Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We need to go after Matt Cassell!

skinsfan93

I'm sorry but JC is just never going to be a franchise quarterback. The indecisions, the lack of making a play when needed, and the ineffective deep ball have us with a quarterback that is serviceable but never one who can carry a team.

I like Colt but he's a young guy who if started will go through growing pains just like Campbell. Plus I'm not sure he has a strong enough arm to make all the necessary throws.

With Jansen gone next year, Springs either getting cut or restructing, and not having to pay long term deals for JC and possibly Carlos Rogers (who has really stunk lately), I think we have the money to pay Cassell. Let's go get him.

(Unbelievable as I write this thread, JC throws another 3 yard pass to Betts and then gets sacked as usual.)

I agree. He's been here for quite awhile now and has shown nothing. People on here keep thinking he's going to breakout. This is not meant to sound harsh, but he's not smart enough to be a QB. He doesn't command confidence at all. So hesitant and too quite. Sick of it. I'm ready for a complete blow up of the team. We're not winning with these guys, why not bring in other guys.

This thread is an ultimate fail.

Cassel isn't that good, he's just in a better situation in NE then we have here. Give JC Randy Moss and Wes Welker instead of Santana Moss and Randle El and you'll see 400 yard passing games from JC and you chicken littles will be crying for us to get JC instead.

Yea that would be a great idea. But that won't happen he is Zorn's man. What does money matter we have an owner that spends money like he has a money trree in his backyard,

Campbell isn't Zorn's man. He inherited him and knew that he was best option of becoming a potential franchise qb. The things he has said since being here are things you would expect a coach to say when grooming a young qb.

If you're really trying to blame JC for not making plays I have the feeling you haven't watched the same game. Last time I checked it was what three consecutive passes that hit recievers in the chest for first downs and they just dropped the ball.

JC is still young, geeze not everyone is going to be a Brady right away or ever...but here's a thought how about we get him a reciever that will catch the ball. Or maybe a line that will realize they need to block the man in front of them? No that couldn't help fix the problems we are having lets just blame it on the quarterback.

It's a sad day but I think the only thing that matches the play of our team is the intellect of a good portion of it's fan base :doh:.

JC will be a great back up QB. To secure the ball and give it to the RB's.

But to have a real thing, we need a QB capable to take the risks and make plays...

Matt could be our starter, JC our back up, and Colt the third one while he learns the NFL, and let them compete for the second string job..

cassell's a 7th rounder. you don't even want to give our 6th rounder a shot? just sign cassell and automatically give him the starting job huh? howsabout open competition between campbell and brennan? naw, that'd be gayyyy

last year campbell went down, and suddenly the team is inspired to play for todd collins? must have been because he knew the system. jason campbell is meek, and the meek shall inherit the starting job.

I am in no way saying we should do this, but it would make more sense to bring back Al Saunders system and put Collins in. Guy was the best qb in the league the last month of last year.

Our best option right now is to just stay with Campbell and see if he proves himself. Maybe he does. Maybe he doesn't and we see what Colt has.

Just be happy we didn't sign JC to a huge deal.

JC still young? There's rookies making an instant impact for crying out loud. JC takes sacks for no reason. Throw it away. He's young, but has started how many games? He's not going to win a game for you.
Even a rookie QB knows to throw the ball past the first down marker on 3rd and 4th down.. This is Campbells 5th year in the league, if he's not smart enough to figure that out, he has no business running this team!

Archived