Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We need to go after Matt Cassell!

skinsfan93

Again, I'm not saying Cassel is the answer....JC is not. You're fooling yourself if you think he is.

I never said Campbell was the answer, but seriously I want some of the people commenting on which qb we should be getting to look at some of the facts. We drafted 2 wrs that are not ready to play, a All American TE that cant get into the game...two receivers made for stretching the field (in a west coast/short passing game offense), an old offensive line that cant pass protect and a rb running on one leg...campbell has not been great but how many qbs in the league are? A handful.

I agree. We missed the boat not going after Drew Brees (sp?). We need a QB if for no other reason than to change something. We need to get rid of ARE, he's crap and has been for a while. We need to destroy and rebuild the O Line. We need to expect the offense to succeed not slap ourselves on the back and call it a good day when they do the smallest thing.

Terrible offense and it's been terrible for a long long time.

New England Patriots - 35 sacks allowed

Washington Redskins - 28 sacks allowed

That's what happens when you don't do research and make unintelligent comments:doh:

Good stat. I said earlier that their oline was being scruitnized for their play earlier this year. All of a sudden, Cassell starts playing better and all of a sudden, no more talk about a bad oline.

I agree. We missed the boat not going after Drew Brees (sp?). We need a QB if for no other reason than to change something. We need to get rid of ARE, he's crap and has been for a while. We need to destroy and rebuild the O Line. We need to expect the offense to succeed not slap ourselves on the back and call it a good day when they do the smallest thing.

Terrible offense and it's been terrible for a long long time.

Heres the bottom line....the best qbs in the league are just that b/c they are playing in systems that compliment their strong suits. So having Drew Brees means nothing if ur running 4 yd slants on every possession. Defenses are not scared of the redskins offense (as the steelers, cowboys, and giants have shown) they are concerned w/ Portis and want Campbell to beat them. And I think he can if plays are called to his strong suits. Cassell, Brees, etc wouldnt have thrown for any more than Campbell did today. They call plays as if they think Im sitting back in the pocket and not a pro athlete. Its not all on JC

Cassell has some guy with 26 names at running back. He doesn't have the same weapons as he might have had and yeah, he has Moss but you still have to put the ball NEAR the dude somehow. Cassell put theses cats up 7-0 vs. Pittsburgh. What did Jason do and he has Clinton Portis to take pressure off?

Heres the bottom line....the best qbs in the league are just that b/c they are playing in systems that compliment their strong suits. So having Drew Brees means nothing if ur running 4 yd slants on every possession. Defenses are not scared of the redskins offense (as the steelers, cowboys, and giants have shown) they are concerned w/ Portis and want Campbell to beat them. And I think he can if plays are called to his strong suits. Cassell, Brees, etc wouldnt have thrown for any more than Campbell did today. They call plays as if they think Im sitting back in the pocket and not a pro athlete. Its not all on JC

They can't MAKE an offense tailored to JC. Whether it's the 'throw to a spot" offense of Saunders or whether it's Gibbs offense or whether it's Zorn's "West Coast" it doesn't seem that Campbell is very accurate. He's not even really poised--he's ASLEEP! He has poor mechanics and fundamentals. He is just not very good. He may very well mature after many more years and become something of value but it won't be here. People aren't going to wait for Campbells 8th year to figure it out and improve.

Oh and I'm sure that the NO offense is different than the SD offense Brees played in--you know what the common factor is---BREES!

And Brees has a relatively weak arm, so he's limited in that way and all he does is make plays all over where he CAN make them and is just THAT good as a QB where you can work with those limitations.

Cassell has some guy with 26 names at running back. He doesn't have the same weapons as he might have had and yeah, he has Moss but you still have to put the ball NEAR the dude somehow. Cassell put theses cats up 7-0 vs. Pittsburgh. What did Jason do and he has Clinton Portis to take pressure off?

:doh::puke:

JC isnt playing great but he did ok so far...

but with WR droppin balls and an oline that protects him for not more then 2 sec, other QBs wouldnt do any better i guess....

We should think about gettin some new oliner... through draft and possible throgh FA...

But that should be our major concern i think!!!

I'm sorry but JC is just never going to be a franchise quarterback. The indecisions, the lack of making a play when needed, and the ineffective deep ball have us with a quarterback that is serviceable but never one who can carry a team.

I like Colt but he's a young guy who if started will go through growing pains just like Campbell. Plus I'm not sure he has a strong enough arm to make all the necessary throws.

With Jansen gone next year, Springs either getting cut or restructing, and not having to pay long term deals for JC and possibly Carlos Rogers (who has really stunk lately), I think we have the money to pay Cassell. Let's go get him.

(Unbelievable as I write this thread, JC throws another 3 yard pass to Betts and then gets sacked as usual.)

:secret:....its the system Cassel is in.

