.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...254&s_pos=list

"I don't have a lot of touchdown passes, I know that," Campbell said. "I would love to have 20 touchdown passes right now, not because I want the stats, that's not what I care about, but I want us to score more points. But you can't throw touchdowns if guys are not open. It doesn't work like that."

At least on three separate occasions he calls out the receivers like this for not getting open; the same teammates who have said nothing negative about him to the media. Yes, they're not always open but he has missed wide open receivers plenty of times as well. This excuse filled article infuriated me and has me more convinced that this is not the guy who will LEAD this team. Instead of accepting responsibility for what he can do better, he's blaming receivers to the media for not getting open. HOW WOULD YOU KNOW WHEN YOU LOOK TO ONLY ONE SIDE OF THE FIELD!!??? Look at gamess from this year. His head stays locked onto half the field 90% of the time.....

The drama begins. Colt will be leading this team soon. And if he can't do it we'll get someone else who can but this fiasco we have right now is ridiculous.

At least on three separate occasions he calls out the receivers like this for not getting open; the same teammates who have said nothing negative about him to the media. Yes, they're not always open but he has missed wide open receivers plenty of times as well. This excuse filled article infuriated me and has me more convinced that this is not the guy who will LEAD this team. the field 90% of the time.....

I think you are reading more into this article then I am.

I really can't believe when people look at this team and most recently the Giants game, they look at Jason as 98% of what is wrong with this team. I mentioned in another thread yesterday several things that I see from my stand point wrong with this team. Now for people to look at the Giants game and come away that ason was the main reason they lost is ridiculous. I saw a defense that offered basically no resistance. I saw a O-line that couldn't run or pass block consistently. I saw FG kicker miss an easy kick. I saw James Thrash drop a catch that would've kept a drive alive. I saw a few drops to be honest. I saw the oppsoing Qb have all day to throw unlike jason who was pressured all day to me. I saw CB's who were giving up slants like crazy. I mean after watching that game, how could Jason get 98% of the blame for the Giants game?

"I don't have a lot of touchdown passes, I know that," Campbell said. "I would love to have 20 touchdown passes right now, not because I want the stats, that's not what I care about, but I want us to score more points. But you can't throw touchdowns if guys are not open. It doesn't work like that."

At least on three separate occasions he calls out the receivers like this for not getting open; the same teammates who have said nothing negative about him to the media. Yes, they're not always open but he has missed wide open receivers plenty of times as well. This excuse filled article infuriated me and has me more convinced that this is not the guy who will LEAD this team. Instead of accepting responsibility for what he can do better, he's blaming receivers to the media for not getting open. HOW WOULD YOU KNOW WHEN YOU LOOK TO ONLY ONE SIDE OF THE FIELD!!??? Look at gamess from this year. His head stays locked onto half the field 90% of the time.....

Dude you're REACHING BAD! He said basically the same thing Jim Zorn said in his presser, and he didn't make any excuses. I think you used this article to have an excuse to start another worthless thread about Jason Campbell, that's what it seems like to me! Which you'll JC bashers have pretty much started numerous threads about this SAME thing!

And How the HECK can you see where he's looking from looking at his helmet on TV? You can look straight in a helmet, and your eyes can go left, right and straight in seconds and it will still look like you're looking in one direction on TV! WOW! Some of you people on here are AMAZING! Go find a more productive hobby that you better understand, because obviously its not football.

RED06

dude you're reaching bad! He said basically the same thing jim zorn said in his presser, and he didn't make any excuses. I think you used this article to have an excuse to start another worthless thread about jason campbell, that's what it seems like to me! Which you'll jc bashers have pretty much started numerous threads about this same thing!

And how the heck can you see where he's looking from looking at his helmet on tv? You can look straight in a helmet, and your eyes can go left, right and straight in seconds and it will still look like you're looking in one direction on tv! Wow! Some of you people on here are amazing! Go find a more productive hobby that you better understand, because obviously its not football.

Red06

touchdown!!!

Dude you're REACHING BAD! He said basically the same thing Jim Zorn said in his presser, and he didn't make any excuses. I think you used this article to have an excuse to start another worthless thread about Jason Campbell, that's what it seems like to me! Which you'll JC bashers have pretty much started numerous threads about this SAME thing!

And How the HECK can you see where he's looking from looking at his helmet on TV? You can look straight in a helmet, and your eyes can go left, right and straight in seconds and it will still look like you're looking in one direction on TV! WOW! Some of you people on here are AMAZING! Go find a more productive hobby that you better understand, because obviously its not football.

