Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Campbell Is Pressured From Every Angle

jivelikenice

Says the great talent evaluator Sonny9TD. :rolleyes:

Again, considering Colt hasn't even been mentioned as a possibility of taking over the back-up role - what makes you think Colt is close to "leading" anything but the practice squad?

Sonny9TD has seen the future and is a spectacular talent evaluator who also knows the difference between football team (dressed players just to keep it simple- Colt Brennan) and practice squad. (not dressed) See Jim Jones and Redskin preseason for answer to your emotional I love Jason no matter what comment concerning Colt leading the practice squad which we all know to be emotional psychobabble of a Jason lover instead of redskin lover. I do love some Redskins.

well since no one outside Redskin park knows the plays, or has access to the coaches tape, to see the entire field (nor knows what to look for on each play) it is kind of dumb and pointless to argue what is happening or going wrong on each play.

Some plays are designed for one half of the field.... is JC running those plays, is he screwing up, is the OL not giving him time to survey the whole field, can he see everything from his head position...

not one person on this board knows the real answer, no matter how much they act like they do.

Quintessential truth unrealized by the majority of the board. It's much more fun to assign blame despite not even knowing the routes or where the play is called, or the hot receiver, etc.

All we really have to go off of is what the coaches and players say. They could be masking stuff for sure, but it's still more credible than the armchair analysts on here.

1. Zorn is the coach and can call out a player or position.

2. Considering Jason Campbell has only put up 30 points on offense in 1 or 32 career starts, he should only be addressing his own performance, and not the performance of people around him. In his post game presser he said how in essense the missed field goal before half deflated the team and now this? For someone who doesn't call out anybody, he has found a subtle way to do that on a couple of occasions as of late.

3. I was at the past 3 homes games sitting midway up in the endzone and from there you get a good idea of where Campbell is looking. No, its not film, but I'm not basis my comments off of the tv. He starts looking one way and rarely makes it through his progressions or back to the other side of the field. And considering that 1. hishelmet is facing one direction, and 2. the pass also goes in that direction; I doubt that his eyes are looking at the other side of the field. :rolleyes:

I want Campbell to succeed and will be pulling for him, but his play has to improve. Yes, other positions have to step up, but his play is what's going to have to lead the way and spark the o-line and receivers.

And I've been to every home game this year as well as 2 away, and I can't tell and I played the game. You would literally have to be on the field to see where he's looking, not from the stands.

You know what, NEVERMIND! Carry on because talking to some of you on this board is pointless

RED06

Didn't Zorn also say that a lot of times when Campbell had time that there was no one to throw to?

Yeah he did. He also said that receivers were havin trouble running the correct routes which makes JC look very off-target with his throws.

In his press conference, Zorn cited one instance where Randle El was supposed to run the route 8 yards and he ran it 11 yards; saying that JC put the ball exactly where it was supposed to be but to the untrained eye, it looked as if the pass was low and behind him.

Not tryin to say that JC is the most accurate passer in the league but evry off-target throw is not all his fault.

I was at the game on Sunday and specifically watched the mid and downfield coverage. I can assure you that there were not a lot of opportunities to throw to an open receiver. Our WR corp needs to fight for better separation, period. They did not match up to the physical nature of the Giants defensive backfield.

:2cents:

I like JC, but some of those quotes jumped out at me as pretty whiny. And leaders don't whine. Wah, "I'm getting all the blame" is not something I like to hear from our qb.

You know who it reminds me of??Mr. #8.

He even went so far as to say in 2005 that the team and he were doing better because of better talent (basically throwing a still very-good Coles who took a dozen hospital balls from Brunell in 2004 and everyone else in traffic.)

Remember how he'd never take blame, just say "we" but then he would sometimes slip and take some individual credit when things went well?

Remember having these exact same articles, posts, flame wars in previous years and we discovered that--INDEED--sometimes it IS the QB, even if other elements are not perfect?

He called out his wr's in this interview. Sad....very sad considering they never call him out like this. Look, I understand we have wr problems just as we have ol problems but please quit denying that JC is making plenty of mistakes himself. Maybe all of this criticism this week will light a fire under him and he'll play well in Baltimore; well see.

The one thing we haven't seen from the receivers is overt disgust on the field targeted at Campbell. Now that he has thrown them under the bus...

He even went so far as to say in 2005 that the team and he were doing better because of better talent (basically throwing a still very-good Coles who took a dozen hospital balls from Brunell in 2004 and everyone else in traffic.)

Remember how he'd never take blame, just say "we" but then he would sometimes slip and take some individual credit when things went well?

Remember having these exact same articles, posts, flame wars in previous years and we discovered that--INDEED--sometimes it IS the QB, even if other elements are not perfect?

