Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We need to go after Matt Cassell!

skinsfan93

Campbell is slow. Slow with his thinking and slow with his delivery. Not the type of quarterback you need for a west coast offense. Or any offense for that matter. But nobody listen to me. Of course everyone has all of this so called "faith" in him.

I really find it ignorant as hell to use the "HE HAS NO PROTECTION!!!! HES THE BEST WHEN HE HAS PROTECTION!!!". That's bull. He had plenty of time on SEVERAL throws today, and throughout the season...and what did he do...oh yeah! Nothing. At all. Get him out.

u know some of you people are idiots and make me ashamed to say im a redskins fan....i wonder if other team's fans are this stupid....Cassell is a system qb w/ the luxury of Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Jabar Gaffney, etc. on top of that they have a spread offense...you could put half of the qbs in the league in that system and they would do just as well if not more than Cassell is doing. I really hope the clown that started this thread is 10 yrs old and cant remember backup system qbs who cashed in w/ other teams such as Scott Mitchell and our own Shane Matthews. That is the only way you get a pass for the garbage u just wrote.

I'm sorry but JC is just never going to be a franchise quarterback. The indecisions, the lack of making a play when needed, and the ineffective deep ball have us with a quarterback that is serviceable but never one who can carry a team.

I like Colt but he's a young guy who if started will go through growing pains just like Campbell. Plus I'm not sure he has a strong enough arm to make all the necessary throws.

With Jansen gone next year, Springs either getting cut or restructing, and not having to pay long term deals for JC and possibly Carlos Rogers (who has really stunk lately), I think we have the money to pay Cassell. Let's go get him.

(Unbelievable as I write this thread, JC throws another 3 yard pass to Betts and then gets sacked as usual.)

i don't think we should try to get cassell... he has some seriously good receivers up there (which we don't) that make him look so good...

3 drops .. how many poor decisions did jc make ? how many passes were short of the 1st down .. how many times did he stare at his reciever the whole time ... how many times did he hold onto the ball instead of runnng/throwing it away ..... Jc has plenty of blame for this loss

And in no way am I defending his play and saying he played wonderful...if you go back to the first post I told you he's going to have growing pains. When was the last time you saw a qb not throw short of the first down marker in a game? However to say he diserves to be benched or removed because of his play is the most assinine thing I've ever heard.

1. He throws to the reciever, if the reciever doesn't go beyond the first down marker it's on the reciever not the qb.

2. Who can make consistant plays to anyone under pressure the whole game? Last time I checked that was the point to pressuring the qb to cause him to make mistakes.

3. There were multiple drops throughout the game, but the op asked for moments JC stepped up. I was pinpointing three that were well beyond the 1st. He put the ball in the breadbasket...it's up to the reciever not to butter it up.

Yes JC does have his flaws, but a lot of those can be fixed if he's given a chance to work under the same system for awhile. If you're not comfortable with what you're doing there's no way you're going to succeed. JC has shown enough through this year to show while he may never be headed to Canton he's valuable enough to be our franchise qb.

This thread is an ultimate fail.

Cassel isn't that good, he's just in a better situation in NE then we have here. Give JC Randy Moss and Wes Welker instead of Santana Moss and Randle El and you'll see 400 yard passing games from JC and you chicken littles will be crying for us to get JC instead.

He wont throw the ball farther then 7 yards, it doesnt matter who we have as a WR! Keep thinking the idiot is a good QB, Rookies in this league are better then him with out WR's nearly as good as Moss, ARE, and Cooley. The man is garbage!!!

Did anyone ever think that it is our o-line and not our quarterback? Hard to clearly see recievers when your o-line is sub-par as of late.

right now they are worse than sub par... you're being too kind... the way they've been playing they wouldn't qualify for the tour....

I'm sorry but JC is just never going to be a franchise quarterback. The indecisions, the lack of making a play when needed, and the ineffective deep ball have us with a quarterback that is serviceable but never one who can carry a team.

I like Colt but he's a young guy who if started will go through growing pains just like Campbell. Plus I'm not sure he has a strong enough arm to make all the necessary throws.

With Jansen gone next year, Springs either getting cut or restructing, and not having to pay long term deals for JC and possibly Carlos Rogers (who has really stunk lately), I think we have the money to pay Cassell. Let's go get him.

