Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We need to go after Matt Cassell!

skinsfan93

If you're really trying to blame JC for not making plays I have the feeling you haven't watched the same game. Last time I checked it was what three consecutive passes that hit recievers in the chest for first downs and they just dropped the ball.

JC is still young, geeze not everyone is going to be a Brady right away or ever...but here's a thought how about we get him a reciever that will catch the ball. Or maybe a line that will realize they need to block the man in front of them? No that couldn't help fix the problems we are having lets just blame it on the quarterback.

It's a sad day but I think the only thing that matches the play of our team is the intellect of a good portion of it's fan base :doh:.

Yes, I watched the game. What..are you some nfl personnel that is able to disect the game better than others on here???

Dropped balls happen to all teams. I agree, it would be nice to have a Malcolm Kelly step up and become a solid player and he just might, next year.

The thing about Jason and especially today...give me one play in which he stepped up and MADE A PLAY? Besides the pass to Moss in the 1st giants game, he hasn't made a single play that would show that he can take a team and carry it on his back. Yes the Giants are a good team and a great defense, but he hasn't improved enough to make me think he can become a franchise qb.

The one plus...he's better than Ramsey who I thought would and should have never been seen as some kind of savior.

The thing about Jason and especially today...give me one play in which he stepped up and MADE A PLAY? Besides the pass to Moss in the 1st giants game, he hasn't made a single play that would show that he can take a team and carry it on his back.

In JC's defense there would have been quite a few of those type of plays had balls not been dropped.

With Jansen gone next year, Springs either getting cut or restructing, and not having to pay long term deals for JC and possibly Carlos Rogers (who has really stunk lately), I think we have the money to pay Cassell. Let's go get him.

(Unbelievable as I write this thread, JC throws another 3 yard pass to Betts and then gets sacked as usual.)

First off, you lost a lot of credibility knocking Rogers. That just means you don't actually understand what's going on on the football field during the games.

Second, Cassell? Really?

Sure, and let's get Belichick, their OC Josh McDaniels, Randy Moss, Ben Watson, Wes Welker, Kevin Faulk, and their o-line (which coincidentally enough, is one of the best in the league). Why not?

What's really unbelievable is that you actually thought this thread was going to be a good one when you made it. And also that sadly, other people will read this thread and agree with you.

I am in no way saying we should do this, but it would make more sense to bring back Al Saunders system and put Collins in. Guy was the best qb in the league the last month of last year.

Our best option right now is to just stay with Campbell and see if he proves himself. Maybe he does. Maybe he doesn't and we see what Colt has.

Just be happy we didn't sign JC to a huge deal.

lol what?

Collins?

You don't remember how he played in the Seattle playoff game? What he'd throw again, two pick 6's?

Yeah, we really need Saunders and Collins back.

JC still young? There's rookies making an instant impact for crying out loud. JC takes sacks for no reason. Throw it away. He's young, but has started how many games? He's not going to win a game for you.

Well I'm glad the fans were willing to give Aikman more time, give Elway more time, Favre was even traded. Very few qb's come into the game and make a name for themselves right away. And as much as I've battered JC for certain plays it's growing pains. Last time I checked Eli looked like a dud up until the playoffs last year...and he still shows signs of failure. JC doesn't even have the time of day to throw the ball and when he does the recievers are the biggest epic fail.

Get used to it, put any qb behind our line the way they're playing and he doesn't succeed. These games aren't lost by the qb they're lost by the line and the lack of recievers. Every game it's dropped balls or the reciever vanishes. And that's if there's enough time to even allow JC to toss it.

And yes JC is still young, regardless of how many starts he's had. He's had 1 count it 1 season that he played under the same system as the previous. And he was showing promise until he was sidelined. If you're changing systems regardless of age it's going to take some getting used to. Favre has been in the league just about as long as I've been alive but until recently has just returned to form. He had to learn the system.

If you're really trying to blame JC for not making plays I have the feeling you haven't watched the same game. Last time I checked it was what three consecutive passes that hit recievers in the chest for first downs and they just dropped the ball.

JC is still young, geeze not everyone is going to be a Brady right away or ever...but here's a thought how about we get him a reciever that will catch the ball. Or maybe a line that will realize they need to block the man in front of them? No that couldn't help fix the problems we are having lets just blame it on the quarterback.

It's a sad day but I think the only thing that matches the play of our team is the intellect of a good portion of it's fan base :doh:.

3 drops .. how many poor decisions did jc make ? how many passes were short of the 1st down .. how many times did he stare at his reciever the whole time ... how many times did he hold onto the ball instead of runnng/throwing it away ..... Jc has plenty of blame for this loss

Well I'm glad the fans were willing to give Aikman more time, give Elway more time, Favre was even traded. Very few qb's come into the game and make a name for themselves right away. And as much as I've battered JC for certain plays it's growing pains. Last time I checked Eli looked like a dud up until the playoffs last year...and he still shows signs of failure. JC doesn't even have the time of day to throw the ball and when he does the recievers are the biggest epic fail.

Get used to it, put any qb behind our line the way they're playing and he doesn't succeed. These games aren't lost by the qb they're lost by the line and the lack of recievers. Every game it's dropped balls or the reciever vanishes. And that's if there's enough time to even allow JC to toss it.

And yes JC is still young, regardless of how many starts he's had. He's had 1 count it 1 season that he played under the same system as the previous. And he was showing promise until he was sidelined. If you're changing systems regardless of age it's going to take some getting used to. Favre has been in the league just about as long as I've been alive but until recently has just returned to form. He had to learn the system.

What did JC do today? today against the Giants?

First off, you lost a lot of credibility knocking Rogers. That just means you don't actually understand what's going on on the football field during the games.

Second, Cassell? Really?

Sure, and let's get Belichick, their OC Josh McDaniels, Randy Moss, Ben Watson, Wes Welker, Kevin Faulk, and their o-line (which coincidentally enough, is one of the best in the league). Why not?

What's really unbelievable is that you actually thought this thread was going to be a good one when you made it. And also that sadly, other people will read this thread and agree with you.

Carlos Rogers is a good corner. I like him. However earlier this year, he was playing awesome and had we signed him to a deal, we may have paid him top 5 corner money. I don't think we have to overpay him at this point. My point was that money saved can help us go after Cassell.

You do realize Bellicik is a defensive minded coach. More of the credit should go to Josh McDaniels and Charlie Weis for the development of Brady and Cassell. And those other players besides Moss and Welker?? C'mon Ben Watson is adequate, Kevin Faulk is a 3rd down back, they have backups at running back starting for them.

Everyone wants to talk about improving the oline and dline and whatever other position. Yes, we need better lineman but the quarterback position has and always will be the most important position on a football team.

Please be real man. How many more excuses are we going to make for this guy? Last time I check, Portis hasn't had a problem ripping off 100+ yd games this season. While I agree that we need to rebuild our line, its not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Our RB is leading the league in rushing. JC holds on to the ball too long.

Some of the problems i do not blame on Campbell

1) Poor blocking by the offensive line is the first issue for me.

2) Players dropping balls when they should catch them and not finding the first down markers or at least getting to them before they make their turns and cuts...inexcusable in my opinion. That is a huge coaching problem.

3) Now with Campbell he does not seem to have good vision and he goes to the same receivers over and over even if they are covered up and you just can't do that.

But in a nutshell we are simply not a playoff team. But I predicted two more losses with Giants being one of them. I think we will also struggle with Philadelphia.

Archived