Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Blackberry Storm...anyone get it?

Spaceman Spiff

I foolishly thought I could just stroll into the Reston Verizon store this morning and pick it up.

Dead wrong.

So I played with it a little bit at the store but couldn't spend too much time with the demo cause I had about 5 people breathing down my neck after about a minute with it.

I went back to the office and just ordered it online, it arrives Monday.

Did anyone get it? I liked what I saw/felt. The iPhone still seems a bit more intuitive though...I remember the first time I saw one, I just automatically knew how to use it.

Did they let you connect to the web with it?

I want to know if either the Bold or Storm have a fully functioning browser like Apple has with Safari. Opera Mini and the Blackberry browser don't run javascript well enough to support the apps I want to use.

Yeah, I got online with it and went to espn.com. It looks nice, just like the iPhone.

Gotta say, I think the 3G thing is way overrated. It's advertised as fast and I guess in some areas it is, but it seems to be pretty hit or miss. It wasn't all that fast at the store.

It might be if you consider that Verizon is supposedly going to go start charging a minimum of $15/month data plans/vcast for feature phones to access the web/e-mail, ie: Krave, Dare, Voyager Glyde starting in 09.

If they do that, they're going to lose alot of customers.

If they do that, they're going to lose alot of customers.

As as side note, I was curious and ran by Verizon to confirm this, sales person did just that. If you buy any of those 4 phones with full html browser you cannot use the $5 a month mobile web access they they have/had, $15 vcast is required, at that point, may as well spend the extra $15 and get an actualy smartphone instead of a wannabe....I hate Verizon, I'm not sure why I'm still with them.

Just got back from the verizon store....this phone SUCKS.

Slow, laggy as hell, the touchscreen typing is horrible. if you use your phone for work there is no way you can survive with this thing. its buggy as hell...really really difficult to navigate and use. There are some critical usability features that just arent there or impossible to find too, like highlight, copy & paste, etc. Just not easy. Very disappointed. Definitely waiting for the new curve.

Pretty sure it's not required. Whether it's worth it or not without it is entirely up to you.

I got a $200 gift certificate + my money off for my 2 year upgrade. So I'm just looking for the best/coolest phone I can get without having to pay the extra stuff :)

I got the last one in the Verizon Store on F St.

I think it's pretty cool - the keyboard is much easier to use than I thought it would be - I think the clicking actually helps there. There are some slight lag issues, but I'm pretty happy with it. The web browser still isn't that fast, but it's an improvement over the old blackberry.

I'll be handing it over to GF to set up my e-mail on Monday, and then I'll see how functional it is for work.

Archived