(Unbelievable as I write this thread, JC throws another 3 yard pass to Betts and then gets sacked as usual.)

Daniel Snyder? Is that you?...it was this exact thinking that put us into the hole which we are just now beginning to dig ourselves out of.:doh::doh::doh:

Please be real man. How many more excuses are we going to make for this guy? Last time I check, Portis hasn't had a problem ripping off 100+ yd games this season. While I agree that we need to rebuild our line, its not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Our RB is leading the league in rushing. JC holds on to the ball too long.

Please refrain from posting and watch football for a while.

Run blocking and pass blocking are completely different things. If run blocking meant you were good at pass blocking every Nebraska lineman from the 80's and 90's would have gone in the first three rounds of the draft. Instead, only a handful made it in the NFL.

u know some of you people are idiots and make me ashamed to say im a redskins fan....i wonder if other team's fans are this stupid....Cassell is a system qb w/ the luxury of Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Jabar Gaffney, etc. on top of that they have a spread offense...you could put half of the qbs in the league in that system and they would do just as well if not more than Cassell is doing. I really hope the clown that started this thread is 10 yrs old and cant remember backup system qbs who cashed in w/ other teams such as Scott Mitchell and our own Shane Matthews. That is the only way you get a pass for the garbage u just wrote.

Again, I'm not saying Cassel is the answer....JC is not. You're fooling yourself if you think he is.

Please be real man. How many more excuses are we going to make for this guy? Last time I check, Portis hasn't had a problem ripping off 100+ yd games this season. While I agree that we need to rebuild our line, its not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Our RB is leading the league in rushing. JC holds on to the ball too long.

I think a lot of the run game has to be credited to Sellers ( and CP obviously). Sounds silly to give most of the credit to the fullback, but Sellers has to be the top fullback in the league. He's lights out with the lead blocking.

I agree though. Campbell is very definitely lacking in the mental department.

I agree. He's been here for quite awhile now and has shown nothing. People on here keep thinking he's going to breakout. This is not meant to sound harsh, but he's not smart enough to be a QB. He doesn't command confidence at all. So hesitant and too quite. Sick of it. I'm ready for a complete blow up of the team. We're not winning with these guys, why not bring in other guys.

Carlos Rogers is a good corner. I like him. However earlier this year, he was playing awesome and had we signed him to a deal, we may have paid him top 5 corner money. I don't think we have to overpay him at this point. My point was that money saved can help us go after Cassell.

You do realize Bellicik is a defensive minded coach. More of the credit should go to Josh McDaniels and Charlie Weis for the development of Brady and Cassell. And those other players besides Moss and Welker?? C'mon Ben Watson is adequate, Kevin Faulk is a 3rd down back, they have backups at running back starting for them.

Everyone wants to talk about improving the oline and dline and whatever other position. Yes, we need better lineman but the quarterback position has and always will be the most important position on a football team.

And Belichick is also just a good head coach who runs a tight ship with all his assistants. You honestly don't think he has a hand in getting the team to perform around Cassel to help take pressure off of him while he's learning on the job?

Charlie Weis was at Notre Dame when the Patriots drafted Cassel in 05. McDaniels is just a genius at scheming their offense around Cassel's strengths. Faulk might just be a third down back, but he's one of the best in the league and he's great at catching out of the backfield and taking screen plays. Watson is also an excellent blocker.

You can use whatever cliches you want about how the "QB is the most important position on a football team," but the reality is that it doesn't do us any good when the right side of our o-line can't block to save their lives and the middle of our d-line can't get any pressure at all.

I don't think it was JC, he had 1 bad underthrow to Randle El deep and that was it. Kelly and Randle El both dropped deep balls that should have been caught. He did fine today, it wasn't like he was playing a crappy defense in ideal conditions. I would rather have JC than a QB who has 3 good starts at NE under Belicheck.

I think a lot of the run game has to be credited to Sellers ( and CP obviously). Sounds silly to give most of the credit to the fullback, but Sellers has to be the top fullback in the league. He's lights out with the lead blocking.

I agree though. Campbell is very definitely lacking in the mental department.

And yet Zorn says Campbell's farther along than Matt Hasselbeck was at this stage of learning the offense.

Archived