Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We need to go after Matt Cassell!

skinsfan93

Ha, I knew this thread was coming.

Matt Cassell is working with better receivers and a better line than Campbell is. That said, Campbell concerns me because he has zero pocket presence and he simply isnt a play maker. With a great line and good receivers, he could be a winner, but so could most other starting QB's in the league. :2cents:

Yea, its so easy for everyone to jump on Cassell considering he had a bad game against the best defense in the nfl. Yet defend a guy who was a first round pick, has far more career starts, has a better running game who happened to have exactly the same type of game against the same team.

The point of the thread was to consider a guy who is improving over JC who seems to have regressed and really hasn't developed into a franchise qb.

Ha, I knew this thread was coming.

Matt Cassell is working with better receivers and a better line than Campbell is. That said, Campbell concerns me because he has zero pocket presence and he simply isnt a play maker. With a great line and good receivers, he could be a winner, but so could most other starting QB's in the league. :2cents:

Hard to be a playmaker when you put passes, at least three, on the money for first downs and the receivers drop them. It takes two people on a pass play and I saw only saw one of them doing what would have kept three drives alive.

Only thing I'd like to contribute to this nonsense of a thread is that I think all the Bill Belichick bashers need to apologize.

Remember how you all said the guy was overrated and that with Brady hurt he would be exposed. Here he is proving once again just how great a coach he is.

So much so that we even have a few misguided individuals actually hoping for Matt freaking Cassell to be our QB next year.

If that ain't great coaching I don't know what is.

Whatever team goes after Cassel is definitely gonna get screwed. The guy has proven NOTHING. I think too many people fell in love with the guy after the two 400 yard games. The guy is a decent- looking starter in NE, where he's surrounded by a very good supporting cast, coaching, etc. He isn't a starting material. Not for long stretches, anyway. Just my... :2cents:

Yea, its so easy for everyone to jump on Cassell considering he had a bad game against the best defense in the nfl. Yet defend a guy who was a first round pick, has far more career starts, has a better running game who happened to have exactly the same type of game against the same team.

The point of the thread was to consider a guy who is improving over JC who seems to have regressed and really hasn't developed into a franchise qb.

Its easier to bash Jason when he faced the best defense in the NFL with a lesser offensive line and a group of Receivers no where near the class of New England.

Yet heap praise on a guy who has been in one offensive system on the model franchise like it will transfer with him if he is stupid enough to come here.

Fair weather fans with that viewpoint is the reason why Notre Dame is going to continue to suck because of impatience and running blindly behind Weiss

I don't want to waste BIG $$ on Campbell. I'll also say HELL NO to Cassell.

Let's see what Colt & Collins can do in training camp and maybe sign another undrafted qb to see who's the best man for the job.

Since Campbell has another year left on his deal, you are making sense. Im glad to see sense hasnt left the boards entirely

Hard to be a playmaker when you put passes, at least three, on the money for first downs and the receivers drop them. It takes two people on a pass play and I saw only saw one of them doing what would have kept three drives alive.

Ok, Ill give you today. But what about the last 5 or 6 games? Im aware that our o-line could give him more time and our receivers could be better. I believe I stated that. But you cannot sit here and tell me that he has pocket presence. And aside from a couple scrambling plays, you cannot tell me that youve seen game changing ability in him. As of now from what he's shown me, it is my opinion he doesnt have 'it'. He's shown flashes, but not nearly often enough for me to be super excited about his future. Im not saying he wont become a great QB, but to this point I just dont see the progression you'd expect from a legit franchise QB. Especially when you consider what many very young QB's are doing early in their careers, QB's like Cassell, Flaco, and Ryan.

People can defend whoever they want, ultimately, the proof is in the puddin', so to speak.

I'm sorry but JC is just never going to be a franchise quarterback. The indecisions, the lack of making a play when needed, and the ineffective deep ball have us with a quarterback that is serviceable but never one who can carry a team.

I like Colt but he's a young guy who if started will go through growing pains just like Campbell. Plus I'm not sure he has a strong enough arm to make all the necessary throws.

With Jansen gone next year, Springs either getting cut or restructing, and not having to pay long term deals for JC and possibly Carlos Rogers (who has really stunk lately), I think we have the money to pay Cassell. Let's go get him.

(Unbelievable as I write this thread, JC throws another 3 yard pass to Betts and then gets sacked as usual.)

Does Randy Moss, Wes Welker, and the Pats line come with him?

Ok whatever he is the next Rob Johnson waiting in the wings.

Whatever team goes after Cassel is definitely gonna get screwed. The guy has proven NOTHING. I think too many people fell in love with the guy after the two 400 yard games. The guy is a decent- looking starter in NE, where he's surrounded by a very good supporting cast, coaching, etc. He isn't a starting material. Not for long stretches, anyway. Just my... :2cents:

agreed... he hasn't started consistently since high school and now he's doing 'well' with the talent around him.... not a tom brady type and not good for the skins... ever...

Archived