They can't MAKE an offense tailored to JC. Whether it's the 'throw to a spot" offense of Saunders or whether it's Gibbs offense or whether it's Zorn's "West Coast" it doesn't seem that Campbell is very accurate. He's not even really poised--he's ASLEEP! He has poor mechanics and fundamentals. He is just not very good. He may very well mature after many more years and become something of value but it won't be here. People aren't going to wait for Campbells 8th year to figure it out and improve.

Oh and I'm sure that the NO offense is different than the SD offense Brees played in--you know what the common factor is---BREES!

And Brees has a relatively weak arm, so he's limited in that way and all he does is make plays all over where he CAN make them and is just THAT good as a QB where you can work with those limitations.

poor mechanics? poor fundamentals? so you're a qb coach now? maybe you should really think about the fact that hes had 7 offensive coordinators since he got to Auburn...thats 7 different coaches w/ 7 different philosophies telling him what was wrong w/ him wat was wrong w/ the mechanics/fundamentals that the last guy taught him....campbell is not a top tier qb, get over it...but he does not suck as some of you guys would make it seem.

:doh::puke:

As I expected, a highly intelligent response from you.

How did Randy do in Oakland, by the way? Oh not great? How about near the end in Minny?

The FACT is that even with Moss you have to throw it near the guy. Campbell is inaccurate.

And he's not playing with Maroney behind him in the backfield. He's got a guy who no one ever heard of running. And the Patriots O-line has always been overrated. They are good but not GREAT. That's just something people assumed because they DID improve to go from mediocre in 2001 (at best) to very good by 2007. But they're not perfect and Brady helped make them look a lot better.

JC isnt playing great but he did ok so far...

but with WR droppin balls and an oline that protects him for not more then 2 sec, other QBs wouldnt do any better i guess....

We should think about gettin some new oliner... through draft and possible throgh FA...

But that should be our major concern i think!!!

We cant catch-plain & simple

It's not JC- WE CAN"T CATCH!!!!!!!!!

Can we stop with the dropped balls excuse?!? The drop by ARE on 3rd down was short of the first down. The drop by Kelly hit him in his chest, yes, but it was still a tough catch. There may have been 1 or 2 others but none of them were significant in that it would have changed the outcome of the game.

JC just doesn't make plays when necessary. If anything his receivers, Moss and Cooley are more responsible for making the plays.

Cassell is definitely better. You can't even use the argument that they're in different offenses.

Both are throwing to WRs named Moss. Welker and ARE are identical. And our offensive line has Samuels, Thomas, AND Jansen. Who do they have?

Its not like Cassell has a (much) better supporting cast. I mean, his offensive line is the same one that Brady had last year, and look what kind of season he had.

As I expected, a highly intelligent response from you.

How did Randy do in Oakland, by the way? Oh not great? How about near the end in Minny?

The FACT is that even with Moss you have to throw it near the guy. Campbell is inaccurate.

And he's not playing with Maroney behind him in the backfield. He's got a guy who no one ever heard of running. And the Patriots O-line has always been overrated. They are good but not GREAT. That's just something people assumed because they DID improve to go from mediocre in 2001 (at best) to very good by 2007. But they're not perfect and Brady helped make them look a lot better.

really thats all you deserved for the initial comment you made...Portis is injured, what about that dont you understand...they cant rely on Portis right now...in fact everything you have said are the words of someone who doesnt understand the all of the aspects of football...lets just settle on the fact that you dont know what you're talking about. sounds good on the surface but really doesnt have much depth.

Can we stop with the dropped balls excuse?!? The drop by ARE on 3rd down was short of the first down. The drop by Kelly hit him in his chest, yes, but it was still a tough catch. There may have been 1 or 2 others but none of them were significant in that it would have changed the outcome of the game.

JC just doesn't make plays when necessary. If anything his receivers, Moss and Cooley are more responsible for making the plays.

So WRs dropping balls are valid excuses. After all, its hard.

But JC doesn't require at least a mediocre OL to help him out.

];5879403']Cassell is definitely better. You can't even use the argument that they're in different offenses.

Both are throwing to WRs named Moss. Welker and ARE are identical. And our offensive line has Samuels' date=' Thomas, AND Jansen. Who do they have?

Its not like Cassell has a (much) better supporting cast. I mean, his offensive line is the same one that Brady had last year, and look what kind of season he had.[/quote']

Hey, if Brees goes down, what does New Orleans do on offense and how well with they do it? (I'm thinking we agree they have SOME talent on O over there.)

And as I've pointed out, they have had no stability at running back. That's not an unimportant position but you seem to think he's got Maroney back there and that the Patriots haven't given up more sacks this year.

Welker is a good palyer but let's not pretend that he's God MC Jay Hova because he got into a good system for what he does. Moss is the only truly SUPERLATIVE talent at the skill position, though Watson has fantastic physical skills.

Or put it another way--you think you can throw ANYONE into that QB role with New England and they'd do just as well? Anyone? Really? JT O SUllivan?

Archived