I read that stuff too. I also read that Brunell was Campbell's mentor. It seems that Campbell learned something, unfortunately.

I disagree with you here. I remember those Brunell wars and the Rasey ones before that...but one thig was glaringly different with the Brunell years...

We had a STELLAR offensive line. Brunell would sit back in the pocket with days to throw... and then throw it out of bouds.

I remember having GREAT dicussions with Bubba and TR1 and all the cowbaoy tolls and non trolls about how our O line was the best in the NFL... or at leat could be considered so.

Food for thought... Brunell was our QB from 2004 - 2007.

In 2004, Brunell played 9 games and was sacked 15 times

In 2005 he played 16 games and was sacked 27 times (I think this is in the top ten best in the league for starting QB's... though cant verify without further study of 2005 season. What I do know is that guys like Brees, Brady, and Delhomme were in the same figures for sacks and they all had pretty good years... except for boonell)

In 2006 he played 10 games and was sacked 12 times.

JC has been sacked 32 times in 12 games. So the comparisons are very different. What I see is a clear corelation between the status of our offensive line and the level of success of our offensive unit as a whole.

Campbell kept a boring, uninteresting attitude towards the game until now. And you said he showed no heart or leadership skills.

Now he shows some fire, and he's a prick.

Wtf do you want from him? When he threw for over 300 yards, he was fortunate. When he dodged a sacker and tossed a beautiful 67 Yard TD to Moss, you were cautious.

Why do people honestly think that OF ALL POSITIONS, you can just replace the QB!!!

I feel like he has gotten more heat than Mark Brunell!

With a young QB you cant just say "alright hese not getting it done" and move on!

TIME

Give him TIME!!!!

That's all...anyone arguing my logic doesn't deserve the effort for me to type an argument.

He will be top 5 in the league by 2009-2010...no doubt in my mind

I watched the game again yesterday, your point about looking to one side of the field is valid.

You can't see side to side without moving your head? :rolleyes:

His point is foolish. Anyone who constantly blames JC is foolish. He's just telling the truth about the receivers. If they're not open, or if he's not given more then 2 seconds to pass, he can't throw the deep ball.

There are other reasons as to why are receivers didn't get open.... other than talent.... you are all assuming it is talent that is being referred to.

1. The Giants and Pittsburgh have an excellent defense.... hands down

2. in the beginning of the year.... we, me, The NFL world didn't know what to expect from Zorn. lately we have been running a lot of plays that I have seen a bunch of times

Example -- was when he threw the near pick off to Cooley (triple coverage) in the third or fourth quarter... (awful decision btw) I have seen that play run a bunch of times....

If the defense has a key to what your gonna run before its run it doesn't matter if we have the best receivers in the league... especially if we are always in 3rd and long. I don't think they have digested the entire playbook yet either.

The skins will mature in this offense. I hope it happens this year but it may not.

:2cents:

I watched the game again yesterday, your point about looking to one side of the field is valid.

I would like your play-by-play analysis please.

My God, Ili, I respect you and you know that - but that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I watched the game on a 61" 1080p DLP and I couldn't see Campbell's eyes. Please tell me how you saw this.

The over/under for the Ravens game is a league low 36. The bookies know.
MGM is currently the lowest at 35:doh:

Who the **** cares about the bookies? If they knew anything, why did we beat Dallas?

Who cares about the over/under?

Oh thats right, people trying to find an excuse to bench our starting QB. :rolleyes: Interesting how it's two guys from Hawaii who care about it.

];5892784']Campbell kept a boring' date=' uninteresting attitude towards the game until now. And you said he showed no heart or leadership skills.

Now he shows some fire, and he's a prick.

Wtf do you want from him? When he threw for over 300 yards, he was fortunate. When he dodged a sacker and tossed a beautiful 67 Yard TD to Moss, you were cautious.[/quote']

Unless JC changes his name to Colt Brennan, there will always be a contingent that hates him.

Sonny9TD has seen the future and is a spectacular talent evaluator who also knows the difference between football team (dressed players just to keep it simple- Colt Brennan) and practice squad. (not dressed) See Jim Jones and Redskin preseason for answer to your emotional I love Jason no matter what comment concerning Colt leading the practice squad which we all know to be emotional psychobabble of a Jason lover instead of redskin lover. I do love some Redskins.

And I love complete, coherent sentences.

We must have another I love Jason fan here. You don't need a comma after "complete" Mr. Ernest Hemingway. No wonder you're a Jason fan.

But my comma doesn't make my sentence grammatically incorrect.

No wonder you're ignorant. You make a post that would make first grade teachers cry and you nit-pick about an extra comma.

Archived