Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should Cigarettes Be Legal

Koolblue13

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I am a life long tobacco user and quitting is hard as hell. Even the folks who have quit will say they still get the urge.

The is zero rewarding qualities to it, other thank enjoying a smoke.

Smokers are a burden to the health care industry as well.

Personally, I would like to see the "manufacturing of prerolled tobacco" made illegal.

I know the industry employees thousands of illegals as well as actual citizens, but wouldn't we be better off without.

When they come pre-rolled, they usually include filters which makes them slightly safer. It was your decision to start smoking, keep smoking, and the attempt to eventually quit. So if it was illegal no one would use tobacco? Lets look at other illegal substances, people still use heroin, opium, crack, cocaine, cannabis, speed, meth, alcohol during prohibition, and so on. And usually making the substances illegal only drives up costs, makes them less pure and more harmful, and invites criminal elements into the black market. Sorry you're having such a tough time quitting but making tobacco illegal will create many more problems than any it may solve.

When they come pre-rolled, they usually include filters which makes them slightly safer. It was your decision to start smoking, keep smoking, and the attempt to eventually quit. So if it was illegal no one would use tobacco? Lets look at other illegal substances, people still use heroin, opium, crack, cocaine, cannabis, speed, meth, alcohol during prohibition, and so on. And usually making the substances illegal only drives up costs, makes them less pure and more harmful, and invites criminal elements into the black market. Sorry you're having such a tough time quitting but making tobacco illegal will create many more problems than any it may solve.
I have a hard time believing there would be a black market for smokes.

:applause: I don't smoke but I'm appalled at the way they are treated by an increasing number of people today. This used to be a free country.

Yes, but I believe that the people who make the choice to use this product in this day and age (with all the warnings, negative publicity and public discourse) should be denied care for and diseases or injuries which scientifically are the result of smoking (or using other taboco products).

I have a hard time believing there would be a black market for smokes.

Maybe there wouldn't be, but already there are many who try to get around cigarette taxes with underground tobacco and to think that a substance so widely used would suddenly disappear seems naive to me, perhaps optimistic to you. Just look at those under 18, they only reason they smoke is because it's illegality makes it cool, IMHO. I would say that trend would continue if it was illegal for everyone.

Sure, I say smoke all you want.

Just please don't do it where I have to breathe it. That should be illegal.

And if any smokers want to quote this post and argue with me, fine. Next time I see you out at dinner huffing on a cigarette where I have to breathe it, I'm going to walk over to your table and take a dump on your lasagna. I guess that would be my choice. Nevermind the health risk posed to you.

Actually, I've read that smoking actually saves the taxpayers a lot of money.

Smokers have much higher health care costs on Medicare and Medicaid. But they also die a lot younger, saving Social Security Billions.

Keep smokin people, keep smokin! :applause:

Definition for schedule 1 drugs:

(A) The drug or other substance has high potential for abuse.

(B) The drug or other substance has no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States.

© There is a lack of accepted safety for use of the drug or other substance under medical supervision.

When it comes to a drug that is currently listed in schedule I, if it is undisputed that such drug has no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States and a lack of accepted safety for use under medical supervision, and it is further undisputed that the drug has at least some potential for abuse sufficient to warrant control under the CSA, the drug must remain in schedule I. In such circumstances, placement of the drug in schedules II through V would conflict with the CSA since such drug would not meet the criterion of "a currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States." 21 USC 812(B).

Very surprised to see this thread coming from you KB.

I thought you were all about the government staying out of everyone's personal choices?

I am. It just seems like one of those things that shouldn't be.

It's actually a cry for help and everybody is ****ting on it.:cry:

I would like to see the manufacturing of it illegal.

I am. It just seems like one of those things that shouldn't be.

It's actually a cry for help and everybody is ****ting on it.:cry:

I would like to see the manufacturing of it illegal.

You want to know how to quit smoking KB? Get mad. That's what I did.

I mean, face it. You're the tobacco company's *****. They laugh at you. Hell, they love you. They roll their cigarettes, put their warning on them, and laugh their way to the bank because people like you keep lining up. HAHAHAHAHA

Picture some big, fat, executive prick sucking on a big cigar sitting behind his enormous wooden desk, thankful for all of his ****es out there. He's got a beautiful estate and he drives a mercedes to work. He's laughing at you. He knows you won't quit. You're a smoker for life. You're his *****.

Do you like being this guys' *****? Do you like paying for his wife's masseuse?

No? Then do something about it. Quit. **** them. **** that pretentious suit sitting behind his desk laughing at you. He's not getting your money anymore.

Nobody owns you. Show them that is the case. Show yourself.

Best of luck quitting KB. It will be the best thing you've ever done. You will NEVER regret doing it. You will feel 1000x's better, almost immediately. I found that there is a lot of support out there on the web. Every time I really wanted a cig, I closed myself in my office and read testimonials from others that quit.

Oh yah, and I reminded myself that I was a tobacco executive's prison *****. I didn't like that.

Archived