RED06

While I agree with you in that the QB`s eyes may be looking in more than one direction, I beleive the QB that moves his head instead of just his eyes is more effective.

Unless he does not want to move the opposing teams safety.

The drama begins. Colt will be leading this team soon. And if he can't do it we'll get someone else who can but this fiasco we have right now is ridiculous.

Says the great talent evaluator Sonny9TD. :rolleyes:

Again, considering Colt hasn't even been mentioned as a possibility of taking over the back-up role - what makes you think Colt is close to "leading" anything but the practice squad?

RED06

1. Zorn is the coach and can call out a player or position.

2. Considering Jason Campbell has only put up 30 points on offense in 1 or 32 career starts, he should only be addressing his own performance, and not the performance of people around him. In his post game presser he said how in essense the missed field goal before half deflated the team and now this? For someone who doesn't call out anybody, he has found a subtle way to do that on a couple of occasions as of late.

3. I was at the past 3 homes games sitting midway up in the endzone and from there you get a good idea of where Campbell is looking. No, its not film, but I'm not basis my comments off of the tv. He starts looking one way and rarely makes it through his progressions or back to the other side of the field. And considering that 1. hishelmet is facing one direction, and 2. the pass also goes in that direction; I doubt that his eyes are looking at the other side of the field. :rolleyes:

I want Campbell to succeed and will be pulling for him, but his play has to improve. Yes, other positions have to step up, but his play is what's going to have to lead the way and spark the o-line and receivers.

This team is like the freaking Titanic of the 2008 NFL season, sinking fast. Where is the team unity and loyality that Gibbs built? Zorn has blamed the WR's and Campbell, Campbell now questions the WR's, Portis has taken a shot at the O-Line twice now, does anyone on here actually think this is the kind of attitude that winning teams are made of? Winners don't whine and complain and this team seems to go through a ton of kleenex now a days.

I like JC, but some of those quotes jumped out at me as pretty whiny. And leaders don't whine. Wah, "I'm getting all the blame" is not something I like to hear from our qb.

And WTF is up with the post going crazy overboard in its defense of Campbell? There's been like five articles defending him the past 48 hours. It's become a message board over there.

We better play better this week. Another one touchdown game on offense and... hell, if Campbell thought the pressure is bad now.

This team is like the freaking Titanic of the 2008 NFL season, sinking fast. Where is the team unity and loyality that Gibbs built? Zorn has blamed the WR's and Campbell, Campbell now questions the WR's, Portis has taken a shot at the O-Line twice now, does anyone on here actually think this is the kind of attitude that winning teams are made of? Winners don't whine and complain and this team seems to go through a ton of kleenex now a days.

I was thinking about this the other day and you're absolutely right. Whether they're insinuating or blatantly calling out teammates our team seems to be hurting itself by playing the blame game. IMHO this will result in either us playing exceptionally well the rest of the way and contending for the last playoff spot OR we will crumble and win 1 or 2 more by the skin of our teeth. Right now with the attitude our team has now I'm unfortunately I'm leaning towards the latter. If we don't make the playoffs I have a feeling the offseason will be a soap opera.

Jason Campbell is a hell of a good guy and a hell of a nice person. He's finding out firsthand just how thankless and tough being a starting QB is in this league. That's why the QB's make the big money- but that doesn't make dealing with criticism any easier.

I hope he's able to simply use it as fuel to get better. Either way, all Redskins fans wish him the best.

U know what I think the Moss at the begiining of the year is not out there anymore. Ever since Detriot, Moss Hammy hasn't been healthy and when his hammy goes Moss doesn't get open. it happened last year too with him. Put in ARE on the other side..he nevr gets open. Also the few times they do get open either JC misses them because he has guys in his face or something else.

God our O stinks right now. What we need is one of these Rookies to step their game up and force 1-1 coverage on moss.

He called out his wr's in this interview. Sad....very sad considering they never call him out like this. Look, I understand we have wr problems just as we have ol problems but please quit denying that JC is making plenty of mistakes himself. Maybe all of this criticism this week will light a fire under him and he'll play well in Baltimore; well see.

Listening to Jason yesterday with Doc and reading that article....I like it. I like his fight. You can hear he is confident in himself that he can lead this team and make the right decisions. I am not sure we would have heard those things last year. Maybe its the offensive system. Maybe our guys are not suited to run that type of offense yet??

Archived